Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

/Checks address

Ah, that explains it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,941 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Three of the 10 property features are:
    • CLOSE TO TOWN CENTER
    • TOWN CENTER LOCATION
    • EXCELLENT LOCATION

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

That house is so full of... culture

• Registered Users Posts: 30,316 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

cefh17 wrote: »
    That house is so full of... culture

RTE could do a special Home of the Year for people with similar homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Fritzbox

Three of the 10 property features are:
    • CLOSE TO TOWN CENTER
    • TOWN CENTER LOCATION
    • EXCELLENT LOCATION

But the spelling would suggest a town in America, though.
    Not so convenient as one might expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭josip

14 pictures in before the first sight of the Virgin Mary.
    I was starting to doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Her hand is poking out in the 4th one! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Just to play devil's advocate for a minute, that house is a lot nicer than most of the places where people of this particular culture tend to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭josip

cefh17 wrote: »
    Her hand is poking out in the 4th one! :p

You're right, and now I've spotted her in the 9th.
    She's appearing everywhere.
    It's 1985 all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,499 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Just to play devil's advocate for a minute, that house is a lot nicer than most of the places where people of this particular culture tend to live.

That's a pretty low bar you're setting

• Advertisement

I know where the house is located.
    I've never seen PVC doors used as internal doors before, also the wannabe Louis Vuitton mats, sofas. kitchen chairs wrapped in plastic and the fridge magnets really add to it.

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-abbeycourt-rathkeale-co-limerick/142672

That's wildly f*cking optimistic at the end of the ad...
    Rathkeale Neighbourhood Guide

Get to know more about this area with our neighbourhood guides, explore property prices lifestyle & more...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

So much concrete on the outside, not a bit of grass! Grim. (The house itself is quite nice, at least on the outside). Some madman put up a cross on the radiator too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,916 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Aglomerado wrote: »
    So much concrete on the outside, not a bit of grass! Grim.
    Great hard standing though - you have to emphasise the positives!

That house is going to give me nightmares tonight :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

From my personal 9 year experience of dealing with a certain ethnic group, I found that the houses could be immaculate but only if they were the type to live in the caravans parked outside. From my personal experience, it's 50/50 between an immaculate house they don't live in vs something you'd see in an RTE report into the state of council housing.
    So much concrete on the outside, not a bit of grass! Grim. (The house itself is quite nice, at least on the outside). Some madman put up a cross on the radiator too. :D

Wheels sink in grass. I'm saying this as (my personally based) fact by the way, not having a go. As per the thread title, I definitely wouldn't live there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,316 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If I'm looking at the correct house on Street View they had a good bit of grass when they did Streetview.
    Also if you look at the houses in the area. You can see how some of them has progressed over the years on streetview.
    A few of them seem developed but they look not lived in for a few months so I suppose a garden would be hard to maintain.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think whats after happening is that there is no other 'flat' as such. Just some cute hoor whose house you have to go through in order to your accomodation

Shur you know the type. Uppity lad/gal who heard about people making 'stupid money' renting out spare rooms and the like and decides to herd a few very cheap but not so cheerful tradesmen into their attic to convert it on a shoestring with the hope of making lots of money quickly.

First time you pay the rent they'll be delighted to see the money. Second month perhaps will be OK but the third month they'll be secretly getting really annoyed and resentful about the fact that you're sharing the building with them and they'll start with the friendly requests. Make a little less noise when you come in, do this, do that, do the next thing

Few more months will pass and internally they'll be seething with hatred towards you but still tolerating you. They'll start to blackguard you, come into your room while you're gone, f*ck with your stuff, give out to you over completely unreasonable stuff and things will get ugly. If they're lucky you'll fcuk off at this point and they'll hope to rent to some no life quiet loner with an OCD cleaning obsession. This will fail. After a year or two they'll be left with a sh1tty attic conversion they never really wanted without breaking even

Edit: They'll refuse to fix stuff like that hanging socket because they're hell bent on making money. If the place starts to fall apart they'll blame you. On the way out they'll meticulously scrutinise the place for a reason to keep your deposit and fulfill their landed gentry fantasy

Im laughing at this just because it is so true. Landlords who rent out rooms in their own house want your money but they dont want you actually living there.

I remember a few years back nearly renting in one of these places until the landlady said a condition was I couldnt cook any food or use the kitchen in any way whatsoever. Stupid bint thought she could charge 750 a month and then expect me to also soak up the cost of eating out 21 times a week just to suit herself, eh no thanks missus and good luck finding the idiot who would accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Five bedrooms and only one bathroom - sounds like it might not be enough?

No problem, they've thought of that...:eek:

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/duplex-eyre-square-centre-co-galway/1355326

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Brilliant. Great spot for college tbf. Nothing like a lovely warm shower while sitting on the pot dying hungover.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

maudgonner wrote: »

Shít, shower, shave. All at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,235 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

a 3 bed house with 4 beds and possible a fifth. interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I think whats after happening is that there is no other 'flat' as such. Just some cute hoor whose house you have to go through in order to your accomodation

Shur you know the type. Uppity lad/gal who heard about people making 'stupid money' renting out spare rooms and the like and decides to herd a few very cheap but not so cheerful tradesmen into their attic to convert it on a shoestring with the hope of making lots of money quickly.

First time you pay the rent they'll be delighted to see the money. Second month perhaps will be OK but the third month they'll be secretly getting really annoyed and resentful about the fact that you're sharing the building with them and they'll start with the friendly requests. Make a little less noise when you come in, do this, do that, do the next thing

Few more months will pass and internally they'll be seething with hatred towards you but still tolerating you. They'll start to blackguard you, come into your room while you're gone, f*ck with your stuff, give out to you over completely unreasonable stuff and things will get ugly. If they're lucky you'll fcuk off at this point and they'll hope to rent to some no life quiet loner with an OCD cleaning obsession. This will fail. After a year or two they'll be left with a sh1tty attic conversion they never really wanted without breaking even

Edit: They'll refuse to fix stuff like that hanging socket because they're hell bent on making money. If the place starts to fall apart they'll blame you. On the way out they'll meticulously scrutinise the place for a reason to keep your deposit and fulfill their landed gentry fantasy

I cried laughing at this post last night! Brilliant.

It also reminded me of a post from way back where an owner occupier was renting out a room, in an apartment, somewhere around Dublin.

There was a library, and all sorts... a book or two. And a 'balcony' or something.

And the lucky person was just about allowed to use the bedroom that they were expected to pay a lot of money for.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Reminds me of public toilets, well, apart from the shower, obviously. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Not seen anything like that since i was in Xiamen..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

PommieBast wrote: »
    Not seen anything like that since i was in Xiamen..

Yeah thats pretty common in Asia.
    Places I lived in in SK had the full bathroom as the shower, not dividing screen or anything as it was too small

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

retalivity wrote: »
    Yeah thats pretty common in Asia.
    Places I lived in in SK had the full bathroom as the shower, not dividing screen or anything as it was too small

Over here you would mostly see them on boats. Like small cruisers would have a single toilet with a sink and shower and a drain hole in the floor - all in a room the size of a small wardrobe.
    Only thing missing in that house is the hand pump toilet!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,887 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Going back to that boss of a place in Rathkeale, I'm wondering what the bottom of the fridge says.

flazio wrote: »
    Going back to that boss of a place in Rathkeale, I'm wondering what the bottom of the fridge says.

OGNlOTg5OWI1NDgxYTczOTI2M2RjY2M3M2VhMTAzYTXGHzllmmJIdZvuMB9i0j_QaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1L2UvYi9lYmJlYWRjNjUxM2MyMjBjM2M0MzBlZDE4Y2VhNzAwMC5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

flazio wrote: »

Though it was going to be "Fanny".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

OGNlOTg5OWI1NDgxYTczOTI2M2RjY2M3M2VhMTAzYTXGHzllmmJIdZvuMB9i0j_QaHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1L2UvYi9lYmJlYWRjNjUxM2MyMjBjM2M0MzBlZDE4Y2VhNzAwMC5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

I think its "I love you more than all the stars in the sky"

• Advertisement

I think its "I love you more than all the stars in the sky"

I

LOVE

more
    YOU

than all the

IN
    stars

THE