Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February Paint Reveal Thread

Options
12345679»

Comments

ari101 wrote: »
    Or google street view? ;)

Instagram pics! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Thanks Ecto, that was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,882 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Thanks, Ecto, for running this - a first one for a few of us, and I'll def be back for more!

I suspect the most fun is to be had as the runner, watching this thing take on a life of its own - maybe some day.......

Thanks Ecto! Great craic as always. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,049 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Thank you Ecto for organising this- A1.

I think we might have an arsonist or two amongst us though, lads :(

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Fantastic job everyone, talent everywhere, so much fun.

I might be brave enough to have a go one day.

SlowBlowin wrote: »

Do it!! Do it!! Do it!!

Start with describing and work up to painting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Instagram pics! :pac:

I think I just showed my age there ;) I'd never think of IG for that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

SlowBlowin wrote: »

You definitely should.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Excellent Descriptions and Drawings. Well done everyone.

Cheers for running Ecto, was a great one for my first one!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Genuine thanks to all who participated. Some amazing artwork and genius descriptions in there. Will run another one soon enough, so do sign up.

In the meantime, I will be more than happy to lower the standards of painting should anyone else be running one soon too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

Outstanding work by all! Mad to see the little nuggets of brilliance/utter madness brought forth from both describers and painters.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/NXnP62mtQUQIrVlFpc/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47i01esxit6vrmvtbckaktaej84h0iqyh30b8ew8ez&rid=giphy.gif

Well done everyone on their wonderful paintings and descriptions,

Many thanks to Ecto for hosting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,135 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thanks Ectoplasm, and thanks all for the lovely atmosphere and laughs in here, good fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Great game Ecto.

Some fantastic painters here. I had thought I joining that side before this game., but no chance going by the quality.

Just after catching up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Grazie Ecto, credit to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I missed the reveal again, just caught up on everything now. Some amazing art, I loved ari's picture, and the return of a random dingus to MSPaint from Taiga!

...When's the next one?

What I found interesting, aside from the Rembrandt like art pieces, is that some of us call them ladybirds and others say ladybugs.

What I found interesting, aside from the Rembrandt like art pieces, is that some of us call them ladybirds and others say ladybugs.

It was always "ladybird" for me growing up. "Ladybug" sounds very American to me.

Although the Irish word is better than either; Bóín Dé - God's Little Cow. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭EEFGGFEDCCDEED

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Now I'm not going to say that Sephiroth_dude had a political agenda but their description veered into new territory. Literally. As Seph went with:

Cork rebels Kidnap Fungi, Cork dictator scobbydoo bombs dissident dingle
    Our final describer of the night is EEFGGFEDCCDEED and I think we can all agree that they did justice to Neowise's artistry with:

Burning of Dingle by Scooby-Doo, Cork hurlers rescue preeminent resident

Political agenda defeated. The gallant Cork hurlers rescuing the injured Fungi were the real heroes of this piece ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Only fully caught up now, fantastic job everyone, and thanks for the game, Ecto :)

Brilliant as well to see more and more hand-drawn pictures, I've been tempted to do something similar for a while, but tbh the limits of MS Paint are more in-line with the limits of my abilities :P

It was always "ladybird" for me growing up. "Ladybug" sounds very American to me.

Although the Irish word is better than either; Bóín Dé - God's Little Cow. :pac:

I wonder was the original painting a nod to the Irish name with the ladybirds on the bull's back..
    I'm probably over thinking it!

I wonder was the original painting a nod to the Irish name with the ladybirds on the bull's back..
    I'm probably over thinking it!

Funnily enough there are other languages, totally unrelated to Irish, with a similar name for them.

Ladybirds are also "God's cow" in Russian, while they're "Moses's Cow" in Hebrew. And although not the official French word, they're also a "cow of God" in old-fashioned/colloquial French.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-ladybugs-ladybirds-called-Gods-cows-in-some-languages-such-as-Russian-French-Hebrew-etc

In German they're "Mary's Beetle", keeping up the religious connection. And in Portuguese they're "little Joanne", for some reason!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Trigger wrote: »
    I like to revert back to my previous post in the sign up thread.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FÙCK!

Looking back on all the pictures now, I thi I this reaction was actually subdued. Trigger, I have to say, your description to me, even though I was WTF, was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Trigger wanted to be sure that I included the quotation marks when I sent on his impressionistic description. So I did:

"Scooby dooby don't fart from heaven, earth will stink"

And just for clarity Trigs, I'm the good one, you're the nemesis. ;)

Just catching up now but

why is Scooby do in heaven :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

fixXxer wrote: »
    Just catching up now but

Because Video YouTube Killed the Radio Saturday Morning Cartoon Star...

...and All Dogs Go To Heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Just catching up now but

Because Reberetta specifically wrote Heaven on their picture :D

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Just catching up now but

Well, when we were sending him to a farm to live with his friends, we meant Jesus' farm. You just assumed it was in Mexico...

Advertisement