Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

So it looks like for now the Chamber winner on Smackdown has to face Reigns the same night. That's nonsense.
    Owens is also in the Chamber for some reason and WWE have forgotten about Nakamura again who has been thrown into the IC feud. Why put Sami in the Chamber when he has been rampantly after the IC title, would make more sense to swap Sami and Nak.

Dominik nearly wrecked himself on that suicide dive. Hope that Bianca/Banks segment wasn't a tease about them going for tag titles too. Rollins is back same old schtick but he has his theme back at least.

This was a stepdown, Smackdown has been pretty good lately this was not great. Also is Rhea Ripley just another victim of "Creative has no plans for you right now"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

After Nakamura not getting a Chamber shot, I was sure they were taking Cesaro out as well with the Rollins attack. Expected Owens and Jey to be in there, but why Corbin and Sami?
    I guess the same night shot thing is to keep Roman free for Mania.

So no women's chamber?
    Looks like they're going to milk that Nia thing, as expected.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I thought it started well with the opening segment but quickly went downhill, and pretty fast. Agreed on Sami and Corbin in the chamber, seems a bit bizarre but I guess they want the 'three heels, three faces' jaunt as usual. Rollins taking out Cesaro prior to the match could be a possibility, but yeah I don't think they want him up against Reigns if Edge is the plan for Mania.

KO probably wins and gives us another rematch nobody wanted :P

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I guess the same night shot thing is to keep Roman free for Mania.
    Why not a shot at Fastlane then? I think they're doing it just so Roman can beat someone and that person will have an excuse of not having been 100 percent but even still it's just dumb.

Fastlane will be the rematch so they don't have it at Mania.
    Because you know no one gets more than 2 shots at the title in a row. :pac:

• Advertisement

I did genuinely think of that and thought it would be a terrible idea, so you're probably right, they'll do that :pac:
    Jesus, they'll hardly let Owens win the Chamber will they. That being said whoever wins is going to get squashed I'd imagine so guess it doesn't matter. They really messed up the chamber with this same night business.

I did like the comment about not having Reigns led to it being the lowest attended Mania in history

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ThePott wrote: »
    I did genuinely think of that and thought it would be a terrible idea, so you're probably right, they'll do that :pac:
    Jesus, they'll hardly let Owens win the Chamber will they. That being said whoever wins is going to get squashed I'd imagine so guess it doesn't matter. They really messed up the chamber with this same night business.

It 100% won't happen but just for a moment let yourself imagine that say Cesaro wins the chamber and then beats Roman Reigns in the same night!

Now that'd be some star making performance.

It 100% won't happen but just for a moment let yourself imagine that say Cesaro wins the chamber and then beats Roman Reigns in the same night!

I had that exact thought, could you imagine :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Leather suit, leather shirt, leather tie. What are you at, Rollins?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Cotts72

It's about time WWE gave cesaro a proper run, such an under utilised talent!

Well with all 6 competitors named for both chambers, which show will have the 6 man tag next week and which will have the beat the clock or gauntlet match to determine the last entrant?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,171 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cotts72 wrote: »
    It's about time WWE gave cesaro a proper run, such an under utilised talent!

He could have a good feud with Rollins, putting him over ultimately

I'm guessing Edge will confront Reigns at EC or Fastlane

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Heyman is a dose to listen to on Talking Smack.

Blathering on giving people pep talks and monologues while they just sit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

J. Marston wrote: »
    Leather suit, leather shirt, leather tie. What are you at, Rollins?

Being a heel?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I reckon Owens or Jey wins. It's pretty unlikely Corbin or Zayn win I think and I reckon Bryan and Cesaro are Rollins Fastlane and WM matches (Cesaro at Fastlane and Bryan at WM).

It really all depends on how they book it.

A strong performance by anyone in the Chamber can elevate them instantly, though it will lack without a live crowd.

Cesaro would be a good choice. IMO. Zayn and Corbin are out and out heels and Uso hanst been focused at all lately. Cesaro yas been booked surprisingly strong lately and if he wad to enter last, pin everyone in hot fashion then lose to Reigns it could really elevate him.

Cesaro v Reigns is the match I didnt know I wanted.

God help me though, it will be Owens and I will not give a ****

• Registered Users Posts: 37,826 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I hope to never see Rey vs Seth Rollins again, Cesaro vs Rollins could be good

Reigns is a cheeky bastard and will obv retain the title at the EC. Looking like it will be Kevin Owens who wins it and untimely losing to Reigns

I dont wanna see Rollins v Rey but the feud just ended anything they achieved with Buddy Murphy.

They just dropped the horrible angle with Reys daughter, which is welcome but they just forgot about Murphy completely.

And thats why the dont make stars.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well with all 6 competitors named for both chambers, which show will have the 6 man tag next week and which will have the beat the clock or gauntlet match to determine the last entrant?
    WWE recently announced that this Monday's episode of RAW, which is the go-home episode of next Sunday night's WWE Elimination Chamber PPV, will feature a massive Gauntlet Match with Randy Orton, Sheamus, The Miz, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles and WWE Champion Drew McIntyre, the winner of which will get the right to enter the WWE Championship Elimination Chamber Match as the final entrant. The Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE Title will feature these 6 participants doing battle for Drew McIntyre’s WWE Title.

It WWE’s booking that predictable.... yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

J. Marston wrote: »
    Heyman is a dose to listen to on Talking Smack.

Blathering on giving people pep talks and monologues while they just sit there.

I’m bored of the Heyman character now. Stale as stale can be. Also talking smack was far better when Sami was co host

The bonus mention is a low blow. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It was recently announced that this Friday night's episode of SmackDown, which is the go-home show to Sunday's WWE Elimination Chamber PPV, will feature a huge Six-Man Tag Team Match pitting Kevin Owens, Daniel Bryan and Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn, King Corbin and Jey Uso.

This Sunday's Elimination Chamber PPV will then see these 6 Superstars face off against each other in an Elimination Chamber Match for the blue brand, where the winner will get to challenge WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns later that same night with Reigns' WWE Universal Title on the line.

WWE booking you can set your watch by it.

And for my next prediction...

Of course I won't be able to sleep now until I see it since I'll be wondering how they'll be able to coexist.

And for my next prediction...

Of course I won't be able to sleep now until I see it since I'll be wondering how they'll be able to coexist.

'Partners tonight but on sunday its every man from himself'

"something somethings will be watching very closely something something"

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Edge will prob say

'So i'm still keeping my options open and will be watching the elimination chamber closely this sunday'

• Advertisement

"something somethings will be watching very closely something something"

It’s Rated R time Corey

Advertisement