Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minimal/barefoot shoes

Options
  • 12-09-2011 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Wasn't really sure where to put this but this seemed like the best place for it.

I've been really interested in minimal shoes like the Vibram Five Fingers and Vivo Barefoot range, but not particularly for sporting reasons (I do intend to start running at some point soon though). Mainly I've just become more and more frustrated with shoes - I hate having these heavy things on my feet all the time and I love being barefoot. I go barefoot as often as I can, but obviously with our weather there's not much chance to do it (without looking completely mental). The minimal shoe movement seems to suit me down to the ground - no arch support (which caused me a lot of issues when I was younger), space for the toes to spread out and being able to actually feel the ground beneath my feet. The issue I'm having right now is locating good minimal shoes - there's plenty online but I have unusual feet (very narrow heel and very wide toes in a size 11) so would like to try them on before I commit to the buy, which is usually quite pricey.

Does anyone know of any minimal shoe retailers in the Limerick/Clare region? I tried the Crescent Shopping center but couldn't find a single pair of minimal shoes anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭deisecelt

Hey, did u find the shoes and if so r u still wearing them? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

deisecelt wrote: »
    Hey, did u find the shoes and if so r u still wearing them? Any good?

After 9 years, they're probably missing a few toes.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭TooObvious

Here, I've been wearing Vivo Barefoot shoes for years now, they are my goto for general day to day wear when not in formal shoes (all the time now) and also for the COVID walks, no problem doing 5 - 10km walks in them. I don't run so can't comment on how useful they are in that respect, however for normal day to day use i'd highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 david992

I've been looking for sneakers for a long time for my marathon, I liked Hoka, and they are really cool But for daily workouts now it's a problem to find. This is the first time I've heard of the ones you mention, but I'm thinking of checking out the reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭TooObvious

Well I've given you my review, I've been wearing Vivo Barefoots over 10 years - very high quality shoes in my view, and they look normal as opposed to the 5 Fingers shoes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement