Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting Room - 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lozzy123

Has anyone heard anything from their sources? February 2021 and still no sign of movement on the horizon.

Nope. Absolutely nothing. Beyond depressing. Coming up on two years in the pipeline now. Still can’t understand how Army, Ambulance Service, Firebrigade etc all have kept recruiting and nothing on our front. My guess is the next Intake will be middle of the summer. One thing is for sure ... they certainly will
    Not be hitting their recruitment targets.

And before anyone reads this and starts moaning - yes I’m pissed off at the process and I’ve ever right to be annoyed. If your still making excuses for a process taking minimum over two years to hire you well then ..

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Skipduke

Lozzy123 wrote: »
    Nope. Absolutely nothing. Beyond depressing. Coming up on two years in the pipeline now. Still can’t understand how Army, Ambulance Service, Firebrigade etc all have kept recruiting and nothing on our front. My guess is the next Intake will be middle of the summer. One thing is for sure ... they certainly will
    Not be hitting their recruitment targets.

And before anyone reads this and starts moaning - yes I’m pissed off at the process and I’ve ever right to be annoyed. If your still making excuses for a process taking minimum over two years to hire you well then ..

trainee gardai getting like 175 euro a week, all working through the pandemic, shows the level of respect they get

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Won't be anyone getting emails any time soon thats for sure. Still hundreds from previous intakes waiting to finish initial training. They will be priority. Could be summer time at the earliest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

banjoh_10 wrote: »
    Won't be anyone getting emails any time soon thats for sure. Still hundreds from previous intakes waiting to finish initial training. They will be priority. Could be summer time at the earliest.

Delighted I never ticked the box to allow them to contact my place of work on the form B , imagine your bosses expecting you to leave any time soon, and then it ending up being 1-2 years later :D lol

St. Westy wrote: »
    Delighted I never ticked the box to allow them to contact my place of work on the form B , imagine your bosses expecting you to leave any time soon, and then it ending up being 1-2 years later :D lol

Absolutely. I dont mean to sound blunt or horrible, I'm in the same boat as everyone else that's waiting, but, expect to be waiting a lot longer. Getting new recruits in is not their priority in Level 5 of a pandemic. Especially when there are hundreds of student Gardai waiting to finish their initial recruit training.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Absolutely. I dont mean to sound blunt or horrible, I'm in the same boat as everyone else that's waiting, but, expect to be waiting a lot longer. Getting new recruits in is not their priority in Level 5 of a pandemic. Especially when there are hundreds of student Gardai waiting to finish their initial recruit training.

Will be another 18 months for alot of people , to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

Totally agree Banjoh. We are definitely not a priorty right now and we will probably have to wait until the vaccine has rolled out the the massess.

However, as applicants, I think we should be entitled to updates and what the plan is going forward. For example, I bought a pair of running shorts on Elverys last month and I received more updates and tracking progress in one month than I have with my AGS career application.

The communication side of it needs addressing for sure.

Who knows what superb candidates were lost just down to the sheer lack of information and feeling forced to move on with their lives.

I haven't even started the process yet, been waiting for a campaign since November 2019, so I have a hell of a road in front of me still.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 HillyMammoth

Skipduke wrote: »
    trainee gardai getting like 175 euro a week, all working through the pandemic, shows the level of respect they get

I was told that those who were brought out of Templemore for the pandemic went back there on full pay as a result of being attested and given full powers for the periods that they were sent to stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Skipduke

I was told that those who were brought out of Templemore for the pandemic went back there on full pay as a result of being attested and given full powers for the periods that they were sent to stations.

perhaps true, this article linked says there is a few still on the low salary..

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/garda-trainees-on-frontline-receiving-30-of-starting-salary-1.4463482

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

the 201 intake are on full pay and one half of the bunch of students is on full pay, the 202 group but the 203 intake have been treated grossly unfair by managment.

the 202 & 203 intake was supposed to be one full intake of 150 students but instead they split it up into two groups of 75 students with just 3 weeks between them to allow each intake get through templemore on their own but the 202s got attested last week and on full pay where as the 203s are being told it could be summer or autumn before they can return to complete their extra 3 weeks before they can be attested. bare in mind the 203 intake has completed its 32 weeks training since last friday but still remain students on the 164 euro a week.

They went out to stations for 12 weeks last july and are still there 31 weeks later with no powers, no training and no wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

With covid are people still hopeful of stuff happening this year?

AD07 wrote: »
    With covid are people still hopeful of stuff happening this year?

Don't hold your breath. Id say it could be easily this time next year. Also, public finances wouldn't be the healthiest during Level 5 pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

@rich_ccfc I just sent you a PM. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ifeelabreeze

I passed my interview over a year ago, I just got in touch with AGS about my vetting and I've been told it's still under review.
    What exactly are they looking for?
    I know it's been delayed because of covid, but I'm now just starting to wonder what the vetting actually consists of.

I've a feeling I'll be finishing out my degree before I even get a whiff of Templemore.

Any hope of movement in the next while? All stages complete since March 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

Any hope of movement in the next while? All stages complete since March 2020.

Templemore opening for trainees 22 March 2021. 18mth backlog with training. 450 to be recruited

CD2020! wrote: »
    Templemore opening for trainees 22 March 2021. 18mth backlog with training. 450 to be recruited

Is it safe to infer there is no new recruitment campaign for close to 18 months then do you think?

Or is the 450 additional to those waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Doyler8642

Great news, wonder is there many waiting to be called?

Doyler8642 wrote: »
    Great news, wonder is there many waiting to be called?

Between 600-700 by all accounts.

• Advertisement

Zux wrote: »
    Between 600-700 by all accounts.

Does anyone know if the "OOM" still a big factor after the interview process? As I heard there are people that are 800+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

Most of what you said is true , dono where you read 450 to be recruited tho :D

Doyler8642 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the "OOM" still a big factor after the interview process? As I heard there are people that are 800+

I know someone in the 950s so there is loads waiting

ussrsoviet wrote: »
    I know someone in the 950s so there is loads waiting

That's mad... Hopefully things start moving again, Good to hear a bit of positive news anyway

On that note, any idea / word on a new campaign?

On that note, any idea / word on a new campaign?

Personally , I can’t see a new campaign until September , when the vaccine is rolled out more , and especially with over 500 recruits waiting , there may be 900 plus waiting for fitness , but you will be sure a lot will fail the fitness and such as things , but that’s just my opinion

Personally , I can’t see a new campaign until September , when the vaccine is rolled out more , and especially with over 500 recruits waiting , there may be 900 plus waiting for fitness , but you will be sure a lot will fail the fitness and such as things , but that’s just my opinion

Yea fair enough honestly.

I'm 33 this year so slightly paniced I may not get the chance, but I'd be shocked if I dont see a campaign in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

Didn't read it. Drew Harris said it. 450 to be recruited which would be a nett increase of 150.

Yea fair enough honestly.

I'm 33 this year so slightly paniced I may not get the chance, but I'd be shocked if I dont see a campaign in time.

Plenty of time , don’t worry , your time will come

• Advertisement

Plenty of time , don’t worry , your time will come

Thanks man

Advertisement