Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February Paint Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

Look at it sideways.

Hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I have to say that I really admired the fact that Cee-jay's response to me sending that description contained absolutely no swearing whatsoever. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    I have to say that I really admired the fact that Cee-jay's response to me sending that description contained absolutely no swearing whatsoever. :pac:

I was too busy swearing at both of you in my back room for werewolf :D

Homer J. Fong added a touch of elegance to the proceedings by providing this description:

Stoned Scooby on blue cloud, Imagines world of toxic waste

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Here, where'd the cow/bull go???

I've only just missed him! (or her)

His work was done in Reb's picture!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Here, where'd the cow/bull go???

I've only just missed him! (or her)

Got progressively smaller until omitted after Reberatta's heaven sent masterpiece :)

aaronjennings proved more than capable (more on that momentarily) of providing a fabulous rendering of Homer's clearly very accurate description and created this:

V672Jo7.jpg

I was genuinely surprised at how often two painters close together produced such similar drawings.

aaronjennings proved more than capable (more on that momentarily) of providing a fabulous rendering of Homer's clearly very accurate description and created this:

WOW. That's amazing!

Wow! That's amazing AJ!!! And now I see two things from mine!

• Advertisement

aaron also pointed out that this (bizarrely) was not the first time that I had asked him to draw Scooby Doo in a game of paint!

While we might not have any suicidal parachutists (so far), for those who are interested we do have this:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113346134&postcount=67

I was genuinely surprised at how often two painters close together produced such similar drawings.

Yeah those two are so similar! The placement and everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Wow how do you draw so well on a computer! Amazing :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wow! That's amazing AJ!!! And now I see two things from mine!

I see three :D:D

Homer J. Fong added a touch of elegance to the proceedings by providing this description:

Stoned Scooby on blue cloud, Imagines world of toxic waste

Nothing says 'elegance' like toxic waste! :pac:

But seriously, I was proud out of myself for how poetic that description sounds when read aloud - Heaney himself would've admired that metre/rhythm (if not necessarily the content!)

giphy.gif

Bravo aaron.

Nothing says 'elegance' like toxic waste! :pac:

But seriously, I was proud out of myself for how poetic that description sounds when read aloud - Heaney himself would've admired that metre/rhythm (if not necessarily the content!)

giphy.gif

Bravo aaron.

Shaggy and yer man in the middle there have obviously never clapped before.

Ted of YNWA fame, responded thoughtfully, some might even say aquatically to aaron's artwork:

A disconsolate Scooby dreams of a nuclear wasteland. Fungi skedaddles.

And I believe the sound you guys are hearing is the penny dropping for our final few participants :D

And I believe the sound you guys are hearing is the penny dropping for our final few participants :D

:D yup!

Edit: well mostly!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Finally I see where Scooby appears from.

• Advertisement

Broke: Fungi died.

Woke: Fungi has moved on to a better place.

Bespoke: Fungi skedaddled.

Aceandstuff, who was good enough to swap out with Sulli in the rotation, positively leapt at the chance to draw Ted's description:

Aceandstuff.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm up next :D:D

Wow!!!

There are a quite a few talented artists round these parts! Another masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

These paintings are on another level , seriously talented posters in here !

That smiley face on the building in front of the power plant chimney is the creepiest and most sinister thing anyone has drawn or described thus far.

Now I'm not going to say that Sephiroth_dude had a political agenda but their description veered into new territory. Literally. As Seph went with:

Cork rebels Kidnap Fungi, Cork dictator scobbydoo bombs dissident dingle

There's so much detail in that pic!

• Advertisement

Now I'm not going to say that Sephiroth_dude had a political agenda but their description veered into new territory. Literally. As Seph went with:

Cork rebels Kidnap Fungi, Cork dictator scobbydoo bombs dissident dingle

Ooooooooooh, now I see!!!

Advertisement