Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I’ve no problem getting the free items in my local Lidl, got the biscuits last night

I’ve noticed now the scratch cards are stacking on the app, I had two to use last night and they both went through
    I’m sure previously if I had a voucher from a scratch card unused another one wouldn’t be issued

Have the scratch cards a use them or lose them date?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,989 ✭✭✭✭zell12

vicwatson wrote: »
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

Yes they do

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

7 days from scratching.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

Choices choices ðŸ˜

DO I get for the dog or the cats 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Dog food or anchovies on the scratcher.

So neither then....

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Anchovies 100%
    Great with a steak and some butter

Baggly wrote: »
    Dog food or anchovies on the scratcher.

So neither then....

Could you get it and hold onto it for animal rescue places as they usually do collections at different stages, or at my vet an animal charity volunteer comes every week or so to collect stuff, my dog was put on special dog food and I had full unopened bag and a just opened bag of supermarket dog food and I left it there, great that it was put to use

florawest wrote:
    Could you get it and hold onto it for animal rescue places as they usually do collections at different stages, or at my vet an animal charity volunteer comes every week or so to collect stuff, my dog was put on special dog food and I had full unopened bag and a just opened bag of supermarket dog food and I left it there, great that it was put to use

That's a good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭tx_tx

I’ve noticed now the scratch cards are stacking on the app, I had two to use last night and they both went through
    I’m sure previously if I had a voucher from a scratch card unused another one wouldn’t be issued

I'm sure that's not new, I remember noticing 2 scratchers in my app and thinking it was a bug, but it was just that I had forgotten the last one.

• Advertisement

Yeah where u have had two I've been able to use two. Not a new thing I think.

I did it again today with some free biscuits from the weekend and a 1 euro off from Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Was hoping I wouldn't get the dog food or anchovies as I don't eat either. I lucked out and got the euro off.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

oneweb wrote: »
    Tesco, Dunnes, Supervalu et al do this all the time. Mam noticed it years ago - price gets jacked up two or three weeks before it's 'reduced' or 'special offered'. In particular, Vaseline handcream 400ml is always €4 in Homesaver, yet the supermarkets (in cartel fashion) have it at €8 'down to' €4

Whereabouts is Homesaver? If its the white Vaseline cream you're talking about, i predominantly use this as my moisturiser & i can guarantee you that this is c. €8 the majority of the time in the supermarkets for the 400ml bottle, so they definitely arent only putting it up before reducing it. Not saying it doesnt happen, but you could pick a better example

Back on topic, Lidl are really bad at predicting the demand for the plus offers, as well as the super savers - couldnt get strawberries at the weekend and took 3 trips to get 1 pack of the Duck breasts. You dont need to be a genius to figure out those 2 items are going to be partculary popular Valentines weekend & pancake tuesday :rolleyes:

Isn’t that what Lidl want when you think about it
    3 trips to get an item and chances are you buy something else
    Genius marketing at work by Lidl rather than being really bad at stocking the shop

I was in twice and no blueberries or strawberries, yes chances are I always pick up an item or two but usually something we need like milk or bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭lucalux

Whereabouts is Homesaver? If its the white Vaseline cream you're talking about, i predominantly use this as my moisturiser & i can guarantee you that this is c. €8 the majority of the time in the supermarkets for the 400ml bottle, so they definitely arent only putting it up before reducing it. Not saying it doesnt happen, but you could pick a better example

Back on topic, Lidl are really bad at predicting the demand for the plus offers, as well as the super savers - couldnt get strawberries at the weekend and took 3 trips to get 1 pack of the Duck breasts. You dont need to be a genius to figure out those 2 items are going to be partculary popular Valentines weekend & pancake tuesday :rolleyes:

OT but Homesaver/Supersavers always have the white Vaseline lotion for €3.99. There's a good few of those shops around the midlands and west but not sure if they're nationwide. The EuroGiant often have them for €4 also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Has anyone else downloaded the app via Google Play and found that it had defaulted to GB outlets only so couldn't select a local Irish outlet ?

I'm using an Android tablet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

Has anyone else downloaded the app via Google Play and found that it had defaulted to GB outlets only so couldn't select a local Irish outlet ?

No mine defaults to my local store.

are you using a VPN set to the UK ,possibly that could be the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭newincity

try to check country setting also. Once you download app, 1st it will ask country. maybe by mistake you picked UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭newincity

50c in scratch card today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭BowWow

newincity wrote: »
    maybe by mistake you picked UK.

Actually I was looking at Lady's Gaelic Football details in the app today and the app just closed and re-opened in the .co.uk site :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

BowWow wrote: »
    Actually I was looking at Lady's Gaelic Football details in the app today and the app just closed and re-opened in the .co.uk site :eek:

That happened to me as well. I just closed the app and opened it again and it was back on the Irish one.

Toasting waffles or Mini muffins on scratchcard

Finally managed to register correctly (new phone was more cooperative than old tablet).

Does the An Post Moneyback scheme also apply to Lidl Plus purchases ???

Finally managed to register correctly (new phone was more cooperative than old tablet).

Does the An Post Moneyback scheme also apply to Lidl Plus purchases ???

You get moneyback on receipt totals; they dont look at each item on the receipt to determine your discount, just the total; so yep as long as you pay for something, it counts towards your moneyback (above €25 of course).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Wow never heard of that An Post scheme, looks great, I do most of our shopping in Lidl

pc7 wrote: »
    Wow never heard of that An Post scheme, looks great, I do most of our shopping in Lidl

It's a feature of the An Post Current Account, 5% back on Lidl purchases and various other percentage moneybacks on purchases in a handful of other outlets.

Yeah i got the An Post credit card since we were doing our shopping there anyway. Basically an additional 5% discount across everything if you use it right.

In the past year ive gotten about €300 back. Was good during last summer and that when we invested in some big purchases during the lockdown - hoovers, garden stuff; that sort of thing.

This week's scratchcards:
    50c off
    Toasting waffles or Mini muffins
    Organic sweetcorn tin or Bubbly chocolate 100g

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

4 times in Lidl today and each time I used the App, the 2 scratch and win vouchers never disappeared despite my efforts to use them up :rolleyes:.
    The last time that happened, they eventually went off my app the following day.

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote: »
    4 times in Lidl today and each time I used the App, the 2 scratch and win vouchers never disappeared despite my efforts to use them up :rolleyes:.
    The last time that happened, they eventually went off my app the following day.
    superspreader.png?fit=1200%2C1000&ssl=1:D

Advertisement