Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airbnb Flouting Restrictions

Options
  • 21-02-2021 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭

Firstly, I believe lockdown restrictions should be eased as soon as possible.
    In my area hotels, self-catering, B&B, guesthouses, caravan parks and campsites are all closed due to Covid restrictions. All accommodation bar one.
    Airbnb.

There is an Airbnb beside an elderly neighbour of mine. Since The new year there it has been booked out with lots of people coming and going. I checked their listing online and all the recent reviews are from people beyond 150km never mind 5km. They continue to be booked up right into May.

Am I wrong to think this is unfair on other businesses who have closed their businesses to protect their communities at great sacrifice to themselves?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,955 ✭✭✭pgj2015

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    In my area hotels, self-catering, B&B, guesthouses, caravan parks and campsites are all closed due to Covid restrictions. All accommodation bar one.
    Airbnb.

There is an Airbnb beside an elderly neighbour of mine. Since The new year there it has been booked out with lots of people coming and going. I checked their listing online and all the recent reviews are from people beyond 150km never mind 5km. They continue to be booked up right into May.

Am I wrong to think this is unfair on other businesses who have closed their businesses to protect their communities at great sacrifice to themselves?

Did you report them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Did you report them?

No. I have never reported anybody for anything and feel uncomfortable about doing it but do feel it is unfair. I know I should report it but I just can’t bring myself to do it. I don’t want to involve the guards but think Airbnb themselves should to more proactive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Airbnb.

Hotels and other accommodation services like b&bs, self catering etc are allowed to remain open for essential workers so if Airbnb can't prove this there in trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Hotels and other accommodation services like b&bs, self catering etc are allowed to remain open for essential workers so if Airbnb can't prove this there in trouble

In trouble with who though? On their reviews for February guests are saying what a fab honeymoon they had because they couldn’t go abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Airbnb.

Yes, you are wrong.

All businesses should be ignoring unlawful totalitarian restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

In trouble with who though? On their reviews for February guests are saying what a fab honeymoon they had because they couldn’t go abroad.

Who cares? Are you seriously begrudging a couple staying in an Air B&B not around other people celebrating their honeymoon? Honestly sad.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

I fail to see the need for a thread on this, particularly given some of the responses already.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement