Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell Let Loose

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,127 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Dcully wrote: »
    set desired graphics settings first and click apply then after this ad that text then do not touch graphics menu ingame specifically the apply button as this can reset your engine.ini

Played a few games last night and I think it looks a lot better. I didn't notice players being that much easier to spot, maybe at a distance but it's definitely an improvement in overall appearance. No drop in fps either as far as I could tell.

The weapons sound awesome. I was cowering underneath a ditch last night with two tanks exchanging shell fire above me and noise of the shells going through the air is really well done.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Reading all the posts in here has made me buy it. Feckers. :D

Will have a read back at those settings from Dcully and the video he linked and give it a bash later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Deffo need to add a few steam accounts....and join up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

set desired graphics settings first and click apply then after this ad that text then do not touch graphics menu ingame specifically the apply button as this can reset your engine.ini

Set the engine.ini to read only and it wont change it again no matter what you do.

Do you know if the FOV is still vertical or if its horizontal because if so you would need to make changes on that also.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Deffo need to add a few steam accounts....and join up.

I see a few folk running around with IRE tag, might not be Irish but seems like more Irish people running around lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,628 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Have it for the last 6 months or so. Have not been enjoying it as a solo player for the last while, I find there's less and less squads and it's just not fun anymore. Hope that improves.

I hate this locked squad bollox TBH, 2-4 man locked squads, just makes no sense. It forces others to make a squad and be SL when they hate it. Im not even talking Armor squads with 1 or 2 (thats kickable 1 man tanking Grrrrrr)
    Should not be able to lock squads at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Calhoun wrote: »
    Set the engine.ini to read only and it wont change it again no matter what you do.

I did that initially but apparently it led to alot of people losing stats, since then they said they fixed it but im not risking it.
    I hate this locked squad bollox TBH, 2-4 man locked squads, just makes no sense. It forces others to make a squad and be SL when they hate it. Im not even talking Armor squads with 1 or 2 (thats kickable 1 man tanking Grrrrrr)
    Should not be able to lock squads at all.

Squad locking while annoying is great if you want a squad of friends.
    Maybe only have the lock option for 2 mins at map start.
    I find there's less and less squads
    140 hours played and never been in a game with less squads than normal.

I'm about 50 hours in now and I'm up to level 4 in a few of the classes so I've got extra kits to play with now which is nice. I really like the US Support class's grease gun. I have feeling that some of the weapons use different architecture in this game. Some of the weapons such as that grease gun and the pistols feel like they are a hit scan weapon like in counter strike but with the rifles you have to lead your shots at range like in Arma 3 so to me they feel different to use but I could be wrong on that. Has anyone else noticed this or know if it is the case?

Just had my best round and best experience in the game to date, being trying to learn the tanks more and more but some maps are just so hard to learn but had a round tonite where I got 8 tank kills in the game. Was over the moon, usually you be lucky to get 2 or 3 around with a good team but we slayed and there was only 2 of us in the tank.

Ended up with my longest life time in the game aswell at 44 mins so that was a bonus. Pain in the hoop you have to go all the way back to base to refill ammo (I know its a result of not getting killed but still) K.D of 49 aswell no deaths.

• Advertisement

I still can't get my sound working properly. I hear the exact same thing in both earphones when I play this game and I've no idea why, it's not like that in any other shooter I play and it makes this game frustrating to play as the FOV is so narrow you really rely on sound to know what's happening. I'm getting bored of this game now. I'm level 80 but the majority of games it's just an endless cycle of spawning and dying most of the time I can't even spot enemies. Players that are prone on the ground are basically invisible if they don't move. I'll load it up for one round but then I get sick of it and go play something else. I also don't like how you get no XP if you leave before the round ends, puts me off as I feel I have to commit to a full round but sometimes but they go on for way too long. I find myself going to BF and other slightly more casual shooters where I can see the people I'm supposed to be shooting at. Maybe when the eastern front gets added it'll get interesting again but tbh if I can't fix my sound problem I won't be spending much more time playing this.

You can change FOV like most PC fps games.
    While prone cleverly among rocks or a hedge they might blend in as they should do but out in the middle of a field prone your seen from miles away.

You can change FOV like most PC fps games.
    While prone cleverly among rocks or a hedge they might blend in as they should do but out in the middle of a field prone your seen from miles away.

The FOV used to be messed though vertical rather than horizontal, vertical i believe was setting for older games with 4:3 aspect ratio. I used to have to use https://themetalmuncher.github.io/fov-calc/ to try and get it right lol.

Interesting comment above about the engine.ini i had better put mine off read only.

Played my first round as RECON tonight....whole different kettle of tuna that I tell ya. Made myself a right pain in the arse of the enemy, destroyed 11 structures and had 48 sniper kills from behind enemy lines.

Still haven’t played recon at all yet. I had a great game in a tank yesterday though. You’re a lot less vulnerable to random billets flying around and if you use them properly (work with an infantry squad) they are OP. I was driving so I had the MG and another guy was swapping between spotter and main gunner. I was on comms with the infantry squad lead so we had them to repair us and watch our backs. We didn’t die once, we got 6 vehicle kills and I got 23 kills with the drivers MG. The game only lasted about 40 mins. Are tanks a bit unbalanced I wonder. With the infantry squad all around us there was fcuk all the enemy could do.

Tanks are very powerful if people just run away when they see them...but a well coordinated attack with even one squad with rocket re-supply and tanks are like paper. They are quite difficult to master with the arkward controls and no 3rd person view....Tank v Tank is very one sided with the Germans having much stronger tanks.

But I find them great fun and would love to master them and know all the good spots on maps.

I'm hopping on now for the next few hours. What servers do ye generally play on? I usually stick to the UK ones for a lower ping.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I'm hopping on now for the next few hours. What servers do ye generally play on? I usually stick to the UK ones for a lower ping.

My go to's are, with general order of play:

EXD -Playing here allot of late.
    1AD - Decent server with active admin
    2JFJ - or how ever the **** they spell it
    FFUK - Decent server, very new player friendly.
    82AD - Decent server but can be come 82AD stacked and otherside becomes farmed.
    PBS - Keep off of this one unless its only active option, seems to be latency issues on it and it has admin issues.

Honorable mention to Finns let loose.

I keep away from the American servers unless playing with American friends.

I joined 2.FJg the other day, they are named after a German Para regiment....very very good players and take the game seriously. Most of them are well over 1000 hrs in the game. Learning alot and good craic, good few Irish in it aswell.

I like the 2.FJg server alot as its always admin that how I ended up joining on it so much but the ones above a good too.

EXD are a huge clan...bigger then the rest iirc.

EXD have a veteran server, you have to be level 60+ to play on it. I might give that a go because it’s a bit frustrating sometimes. Half the time if I don’t play squad lead there’s no squad lead, and if I’m playing squad lead there’s no support. Might be more organisation and communication. You can tell the game is still pulling in new players every server has loads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Iguarantee

EXD have a veteran server, you have to be level 60+ to play on it. I might give that a go because it’s a bit frustrating sometimes. Half the time if I don’t play squad lead there’s no squad lead, and if I’m playing squad lead there’s no support. Might be more organisation and communication. You can tell the game is still pulling in new players every server has loads.

The veterans server still has the same issues as a regular server...solo squads, no squad leader, solo tanks etc.

In fact, I didn't find the playstyle to be any better than other servers.

Yeah, plus the fact if you do something that does not measure up to rank 100+ players level of thinking you get bollox'd out of it. Level 60+ means nothing tbh, Im level 55ish and still grasping the tactics.

Was playing one game and we literally had no nodes what so ever and when we eventually got a commander I changed to engi and started to build where ever I could....got a earful for not building nodes further up the map for maximum resources!!! Nothing stopping them from doing it, but they would never dream of killing themselves to redeploy for the greater good.

Yeah, plus the fact if you do something that does not measure up to rank 100+ players level of thinking you get bollox'd out of it. Level 60+ means nothing tbh, Im level 55ish and still grasping the tactics.

Was playing one game and we literally had no nodes what so ever and when we eventually got a commander I changed to engi and started to build where ever I could....got a earful for not building nodes further up the map for maximum resources!!! Nothing stopping them from doing it, but they would never dream of killing themselves to redeploy for the greater good.

Your always going to have arseholes, no matter if its new or old players. I was playing with a level 10 squad leader the other night. Chap thought we were role playing WW2 and her was the glorious leader we were going to follow and fight into battle.

While i dont necessarily agree with how those guys said it they do have a point, then again some of them are just loving the "I am elite", i think the big bug bear for allot of older players is newer guys taking key roles and not doing them right.

Its best though if you find a group of good mates to run it with and play regularly.

I have a soft spot for FFUK as they have always had a casual approach and friendly approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

I joined 2.FJg the other day, they are named after a German Para regiment....very very good players and take the game seriously. Most of them are well over 1000 hrs in the game. Learning alot and good craic, good few Irish in it aswell.

I like the 2.FJg server alot as its always admin that how I ended up joining on it so much but the ones above a good too.

EXD are a huge clan...bigger then the rest iirc.

EXD are mix of a few clans, for example WTH is one of them.... and personally avoiding them like a rash :) for a few reasons :)

EXD are mix of a few clans, for example WTH is one of them.... and personally avoiding them like a rash :) for a few reasons :)

I didn't know that as WTH still have their own servers and I know exd play on multiple games.

WTH add me to the list of avoiding this lot.

WTH add me to the list of avoiding this lot.

I find any of the more established clans can have a bit of an elitism coming from them, 82ad I have had run ins with and seen admin abuse.

Luckily there are new servers created regularly, unplayed on a new UK server lastnight with loads of new players was fun.

I’ve not come across any dicks be they admins or players. It’s inevitable as the game grows in popularity though. I played commander for few rounds yesterday. It’s actually good fun. You spend most of the game looking at your map which is a bit odd.

I’ve not come across any dicks be they admins or players. It’s inevitable as the game grows in popularity though. I played commander for few rounds yesterday. It’s actually good fun. You spend most of the game looking at your map which is a bit odd.

When you really get used to the game you spend allot of time in your map, I normally use dead bodies from other players and OP/garrison light ups to figure out where the event is pushing from.

So was good practice for you but definitely recommend you incorporate it into your play.

• Advertisement

People who never play commander think that the role is GOD powerful and have all this wonderful power to destroy the enemy with the click of a mouse. TBH, commanders have very little power, the only thing worth its salt is the recon and bombing run...and the timers are quite long. Its all about communication to SL and if you dont have SLs that listen to the instructions your doomed.

Its quite a good role to play but again so much depends on your team....

Advertisement