Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭circadian

CFO dropped from the board, whatever that means to cause such a spike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    I think you're right Gemma

That'd be funny if this was about vaccines or Garda checkpoints but there's genuinely some sincerity in what I've said.

Do you've any opinion on the matter? How often does Reddit go down like that? The amount of people using the platform is a lot more than the WSB following alone so I can't see this being an influx of traffic issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭banie01

At 8.30 I was down 20% on my positions in the meme stocks...
    At 9.45 I'm up 30% this is a rollercoaster ride and is probably the biggest financial story since Enron or the 2008 crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

GooglePlus wrote: »
    That'd be funny if this was about vaccines or Garda checkpoints but there's genuinely some sincerity in what I've said.

Do you've any opinion on the matter? How often does Reddit go down like that? The amount of people using the platform is a lot more than WSB alone so I can't see this being an influx of traffic issue.

Absolutely no offence meant, was meant to be funny.
    I agree with you, it smells fishy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

circadian wrote: »
    CFO dropped from the board, whatever that means to cause such a spike.

Some think it means that they will move more towards online sale than shops.
    I think it’s still heavily shorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

What is going on with GME & AMC? I have 61 shares in AMC I bought a month ago and thought I lost my $1k :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,327 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

GME will hit $200 shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

NAKD being dragged along as well

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

6 wrote: »
    GME will hit $200 shortly

Its gonna blow 200 out of it the way its going :)

• Advertisement

It’s great to follow though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

Odd how Reddit crashes as this kicks off. The users on the WSB forums etc. are a drop in the pond compared to their overall user base.

The tinfoil hat wearer in me says something sinister is afoot with them.

Reddit be owned by "great bunch of lads"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Can someone remind me about the 28day cgt rule? I sold some MGNI shares on the 5th feb to take profit's (so I've gains associated with that) and bought more back today (at a lower price than I sold back then). Does todays purchase have any other cgt effect that I need to know about?

What is going on lads, will it carry through to the open tomorrow? Is there a chance I may get to sell and break even? (Bought at average of 240). :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Timmaay wrote: »
    Can someone remind me about the 28day cgt rule? I sold some MGNI shares on the 5th feb to take profit's (so I've gains associated with that) and bought more back today (at a lower price than I sold back then). Does todays purchase have any other cgt effect that I need to know about?

The first shares sold from the composite are counted as the last shares in IIRC

I thought it was just if you sold at a loss then you couldn't write off that loss if you jumped back in again. Open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Sold €1000 of CCIV to buy GME at 20:50. Have been watching the price laughing to myself until I realised the order is still pending. Sickened.

What is going on with GME & AMC? I have 61 shares in AMC I bought a month ago and thought I lost my $1k :)

Basically a pyramid Ponzi musical chairs, last one dancing when the music stops is the looser.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

So what's going to happen tomorrow? All of the stock apps will stop the purchase of game and AMC again?

The original reddit guy doubled his position on the dip a few days ago after he testified in congress. What a lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Sold €1000 of CCIV to buy GME at 20:50. Have been watching the price laughing to myself until I realised the order is still pending. Sickened.

That's a hammer blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Came here looking for answers.
    Everyone seems just as confused.

All Eyes On Rafah

They said the last time it could have gone over a 1000 if they didn’t stop the sales. Can the do the same again without consequences?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

The original reddit guy doubled his position on the dip a few days ago after he testified in congress. What a lad.

Keith Gill, really came across lovely. His sister died last year and from his testimony you could see it was all about providing for his family and not really about money or fame.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Keith Gill, really came across lovely. His sister died last year and from his testimony you could see it was all about providing for his family and not really about money or fame.
    You can tell from his youtube videos that he is a nice guy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭banie01

JeffKenna wrote: »

His testimony and his pre hearing statement were excellent IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Treppen wrote: »
    I thought it was just if you sold at a loss then you couldn't write off that loss if you jumped back in again. Open to correction.

This is how I understand it also - i.e. you can't write off the loss against any other share.

It's called Bed and Breakfasting gains and is perfectly okay AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

banie01 wrote: »
    His testimony and his pre hearing statement were excellent IMO.

It took me a while to work through it, but apparently he likes the stock:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

rosser44 wrote: »
    It took me a while to work through it, but apparently he likes the stock:D:D:D

And he's not a cat;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Some pictures just in from Wall Street

Advertisement