Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭spakman

jj72 wrote: »
    Lads its not him, For a start its not on his page, secondly pause it when it shows his actual face - its not his and lastly the electrical plugs are the american style.

Give the lad a break, this time at least!

But is it his arse, that's the question!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭HBC08

The all star commitee are trolling us.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

seligehgit wrote: »
    2 All Stars

Oisín Mullin
    Cillian O Connor

Think Durcan and AOS should have got AS also. AOS had a great championship.
    Eoghan McLaughs hard done by also, was head and shoulders above everyone around him until the injury and the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

yop wrote: »
    Think Durcan and AOS should have got AS also. AOS had a great championship.
    Eoghan McLaughs hard done by also, was head and shoulders above everyone around him until the injury and the final.

Ah idk , was mighty against Galway , was very raw in croke park. These awards don't matter but I think they are a fair reflection of the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭muddle84

Durcan was in a final and didn't make an impact, regardless of the reasons i think that is fair enough he didn't get it.

Eoghan McLaughin had a great first year and i still think he deserves young player of the year ahead of Mullins and Conroy. If he had managed to nail on a few points to his championship i think he would have got both all star and young player of the year.

When is the player of the year and young player of the year going to be awarded?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

muddle84 wrote: »
    Durcan was in a final and didn't make an impact, regardless of the reasons i think that is fair enough he didn't get it.

Eoghan McLaughin had a great first year and i still think he deserves young player of the year ahead of Mullins and Conroy. If he had managed to nail on a few points to his championship i think he would have got both all star and young player of the year.

When is the player of the year and young player of the year going to be awarded?

He was injured and subbed off at HT
    The 3 Cavan lads made no impact when they rolled over in the semis
    Sweeney the same

Durkan , AOS and maybe Clarke were hard done by

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

km79 wrote: »
    He was injured and subbed off at HT
    The 3 Cavan lads made no impact when they rolled over in the semis
    Sweeney the same

Durkan , AOS and maybe Clarke were hard done by

Sweeney kicked 1-9 (1-1 from play) in a semi where his team were utterly hammered, shot the lights out in Munster and provided the moment of the championship. Are you maintaining he didn't deserve an All Star? For AOS?

Cavan didn't have the luxury of bypassing Dublin in the semis and had a tougher provincial campaign. "3 Cavan lads made no impact against Dublin". One of them was the goalkeeper who made multiple saves that day and another a midfielder who kicked a score and won loads of ball

Edit: https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1182574/

Just an 8/10 rating for Galligan in a game where his team is beaten by 15. "No impact". Kicked a free to win a championship game from 55 yards in the final seconds but doesn't deserve his all star over Clarke.

I think Durcan was very hard done by, especially as it was through injury. Anyone else is massively reaching

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Durcan was in a final and didn't make an impact, regardless of the reasons i think that is fair enough he didn't get it

He was brilliant in the first half before coming off injured. Kept Brendan Kilkenny quiet and scoreless! Deserved an All-Star.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Up to the final wasn't Paddy considered to in the running for POTY?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Up to the final wasn't Paddy considered to in the running for POTY?

I backed him at 20s after the Ros game and thought i was on a right one. He was 7s before the final, one of 4 realistics with KK Fenton and COC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

Paddy is possibly the best wing back in the country but I can see why he missed out on an all star. Didn't really shine in the semi-final and went off at half-time in the final.

Eoghan McLaughlin had a great first year but IMO the role he was given made it easy for him. He never had much defensive responsibility and always seemed to be put on the weakest forward. It's all hypothetical, but if Mullin was just used as an attacking half back he'd have made even more headlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Delighted for Mullin, he has been superb for you. Great to watch to. His marauding runs downfield would remind you of Kevin Moran in his pomp. As shoe in for YPOTY. Hopefully the rumours of lads from down under looking at him are off the mark. He'd be a huge loss to the GAA, not just to Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Delighted for Mullin, he has been superb for you. Great to watch to. His marauding runs downfield would remind you of Kevin Moran in his pomp. As shoe in for YPOTY. Hopefully the rumours of lads from down under looking at him are off the mark. He'd be a huge loss to the GAA, not just to Mayo.

Not a rumour, is a fact. Only for Covid he was meant to be over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Not a rumour, is a fact. Only for Covid he was meant to be over there.

I really hope he stays, he is so good to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

ArielAtom wrote: »
    I really hope he stays, he is so good to watch.

I think this year may have swung the balance back towards him staying
    He is great friends with Tommy Conroy as well which helps

km79 wrote: »
    I think this year may have swung the balance back towards him staying
    He is great friends with Tommy Conroy as well which helps

He's 21 this year so probably on the old side now for heading to Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

He is the real deal. The first player I've seen from Mayo in a long time (excluding Keegan in his prime) who would walk onto the Dublin team. To me he could become one of the all time greats if all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

What.Now wrote: »
    He is the real deal. The first player I've seen from Mayo in a long time (excluding Keegan in his prime) who would walk onto the Dublin team. To me he could become one of the all time greats if all goes well.

His brother is not half bad either. I think he got a call in last year for a trial but he is not as focused as Oisin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭PressRun

Do we think there'll be a re-positioning in order for Oisin Mullin for the new season? Maybe up to half back or even midfield?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Cartman78

PressRun wrote: »
    Do we think there'll be a re-positioning in order for Oisin Mullin for the new season? Maybe up to half back or even midfield?

As long as he's not re-positioned to Aussie Rules then I think we'll all be happy

Cartman78 wrote: »
    As long as he's not re-positioned to Aussie Rules then I think we'll all be happy

Haha, agreed. I am curious about what James Horan might try with him this year though.

What.Now wrote: »

Keegan in his prime is still the finest player to ever wear a Mayo jersey, imo. But even he has said that Mullin is a different gravy. I'm very curious to see what'll happen with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Cartman78 wrote: »

Ah hopefully he does, would be great to see a young Irish man excel in a professional sport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭muddle84

EICVD wrote: »
    Ah hopefully he does, would be great to see a young Irish man excel in a professional sport

There is plenty young Irish people excelling in said sport already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

There is plenty young Irish people excelling in said sport already!!

No harm in seeing another do well, I for one would be delighted to see him go

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Probably old news for most but Martin McIntyre has been appointed Breaffy manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭spakman

Fair enough wishing him well, but I'd hardly be delighted to see him go! You mustn't think much of him if you'd be delighted to see him leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭eastie17

Must be a Rossie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Blackjack

spakman wrote: »
    Fair enough wishing him well, but I'd hardly be delighted to see him go! You mustn't think much of him if you'd be delighted to see him leave.

you're not speaking to a Mayo fan (in any way shape or form) there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement