Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

There's something missing from Edge's entrances since he returned.. Wonder if Tony Chimel is up to anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,601 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Think it might be a work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Tamina has lost weight and looks imposing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't know why they're still bringing up that Bianca has a choice of titles. Apart from the night after the Rumble, has she even mentioned Raw? Hope she at least meets Asuka backstage tomorrow night. Not that Asuka has a reason to be there now.

It was grand while Trish was there, but it's weird Cole referring to Liv doing a Matrix like move. 17 years since the last film. I know the new one is due this year but does seem out of place from the usual more modern references he makes.
    Come to think of it, I said before about all the women having nicknames, but do Liv and Ruby have individual nicknames?

They really need to decrease the volume of the "fans". Can barely hear the promos sometimes. When they have packed arenas they tend to be quiet during promos, unless booing people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,018 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Never thought I'd see a heel Ottis

A decent episode of SD this week I thought. The ending segment was fun. Think it will be Edge vs Roman at mania

Is Big E out legit injured or storyline wise only with heel Apollo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Never thought I'd see a heel Ottis

A decent episode of SD this week I thought. The ending segment was fun. Think it will be Edge vs Roman at mania
    possibly the most random heel turn I can remember...

Surprise us all and choose Asuka?

I'm guessing either Sasha will come out and call her out to choose or Bianca will start to speak before being interrupted by Sasha.
    Will Reginald jump in as well?

• Advertisement

I wonder will wwe do the wwe thing and Roman will beat Edge. If im thinking correctly this years Mania will be the first crowd interaction for this version of Roman Reigns and he could get a lot of cheers for once

Apollo going with the Ancestry storyline, talking about how great his Nigerian ancestors were

Now putting on a fake Nigerian accent, very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Apollo going with the Ancestry storyline, talking about how great his Nigerian ancestors were

Now putting on a fake Nigerian accent, very strange

Total reboot for Apollo

The accent was fine as he finished the promo and said I’ll say this warning in the same way my grand father would. So it wasn’t ment to be natural

jesus there really dragging Bianca's decision out

That was a mammoth cesaro swing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Dunno if it's just me but Smackdown is leagues ahead of Raw in recent weeks (neither are brilliant mind). Two hours is just the perfect length for a show, I know it's seemingly the networks that want a three hour Raw but like the 7/8 hour WrestleManias a few years back, for me Raw is far too taxing and tedious to get through, way too much filler whereas Smackdown's matches and segments (at least this week) all furthered something, bar possibly Otis and the Mysterios replaying last week.

On the show itself I thought the Bianca/Sasha segment was awkward as fook, Sasha is dying to be a heel again she is an awful face. Reginald probably the best part about it which isn't great given it's going to be the main women's feud for Mania. There's something expressly irritating about Bianca swinging her hair constantly, and playing with it all the time - it distracts from the promos anyways.

In contrast I enjoyed the Cesaro/Rollins stuff, it feels fresh and the swing with Rollins screaming was pretty funny. Corbin pushing Sami's camera man down was also mildly amusing.

Another thing I've noticed in both the Crews stuff last week and the opening segment this week, apparently if someone is thrown across the barricade they enter a black abyss which they cannot return from during the segment, Nakamura last week and Bryan this week.

Jey Uso is actually a decent heel, I'm not sure if it's him or the fake gangster nonsense I hate more.

To no one's surprise, Bianca chooses Sasha.
    And while Edge spears Reigns to declare his intentions, we have Sasha and Bianca side by side in the ring all smiles, bouncing about after she makes her decision.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    To no one's surprise, Bianca chooses Sasha.
    And while Edge spears Reigns to declare his intentions, we have Sasha and Bianca side by side in the ring all smiles, bouncing about after she makes her decision.
    I get a weird vibe off the Sasha and Bianca angle. It's like they don't know how to build a compelling feud. Instead they're just standing there each doing their schtick.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I get a weird vibe off the Sasha and Bianca angle. It's like they don't know how to build a compelling feud. Instead they're just standing there each doing their schtick.

Both faces, innit. They have to stand there and be all respectful of each other in usual WWE style. Sooner they flip the switch on Sasha the better, she's never been that good of a face imo

Asuka should have came out destroyed both, triple match at WM for both titles

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Asuka should have came out destroyed both, triple match at WM for both titles

Kind of relieved Asuka won't be the one possibly jobbing. Whatever they do with her at Mania I hope it's her that's being done a solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Jobbing to Charlotte potentially

You got to feel for Asuka she is treated bad when she is champion, I assume maybe Rhea, Shayna and Nia could be with Charlotte in the Raw title hunt

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    You got to feel for Asuka she is treated bad when she is champion, I assume maybe Rhea, Shayna and Nia could be with Charlotte in the Raw title hunt

A multi woman match would sound about right for how they treat Asuka.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,859 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Surprised Edge didn't come to Bryan's rescue, maybe a triple threat for the title at Mania is in the works. I'd like to see Rollins put over Cesaro at Mania as well

paulie21 wrote: »
    Surprised Edge didn't come to Bryan's rescue, maybe a triple threat for the title at Mania is in the works. I'd like to see Rollins put over Cesaro at Mania as well

Edge is a bollox though, the ultimate opportunist. I liked how he didn't come to Bryan's aid because it's in line with what we know about him.

Safe to say Asuka is losing the title unless they suddenly find something to do with her. I would be very surprised if she keeps it. If she doesn't lose at Mania it'll be the night after

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Safe to say Asuka is losing the title unless they suddenly find something to do with her. I would be very surprised if she keeps it. If she doesn't lose at Mania it'll be the night after

Asuka to drop the title to Charlotte only for Rhea to debut and beat Charlotte a few days/weeks later to get her revenge from last years WM:pac:

Rhea dominates Asuka. I can see something retarded like that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Charlotte vs Rhea va Asuka at mania billed as both women trying to get revenge on Charlotte for their Mania matches... Charlotte wins.

Yay WWE :pac:

Advertisement