Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speech and language therapy UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pink12321

I’m the exact same I’m at 10.20am Sunday and I’m sitting here wishing it was over already! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ot2021

Hi all just sat the Hpat hoping to get into OT. How did everyone find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Wheretonext

Hi, I just finished myself. I have no idea how section 1 went. Feel like I guessed a lot more than I normally would in the ******** practice ones. Felt a lot more confident with section 2 & 3. Don't know what the written part has to do with getting in as its scored separately so hopefully a weak score doesn't impact too much as that has always been my weakness.

I found section 1 very difficult similar to you found myself guessing a lot. I am fairly confident in section 2. Section 3 was okay pick the middle was difficult. I don’t think the written essays have any impact on the percentile so at least that’s something!

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

The was a lot of sharing of questions and answers on discord chat yesterday!

This will give advantage to some sitting Day 2 and 3.

Discord chat has since been closed.

It was reported to Hpat Ireland but the horse has bolted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 GreenPantsPls

Well done to those that have sat it and good luck to those who are due to sit.

I just finished it there. Quite manageable overall compared to the different sample tests out there. I felt section 1 was a bit easier than the sample exams (still challenging ofc, just not as challenging), section 2 was around the same as most samples but with less tricky/unusual vocab but I dont feel like I did well in this section unfortunately and section 3 was hard but that's my weakest section anyway.

Written english had as good prompts as could be hoped for imo but I'm still concerned because it's hard to know what standard will be expected especially considering we had to type it rather than write it.

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    The was a lot of sharing of questions and answers on discord chat yesterday!

This will give advantage to some sitting Day 2 and 3.

Discord chat has since been closed.

It was reported to Hpat Ireland but the horse has bolted.

Is it the same exam? I would have thought there would be different ones for different days.

Is it the same exam? I would have thought there would be different ones for different days.

Online chat suggested same questions were appearing today.

Open to correction.

Interesting about the discord chat. Hopefully those of us that didn't know about it aren't at a disadvantage. I can't imagine where were enough people sitting that were part of the chat that it would overly impact the percentiles. Fingers crossed anyway.

Hopefully.

Is it anticipated that there is a significant increase in numbers sitting HPAT?

Especially overseas participants that could sit test for first time online without the significant cost of travelling to Ireland.

• Advertisement

I can't see there being a significant increase, an increase yes but not a significant increase and even so it might be of benefit to people as the additional people may not have been as prepared. Let's just see how this plays out, no point in coming with information after the fact that people have sat the exam, it doesn't help anyone and only stresses people out.

I can't see there being a significant increase, an increase yes but not a significant increase and even so it might be of benefit to people as the additional people may not have been as prepared. Let's just see how this plays out, no point in coming with information after the fact that people have sat the exam, it doesn't help anyone and only stresses people out.

I’ll post what I choose to post!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ciecor

Hey, just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on the essay section. Even to know roughly how long it should be. I've done the practice test but got a brutal score. Anyone any idea of what score was needed last year for the essay section?
    Any help would be brilliant!!!
    Thanks

Hey, my essays were not long at all if I had to guess they were less than an A4 page each! They can’t expect a lot in an hour 😂 I know the essay score doesn’t contribute to the percentile so I don’t think it has too much influence. Well I hope it doesn’t 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6 KTOT

I am also looking to get into OT 2021, found the essay titles good. I really don't know how I did in the HPAT so very nervous now waiting for results

Anyone know when in April we might find out?

Ot2021 wrote: »
    Anyone know when in April we might find out?

No official date given as far as I know. I went through this thread back the last few years to 2017 and each year I checked it's always been the 2nd Thursday of April when they were released, in 2021 that is the 8th of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ciecor

Hey, my essays were not long at all if I had to guess they were less than an A4 page each! They can’t expect a lot in an hour 😂 I know the essay score doesn’t contribute to the percentile so I don’t think it has too much influence. Well I hope it doesn’t 😂

Thanks for your reply that really helps I appreciate it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭noobsnow95

Is it tomorrow we are expecting hpat results for UL applicants?

Hopefully based off the last two years it’s been the second Thursday of April!

• Advertisement

Hopefully based off the last two years it’s been the second Thursday of April!

Going for OT myself. All the best, hopefully we'll get a place.

Trying to be optimistic but the exam is a blur! I don’t think section 1 went my way! Best of luck!!

Im nervous

I know!! Let’s just hope results are tomorrow we can get it over with! Any ideas on what percentiles would get you in?

Exactly, the wait is the worst part. It's hard to judge what result will get us in. I tried looking back on this thread but still hard to know.

KTOT wrote: »
    Exactly, the wait is the worst part. It's hard to judge what result will get us in. I tried looking back on this thread but still hard to know.

I know it’s so hard to know! The lowest I’ve seen was 47 I think. Fingers crossed for us!!

Best of luck tomorrow (hopefully tomorrow)

KTOT wrote: »
    Best of luck tomorrow (hopefully tomorrow)

Thank you! Best of luck to you as well

50th percentile usually secures a place, I've heard of people get it with a little less in second round offers but it's very hard to know. I'd imagine more people will apply for UL then Scotland this year also which could make it a bit more competitive. I'm trying to stay optimistic but I'm not sure if I have enough.

• Advertisement

Anyone heard anything?

Advertisement