Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Who doesn't want an exposed chimney in the room, unscrewed sockets around the sink and a single bed with no mattress?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Who doesn't want an exposed chimney in the room, unscrewed sockets around the sink and a single bed with no mattress?

And who wants to stand up when in the kitchen either. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

At least there was no expense spared on the garden furniture, that kind of makes up for the interior flaws.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,311 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Am I the only one to notice the guy wearing just boxer shorts?

• Advertisement

Am I the only one to notice the guy wearing just boxer shorts?

The eye sees what the eye wants to see. :D

They look like ordinary shorts to me. They look too big to be boxers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You'd have to be brain damaged to live in a place like that. And if you're not, well, it probably wouldn't be long before you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Archeron

Not to mention a herd of other peoples flip flops waiting to trip you up at the bottom of the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,947 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If that chimney belongs to another flat then that means you'll either have free heat, or basically no control over the temperature of your accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭lucalux

BattleCorp wrote: »
    The eye sees what the eye wants to see. :D

They look like ordinary shorts to me. They look too big to be boxers.

Topless man in shorts, to be fair, but still fairly noticeable. To my eyes anyway :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

At least there was no expense spared on the garden furniture, that kind of makes up for the interior flaws.

I love how there's just the one chair at the table, like your own personal outdoor crying chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

flazio wrote: »
    If that chimney belongs to another flat then that means you'll either have free heat, or basically no control over the temperature of your accommodation.

I think whats after happening is that there is no other 'flat' as such. Just some cute hoor whose house you have to go through in order to your accomodation

Shur you know the type. Uppity lad/gal who heard about people making 'stupid money' renting out spare rooms and the like and decides to herd a few very cheap but not so cheerful tradesmen into their attic to convert it on a shoestring with the hope of making lots of money quickly.

First time you pay the rent they'll be delighted to see the money. Second month perhaps will be OK but the third month they'll be secretly getting really annoyed and resentful about the fact that you're sharing the building with them and they'll start with the friendly requests. Make a little less noise when you come in, do this, do that, do the next thing

Few more months will pass and internally they'll be seething with hatred towards you but still tolerating you. They'll start to blackguard you, come into your room while you're gone, f*ck with your stuff, give out to you over completely unreasonable stuff and things will get ugly. If they're lucky you'll fcuk off at this point and they'll hope to rent to some no life quiet loner with an OCD cleaning obsession. This will fail. After a year or two they'll be left with a sh1tty attic conversion they never really wanted without breaking even

Edit: They'll refuse to fix stuff like that hanging socket because they're hell bent on making money. If the place starts to fall apart they'll blame you. On the way out they'll meticulously scrutinise the place for a reason to keep your deposit and fulfill their landed gentry fantasy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

BattleCorp wrote: »
    You'd be surprised how quickly the costs would rack up. It'll be a listed listed building so you can't lash away at the work without taking extra precautions.

And it's also on an island.

Deep pockets man, deep pockets.

Be grand shur. People throwing good stuff into skips every day of the week because they're modernodernising and upgrading and all this malarky. Bringing material to these places does cost a bit more than the mainland but it's not prohibitive.

If you manage to get a roof on it and windows in that will buy you time. Nobody is saying you need to turn it into a palace within a year

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Be grand shur. People throwing good stuff into skips every day of the week because they're modernodernising and upgrading and all this malarky. Bringing material to these places does cost a bit more than the mainland but it's not prohibitive.

If you manage to get a roof on it and windows in that will buy you time. Nobody is saying you need to turn it into a palace within a year

If you're buying a lighthouse on an island for half a million, I doubt you'd be dumpster diving for cupboards for the kitchen.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I love how there's just the one chair at the table, like your own personal outdoor crying chair.

My exact thought, go out to the garden, sit down on your own and cry away in peace :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Grayson wrote: »
    I just thought it was a messy house, then I got to photo 12 onwards :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Do the "ladies" come with the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Do the "ladies" come with the house?

Asking for a friend. Right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,311 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Definite serial killer vibe with those mannequins. I wouldn't go digging up the back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

We're entering month three of lockdown. I know at this stage they'd be my best friends. Except for Lucy. Lucy's a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭PommieBast

flazio wrote: »
    Reminds me of student days when I used the window as a thermostat.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,982 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I just thought it was a messy house, then I got to photo 12 onwards :pac:
    :eek:

Whatever about the lovely ladies, the fecking gravestone angels on your sitting room hearth - shudder!!!

That is just outstandingly bonkers!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Pic 24 :eek:

What the hell is going on here? I expect to see this house again on a Netflix series à la Making a Murderer.

What the hell is going on here? I expect to see this house again on a Netflix series à la Making a Murderer.
    Adams family springs to mind, but without the spooky clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Just noticed this one's feet are the wrong way around...

544696.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Just noticed this one's feet are the wrong way around...

Maybe that's why the Virgin Mary is praying for her.

Or it could be the "lady" who seems to have fallen over with no pants on and has a small bunny rabbit peeking over her arse.

I do like that the gentleman in blue is politely averting his eyes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,366 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know where the house is located.
    I've never seen PVC doors used as internal doors before, also the wannabe Louis Vuitton mats, sofas. kitchen chairs wrapped in plastic and the fridge magnets really add to it.

MjQ0MTg4YWVkNmE1M2UwMjcyZDc1ZThjNDk4NTVlMmEZ85FMyiGUd7_z4xgpezc1aHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzgvYS84YTkwNjVkZDdhYjAyYmIyOGViMjU3OTA3NTc3ZTM5NC5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

MGQzYjY3MDQxZTYzY2ZjZTViYWUwM2U0NzlkMWM2NGXXNit-pTBGkVidjQfq1y44aHR0cHM6Ly9zMy1ldS13ZXN0LTEuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9tZWRpYW1hc3Rlci1zM2V1LzgvZC84ZDQwY2I0YjgyMTQzNzFmNzFiMWU4NGEzMTBlNDdhNi5qcGd8fHwxMjAwfHx8fHx8fA==.webp

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-abbeycourt-rathkeale-co-limerick/142672

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

the kitchen table and chairs are wrapped in plastic, bit unusual looking also. They are leather so it should be easy to clean anyway

Advertisement