Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Did I miss the handbags? I thought it was Jim and Rigolo there for a sec - which I still think should be boards charity boxing match.

Aany way I digress - I think Alteryx has found its bottom, good support at 100 hoping to see a bounce back to 120/130 in the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Not very exciting after all that build up. GME sliding, down to 112 now from an opening of around 174.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Any reason why revolut keep denying my sell order on GME?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Bacchus wrote: »
    Not very exciting after all that build up.

I came here for stocks not to read my ex girlfriends comments thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Li Auto post beats analyst expectations with some decent figures yet opens 3% down :confused:

https://www.investors.com/news/li-auto-stock-li-auto-earnings-q4-2020/?src=A00220

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Not very exciting after all that build up. GME sliding, down to 112 now from an opening of around 174.

Last night it was storming past $200 and they halted it for over 10 mins until After Hours kicked in. AMC holding well enough but GME is getting battered in both directions and I'd imagine buy orders are limited across the board in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,045 ✭✭✭✭neris

Guess no ones going to the moon today then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Huge volume sell off when market opened. I'd say everyone who was holding their losses from round 1, was at the ready to sell off as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭circadian

All the halts driving it down, last time around that happened then it took off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

I’ve moved about 15% into cash. It’s burning a hole in my pocket, trying hard not to jump on a quick pump and dump meme stock.

I am moving to cash as there might be more red days ahead, and that is a buying opportunity for my conviction stocks (mostly geneomics)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Stablelad123

JeffKenna wrote: »
    What platform are you with if you don't mind me asking? You seem to be purchasing in after hours based on the transaction time, which is something I want to do.

Centerpoint securities. Great platform. I use them mainly for shorting as they have great locates but fees are expensive. If you don't really short then IB allows after hours trading. GL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Thankfully I didn't get Li Auto :D, but regret not getting BILI. been watching it from 80's :(

all of yesterdays gains wiped out .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

For fellow Argo investors

RNS re CEO share sales

Not sure what to make of it. Seems a very strange time to be offloading shares, if NASDAQ listing is only around the corner.

Financial results on 6th of March I believe, which should be very good with the current price of BTC.

Thoughts?

$EDSA - for the love of gawd. Blow already!!! Excruciating, waiting, waiting interminably waiting. So much good news... I know people have got burned before, but do they need to see the paint dry on the phase II results. Sigh. Waiting, Waiting... oh, wait... I said that already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Been away for a while due to personal issues, did anyone get on Gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

For fellow Argo investors

RNS re CEO share sales

Not sure what to make of it. Seems a very strange time to be offloading shares, if NASDAQ listing is only around the corner.

Financial results on 6th of March I believe, which should be very good with the current price of BTC.

Thoughts?
    Looks like they just exercised some options and took the profit rather than holding the shares. They all have loads of shares untouched anyway, might as well bank some profits.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Looks like they just exercised some options and took the profit rather than holding the shares. They all have loads of shares untouched anyway, might as well bank some profits.

Yep, Bitcoin seems to be settling into the 50k mark for a while, I'd say they're hedging it in the event of a drop soon.

Be keeping a close eye on MARA/RIOT. That's a slightly concerning move tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Theman343

Done a bit of research so decided to take gamble and invested in MICT. Check it out and let me know what yous think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

One of my favourite stocks Redfin is down about 20% since Monday ($97 to $77). Bought some more just now. Been on a great tear last year, results out last night and were great, loads of banks raised price targets. Strong recommendation to add to your portfolio for the year.

Here's what I wrote about it last year
    Redfin (RDFN) is a real estate company in US. They're relatively small, have been operating in a small number of states but recently launched more widespread. They have a slick software/app that allows people buy and sell houses. In the past they were just an aggregator site (not too dissimilar to MyHome or Daft), displaying houses from the likes of estate agents.

They've now branched out. While in the past they were just the medium by where people paid to advertise, they're now getting into buying and selling houses themselves. This opens them up to a whole new income stream. They're also going further than the normal estate agents, allowing a load of the house buying/selling journey to happen through their website using things like Docusign.

This ticks a lot of boxes for me, technology disrupting an old business model, has transformed it's business model (so is right that the market cap moves), is using technology to solve problems (so less impacted by Covid-world), is expanding to new markets/states, and is a technology that could easily be rolled out elsewhere.

Since IPO in 2017, share price went nowhere or 3 years ($20-$30 range), then with the changes mentioned above, it started taking off this year, has gone from lows of about $10 in March to $40 today. Nice little checkdown this past week, and looks set to continue to grow. Second Quarter results next Thursday.

Good article here for further analysis and reading

I've added to it this week, nice disruptor-growth play

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/breakingmkts/status/1364990490014339077

Couldn't have come at a worse time tbh. Market looking rough as hell atm.

image.png

pioneerpro wrote: »

I didn't think the crypto market was within the jurisdiction on the SEC. I mean the NYSE is but they done **** all about naked shorts, MM manipulating and stopping out retail investors so why would they bother going after Musk over an unregulated commodity?

One of my favourite stocks Redfin is down about 20% since Monday ($97 to $77). Bought some more just now. Been on a great tear last year, results out last night and were great, loads of banks raised price targets. Strong recommendation to add to your portfolio for the year.

Here's what I wrote about it last year

Yeah I think redfin is a great platform from what I've seen. Considering buying this dip because it's something that's crossed my path a few times.

In other news, my slow and steady bet STRL has been awarded a $130 million dam contact. Barely dropped today which is good all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Feel like I might be bag holding with FRX. Down 15% from initial investment, after big swings up and now down. Anyone else in FRX still? I know the merger isn't expected until back end of year, but I've lost a bit of confidence in this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

buyer95 wrote: »
    Feel like I might be bag holding with FRX. Down 15% from initial investment, after big swings up and now down. Anyone else in FRX still? I know the merger isn't expected until back end of year, but I've lost a bit of confidence in this

I think most people have lost confidence in most things. I'm exciting positions where possible myself. Don't want to sell at a loss though so if I think it may recover I don't sell.

EDIT: This isn't a suggestion that anyone else should. Just my personal confidence in it's low at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Its carnage out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

What the hell is going on with Semi Conductors? There's meant to be a Global shortage ...but stocks are tumbling

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Been away for a while due to personal issues, did anyone get on Gamestop?

Christ, back up to 150. Jeez, it was 45 a couple of days ago. Serious money being won and lost there.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

bcklschaps wrote: »
    What the hell is going on with Semi Conductors? There's meant to be a Global shortage ...but stocks are tumbling

CHIP act in US, it's not an actual shortage as well - its a trade embargo issue really. Anyone outside of non-vertically integrated EVs isn't in bad shape. It's more about who's caught on the hop in terms of fabless manufacturing vs. IDMs. The likes of Intel, Fujistu, Toshiba etc... don't give a **** and the console boys are backlogged into TSMC (at AMDs expense to a small extent lol).

• Advertisement

buyer95 wrote: »

I've reservations re:FRX which I've expressed here before, but its honestly the overall SPAC market bleeding out today for the most part. This too will pass. Huge amount of 'safe' stuff really bleeding down, so no surprise to see FRX doing the same after its major pump'n'dump.

Advertisement