Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

zell12 wrote: »
    superspreader.png?fit=1200%2C1000&ssl=1:D

Knew I'd forgot something,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,butter. ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,732 ✭✭✭✭zell12

App offers 25/02
    kitchen towels, washing detergent, ice lollies mini-mix, merlot wine
    goshi veg snacks, eggs, bread, lucozade, pork loin roast, granola mix

25/02
    Hl1iYyh.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

25/02
    Hl1iYyh.png

That's a fine week for the FortuneChip household.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Anyone know what the wine and pork are like? Worth a punt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

pc7 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the wine and pork are like? Worth a punt?

The Chilean merlot is v nice.
    Probably not an issue but it has the plastic cork so not one to leave lying around too long.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

25/02
    Hl1iYyh.png

Could you please post higher resolution version next time? I had to really zoom in to see the details :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

odyssey06 wrote: »
    The Chilean merlot is v nice.
    Probably not an issue but it has the plastic cork so not one to leave lying around too long.

Not a problem jn my house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cheekypup

How come there is €2 off the wine, i thought alcohol was now exempt from vouchers and promotions such as this.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

cheekypup wrote: »
    How come there is €2 off the wine, i thought alcohol was now exempt from vouchers and promotions such as this.

Please don’t rat them out! ;)

• Advertisement

The app is free. They cant give you a discount on alcohol for purchasing another product.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    The app is free. They cant give you a discount on alcohol for purchasing another product.

I used to get vouchers in the post from tesco that were free, I used them sometimes to buy only alcohol without purchasing another product, but I cant any more.

I used to get vouchers in the post from tesco that were free, I used them sometimes to buy only alcohol without purchasing another product, but I cant any more.

That wasnt a voucher for a particular item... you had to spend X for the voucher to be valid.
    Lidl cant include a voucher for spend X on wine or buy 6 bottles get 25 percent off.
    They can include a voucher for discount on purchase of the specified item only.

Now i understand. The last thing I wanted to do was clog up the thread with the new laws regarding alcohol purchases, thanks for resolving that quick and concisely.

50c off next coupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

pc7 wrote: »
    Wow never heard of that An Post scheme, looks great, I do most of our shopping in Lidl

Be aware it looks like it is coming to an end in April according to an email this poster got from An Post
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116377904&postcount=103

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Yeah bit of a sickener.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Baggly wrote: »
    Yeah bit of a sickener.

Wonder was the offer a bit too generous and starting to become loss making? 5% back on all purchases over 25 euro would save the average family a few hundred a year ! I was going to sign up to An post when i saw that Lidl offer myself also.

Id say for both An Post and Lidl (and maybe the other retailers involved) it was a tool to try attract new customers, and it ran its course (i.e. it reached the end of its life and/or attracted them the customers they wanted). Ulster Bank used to do a similar scheme. It makes sense as a way to get people on board, but its a promotional tool, so was always going to run its course, imo.

It was very very advantageous - Lidl is cheap enough as it is, but to be getting another 5% on your weekly shop is excellent, and then for the last 9 months or so, we have been getting freebies on Lidl Plus too.

Im sad to see it go but sure what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Be aware it looks like it is coming to an end in April according to an email this poster got from An Post
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116377904&postcount=103

Does it only affect the credit card? It seems to be still advertised as a feature on their current account https://www.anpost.com/Money/Current-Account/Earn-Moneyback I know there is a €5 a month charge for that service but it you offset the €30 stamp duty charge on a credit card there isn't a huge difference, assuming you are a regular lidl shopper to take advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭r0chf0rt

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    Does it only affect the credit card? It seems to be still advertised as a feature on their current account https://www.anpost.com/Money/Current-Account/Earn-Moneyback

Should have read my own link :o

"Please note, we have decided to end our MoneyBack programme. You will continue to earn MoneyBack when you make a qualifying purchase with our retail partners until the programme ends on 30th April 2021. The final MoneyBack payments will be made at the end of May. For further information, please click here."

Ah well it was good while it lasted. I can see a lot of cancelled anpost credit / current accounts in May.

Yeah it is closing for both - its in the FAQs at the bottom of that page.

Toasting Waffles or Mini Muffins (again) next on the scratch card.

Next scratch and win coupon is cream cleaner or sugar free drops.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    scratch card reveals are putting me off going to lidl
    We have a disappointed customer in aisle 3, get the staff hugger out!

Next scratch and win is €1 off next shop.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I got a €5 off €25 spend offer via the app. Hard to spend €25 when alcohol isn't included!

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I got a €5 off €25 spend offer via the app. ..
    Why? How often do you shop there? Roughly when did you sign up?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Why? How often do you shop there? Roughly when did you sign up?

I tend to shop there a couple of times a week. Not sure why they picked me! I have been using the app since it started.

Hopefully some others might get the offer, would be very useful for families. I just shop for myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I got a €5 off €25 spend offer via the app. Hard to spend €25 when alcohol isn't included!

Maybe you could use it to buy something in the (MIDL) middle aisle

Advertisement