Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

The first photo looks to be at the picnic tables at an old disused train station (don't know it's name)

Those ones are between Durrow and Kilmacthomas. The ones you’re thinking of are at Durrow station it’s self.

Trekker09 wrote: »
    Thanks. I didn't recognise it. Is that just as you come into Dungarvan?

Yeah, about 1km ish from the Ballyvoile tunnel

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Thanks. Did the route from Dungarvan to Kilmacthomas (and back) with the family during the summer. It was a great day out with the family!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

I suddenly have a real longing to do it again knowing that I'm not allowed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Boyne estuary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

New boots :D

50966268778_a1d939ccf9_b.jpg

A tad damp :P

50966268738_87f4c7639d_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What does your extra handlebar do for you in real world use? Does it make much difference on the long rides?

Thargor wrote: »
    What does your extra handlebar do for you in real world use? Does it make much difference on the long rides?

I use that to keep front roll bag up off the wheel and it makes it easier to add a light etc. Most bits on that bike are their for a purpose and some of them aren't easy on the eye. :D It does make a nice finger stretcher though when you rest your hands on the tops

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭WOT

Paid a visit to the airport to see if it’s still there!! It is.

Rear tyre needs a clean tho’ not much retro reflective going on through the accumulation of road grime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

At the edge of my 5km radius.
    The mountains so near and yet so far!
    thumbnail-image000000-6.jpg

• Advertisement

Art installation on my route this morning. Looks like a load of ‘ol rubbish to me tho’.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thejaguar

WOT wrote: »
    Art installation on my route this morning. Looks like a load of ‘ol rubbish to me tho’.

Looks like Stockhole Lane - I've seen that art installation myself. It turns up every few months (or less :() - makes me sick when I see it.

Is there somewhere you can report that sort of thing?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

That would be for reporting to Fingal as it's in their area. It's maddening to see alright.

Boils my piss , I've reported a few similar dumps to Louth and Meath CC over the years. One I know was successfully prosecuted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,141 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

thejaguar wrote: »
    I've submitted images of rubbish using an Android app called See it? Say it! a few times and it's been picked up within a couple of weeks. Not sure if it's on iOS, but it submits to FixYourStreet.ie so you could upload images there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

The annoying thing about the Fix Your Street mobile app is the fact that you can't upload photos as you can on the desktop website. Otherwise it's good and Dublin City Council generally respond within a day or two in my area.

Art installation now reported via that website. Did not know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Well a run for me 🥺

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'd still call that a cycle, even if you had no pedals to push? you're a lot shorter than i imagined though.

vcgYnOV.jpg

The Park for a change (NOT)

• Advertisement

Normally I ride the road here as the boardwalk is too busy during the day. Hopped off and walked this stretch today as the road was closed due to hedge trimming. Heads up to others riding here in coming days there are thorns and splinters a plenty along the road here now as my punctured front wheel can attest to on my return leg.

Great to see so many people out and using what is a great amenity though.

TKQQEAXh.jpg

Heads up to others riding here in coming days there are thorns and splinters a plenty along the road here now as my punctured front wheel can attest to on my return leg.
    Even though there hasn't been much hedge cutting in my urban 5km circle, I was happy to see that the seasonal ban on hedge cutting starts on 1 March. Good for the birds and for rural cyclists.

thejaguar wrote: »
    Looks like Stockhole Lane - I've seen that art installation myself. It turns up every few months (or less :() - makes me sick when I see it.

All cleaned up now it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

CbFjRPG.jpg

Lovely morning for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Biopace wrote: »
    Lovely morning for it :)

Been looking forward to tomorrow morning all week.
    (still working and on site at 7:30 or so daily)

Ballyvoile tunnel on the Waterford Greenway.

545056.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭teroknor83

545427.jpg

What a weekend it was for cycling

I won't lie I was pretty close to a temper tantrum at this point 😁

50992392017_220024f21a_c.jpg

Mid ride bike wash :D

50992392807_70162ee310_c.jpg

I do love a good tan wall :p

50991583478_7df8634298_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Duncannon Beach, Co. Wexford yesterday.

Really looking forward to more days like that! :cool:

7rTmzZH_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Mooching around the lesser travelled tracks by the Hellfire, great craic but a bit beyond my ability on the CX. Perfect excuse to get the n+1 MTB :)

(Boards seems to be rotating images for some reason, ok on my PC :confused: )

545485.jpg

545486.jpg

545488.jpg

Advertisement