Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

An old quartz Monza style that decided to get some wrist time today.

544438.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,807 ✭✭✭893bet

893bet wrote: »
    No sunshine to catch the blue hands today sadly

FC897168-4-EBD-460-A-819-F-150734-D84527.jpg

Bit of sunshine today to highlight the best part of the dial

7-D9-A2-C4-A-25-C7-4-DF5-BBBE-F6-C1-AF60638-E.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Quoting pics, in this case?

giphy.gif

:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Quoting pics, in this case?

[IMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/jchcqpyTpIp :D[/img]

I knew the rule but thought an exception needed to be made!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Damn right. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

My latest addition, some Genta inspired retro fun at an affordable price :)
    An automatic will be released at some stage but I'm happy going with quartz for this piece.

edit: Just realised I left the crown open after the obligatory moving of hands to the standard photo time.

Tissot-PRX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ronanphilip

Tisell Bauhaus Automatic, blue / grey canvas strap

Collage-Maker-20210220-224429122.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Out on my bike today enjoying the good weather with my trusty Citizen Eco-Drive BM8180-03E

544472.jpg

Bulova Accuquartz from 1975 today.

544477.jpg

Hipster bling. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Love the crystal "bling" that was put on the dial too - was the frequency at 100hz or what is significance of the number (WR?)

• Advertisement

only if water resistance meant keeping 100 metres away from it. :D

1975 was the anniversary of Bulova's founding so they released a few "Centenary" models in a case that looked like a Tuning fork that powered their earlier Accutron and this quartz in a roundabout way(smoooooth seconds hand). The majority were Accutron tuning fork powered, then they had their inhouse quartz fitted to a steel and gold model with a crystal on the dial and 100 stamped into the clasp. I have both, of course. NOS with hang tags too. Cos me. :o These are the only Bulovas they made that don't have a date number on the caseback.

544482.jpg

Original French advert from the time. They seem to have been only sold in Europe as I've never seen one for sale in the US, or adverts for them, though American Bulova collectors(big over there) do lust after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Great looking watch PF, better than the sub homage one I have. Nicely taken photo too.

Thanks. I had the "normal" Ocean One (if that is the way to describe it) for about a year. I enjoyed it a lot and wore the hell of it, but eventually decided to move it on for something else. Since then I have restocked my watch box with 3 more Steinharts and have to say their watches with this handset look great.

There seems to be a strong interest in them here recently.

Anyway to keep the thread on topic, I have this on my wrist tonight.
    U9MzGoMl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Catching the last bit of light after getting home from work

4YEXAIT.jpg

Still trying to get into a routine with rotating between watches, currently it's every two days, since I've only a small collection thinking about changing it to every week

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Still trying to get into a routine with rotating between watches, currently it's every two days, since I've only a small collection thinking about changing it to every week

That's a beautiful watch. I've a small collection too, but sometimes find myself changing watches more than once a day. Not sure I could stick to one every two days or a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Casio T200 that arrived earlier today
    544639.jpg

Coffee to kick off the day on a truly miserable morning.

vJ5rwrgl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    Coffee to kick off the day on a truly miserable morning.

The long and the short of it.

IMG-20210223-091239.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,165 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Grey jumpers to match the weather!
    And the watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

An espresso and a black coffee? This guy coffees

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Keeping with the theme:

XwDvBjH.jpg

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    An espresso and a black coffee? This guy coffees

Out of "shot" is the other espresso I'd already downed! :D.

I've long given up all my vices, nearasdammit, only the black bean extract remains.

funkyouup wrote: »
    Casio T200 that arrived earlier today

Where did you get it and how much?

My new coffee mug from the bargain alerts forum.

A travel mug is just what I needed to be honest. I already have 3, and I work from home a lot.

Just what I needed.

21-E1-F953-B7-B2-41-FA-95-A5-9-AD590-B2-D7-E3.jpg

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    Where did you get it and how much?

I got it from Sakurawatches.com for 420 euros, then dhl stuck another 90 onto that for vat and handling fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Fitz II

893bet wrote: »
    My new coffee mug from the bargain alerts forum.

A travel mug is just what I needed to be honest. I already have 3, and I work from home a lot.

Just what I needed.

Lovely travel mug, any more shots, maybe some macros?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I got it from Sakurawatches.com for 420 euros, then dhl stuck another 90 onto that for vat and handling fee.

Bugger. Handling fees - how much? I have something inbound from Japan via DHL that may arrive tomorrow. Something I will likely post pics of.

*Yawn*... Another coffee, same grey ol' day, same grey sleeve... but... wait... what???

IMG-20210223-144814.jpg

A nice new-watch dopamine hit to add to my caffeine buzz! :)

cnocbui wrote: »
    Bugger. Handling fees - how much? I have something inbound from Japan via DHL that may arrive tomorrow. Something I will likely post pics of.

Handling fee was 15 and the vat was 75, they emailed and txted me saturday with the payment request so if you haven't heard from them you might have gotten away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Handling fee was 15 and the vat was 75, they emailed and txted me saturday with the payment request so if you haven't heard from them you might have gotten away with it.

Many thanks. I was only going on the tracking for the delivery time, which seemed too quick. Left Japan yesterday, Left HongKong at 4am today, it's arrived in Leipzig 4Pm and they have it for delivery by days end tomorrow. Can hardly remember the last time I got away with something, so fingers crossed, but I'm prepared for the usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Ian OB

Thanks to Fitz11, trying on different straps.

The best of some (very) bad pictures here.

544719.jpg

Advertisement