Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

valc wrote: »
    Exact same thing happened to me on Sat afternoon. Bought the strawberries in Terenure branch. Had definitely activated it, and scanned the app and my 50c off scratch card was applied.

I think it was applicable only for the 400g strawberries or 120g blueberries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Hi caller
    Instead of moaning here to lifeline, get in the app and tell Lidl customer services who will then investigate and give you a fiver off your next shop

Take care now caller

Joe

51551 Washyerhands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

There's a girl who works in arklow and a couple of times she saved us asking "did you want to use a voucher on these biscuits? Try scanning again and make sure it's activated" I think it deserves a mention as she has noticed it happening twice now!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭newincity

same happened to me.
    Strawberries 400gm are priced @ 3.39 (or 3.29) and in the app it shows 3.99 for offer to be applied.
    hence my guess is the reason why offer didnt got applied on it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭go4it

dvmSD8u
    i was surprised about the cheaper price also
    @offtopic : got the green-yellowish strawberries , but forgot to put in the fridge; 24h later mold was on it , could rescue only 1 good strawberry

https://imgur.com/a/dvmSD8u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 GipsyMoth

go4it wrote: »
    dvmSD8u
    i was surprised about the cheaper price also
    @offtopic : got the green-yellowish strawberries , but forgot to put in the fridge; 24h later mold was on it , could rescue only 1 good strawberry

https://imgur.com/a/dvmSD8u

Mine molded too my fault for buying them out of season

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

GipsyMoth wrote: »

What is out of season? Many imported fruits are out of season too here.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

GipsyMoth wrote: »

Yeah could not believe it, looked fine buying, opened next morning and in bits

• Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Mine didn't last long enough to go mouldy.
    Kids demolished them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Ya the Strawberries were cat.
    3-4 mouldy after a day.

Handy trick is after buying, slice them up and put them in an air tight box.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

OmegaGene wrote: »
    This has gone from a bargain thread to a strawberry bashing food thread

Not really, we are discussing one of the items that was on offer on the lidl app. There’s often been posts about other items saying of good/bad etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

I soak the strawberries in a light vinegar:water solution ( 1:10) for 5minutes and rinse as soon as I get home. Never had issues with mould

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Silly question but just curious, how does the app get your receipt? I notice even if you scan it at the start it will have all your items recorded so Im guessing your purchases are sent to a cloud based server and then to your phone app when you connect to wifi again?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭tx_tx

Silly question but just curious, how does the app get your receipt? I notice even if you scan it at the start it will have all your items recorded so Im guessing your purchases are sent to a cloud based server and then to your phone app when you connect to wifi again?

The till sends your receipt to the cloud, and links it to your account using your app's barcode. Then your app downloads it from the cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

tx_tx wrote: »
    The till sends your receipt to the cloud, and links it to your account using your app's barcode. Then your app downloads it from the cloud.

Cheers, must be a goldmine of data for Lidl to see all the spending habits collated. Amazing the tech these days

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭tx_tx

Cheers, must be a goldmine of data for Lidl to see all the spending habits collated. Amazing the tech these days

Yes, but that's really what every loyalty card scheme have been doing for decades.

What's new with Lidl's app isn't the data analysis, it's only that your account barcode is shown on your phone rather than printed on a plastic card, and that your app gets that digital receipt, and the coupons are digital rather than a paper booklet.

pc7 wrote: »
    Yeah could not believe it, looked fine buying, opened next morning and in bits

that's the problem with any fruit or veg in Lidl - no date guide (deliberately) on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

glasso wrote: »
    that's the problem with any fruit or veg in Lidl - no date guide (deliberately) on anything.

There's no best before dates but I think it's the packing date that's on it. 0503 is the fifth day of the third week or the third day of the fifth week of the year. Can't remember which way it is. I always find the furthest one away.

There's no best before dates but I think it's the packing date that's on it. 0503 is the fifth day of the third week or the third day of the fifth week of the year. Can't remember which way it is. I always find the furthest one away.

wouldn't the furthest one away be the oldest?

you mean the most recent one (most recent packing date)?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

Ye you're right. I meant furthest away from the start of the year but the most recent makes more sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It's nothing Tesco haven't been doing for decades tbh. Dunnhumby is a global customer data science company helping retailers... it was founded in 1989 and it's parent company is... Tesco.

They've been selling pet insurance to people buying dog food before the idea of a smartphone was ever imagined.

The only surprise is that it has taken the German retailers so long to enter the "loyalty" game.

Thanks for taking all the free black currant jam or chocolate butter biscuits in Limerick so I left empty handed but my voucher valid for a week I’ll be back again soon lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Out of interest what's the midweek offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,732 ✭✭✭✭zell12

18/02
    eeULlyE.png

Ye you're right. I meant furthest away from the start of the year but the most recent makes more sense.

in fairness - your original way of phrasing it probably does make most sense, in that sense - looking for the highest week number (+day number after that if week number the same)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Thanks for taking all the free black currant jam or chocolate butter biscuits in Limerick so I left empty handed but my voucher valid for a week I’ll be back again soon lol

It’s actually a miracle if I end up picking up the free treat..

fin12 wrote: »
    It’s actually a miracle if I end up picking up the free treat..

Don’t go to Lidl Ennis road try the other two lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Don’t go to Lidl Ennis road try the other two lol

I’m in Cork but the same happens here.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭irelandhouse

It's the fifth if march

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

KOR101 wrote: »
    I've been following this one. €6.50 for toothpaste had to be some sort of scam.

So, 50% off now.........Lidl your customers are not fools.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112728574&postcount=1770

Tesco, Dunnes, Supervalu et al do this all the time. Mam noticed it years ago - price gets jacked up two or three weeks before it's 'reduced' or 'special offered'. In particular, Vaseline handcream 400ml is always €4 in Homesaver, yet the supermarkets (in cartel fashion) have it at €8 'down to' €4

It is what it's.

Advertisement