Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Israel tries to lure the unvaccinated with a cool vibe and free booze.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Have they tried it in the West Bank or Gaza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

What a brilliant idea, I wonder would it work here once the vaccine uptake stalls like it did in Israel..

"Tel Aviv raise the bar — pun very much intended — setting up a mobile vaccination station at a local pub and offering a free drink to anyone who showed up to get their first injection."

https://www.timesofisrael.com/care-for-a-shot-with-your-shot-tel-aviv-sets-up-vaccine-station-in-local-bar/

Well your probably less likely to object once you've had a drink.

Edz87 wrote: »
    Unusual word to use on a race of people who experienced it throughout the centuries. But I am not impressed that to date, Israel has administered the most Covid19 vaccine doses per capita in the world, but yet it was only 2 days ago that they allowed 2,000 vaccines into the occupied territories. That is appalling. They have a duty of care, as an occupier, to provide Palestinians with vaccines at the same time as their own citizens. Otherwise, comparisons to despotic regimes can be made. And it's important to remember, a substantial amount of Israelis would agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

It's a defeatist policy. If they ignore the occupied populous, there will be a variant in the works which will eventually bite them in the ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

degsie wrote: »
    It's a defeatist policy. If they ignore the occupied populous, there will be a variant in the works which will eventually bite them in the ass.

That was a headline there this morning, possibility of a vaccine resistant strain emerging due to the high vaccine levels and high community transmission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

What a brilliant idea, I wonder would it work here once the vaccine uptake stalls like it did in Israel..

"Tel Aviv raise the bar — pun very much intended — setting up a mobile vaccination station at a local pub and offering a free drink to anyone who showed up to get their first injection."

https://www.timesofisrael.com/care-for-a-shot-with-your-shot-tel-aviv-sets-up-vaccine-station-in-local-bar/

Why don't you tell us what you think about it?

Edz87 wrote: »

Great start ... You are calling Jews genocidal scumbags, that's just plain stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Kivaro wrote: »
    Unusual word to use on a race of people who experienced it throughout the centuries. But I am not impressed that to date, Israel has administered the most Covid19 vaccine doses per capita in the world, but yet it was only 2 days ago that they allowed 2,000 vaccines into the occupied territories. That is appalling. They have a duty of care, as an occupier, to provide Palestinians with vaccines at the same time as their own citizens. Otherwise, comparisons to despotic regimes can be made. And it's important to remember, a substantial amount of Israelis would agree.
    It would also earn them a lot of good will across the globe if they gave the vaccine to the palestinians, most of whom can barely afford food. Hope a bit of common sense prevails.

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Why don't you tell us what you think about it?

I did.

• Advertisement

I did.

I guess I missed it.

I guess I missed it.

I guess you did, so what do you think...?

I guess you did, so what do you think...?

I still didn't find your thoughts about it. You started the thread. Unless it's another clickbait.

I still didn't find your thoughts about it. You started the thread. Unless it's another clickbait.

Find someone else to play games with, goodnight.

Find someone else to play games with, goodnight.

Still no thoughts on the topic you started. But goodnight to you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Still no thoughts on the topic you started. But goodnight to you too.

His first 4 words literally describe his thoughts on it. What do you want, a thesis?

Great start ... You are calling Jews genocidal scumbags, that's just plain stupid.

That's as stupid a thing to assert as saying that black people can't be racist.

As for offering free gargle to get vaccinated, it's a bizarre idea. If they're feeling generous, how about spending the drink money on their oppressed and occupied neighbours instead?

Oh, right..

kenmc wrote: »
    His first 4 words literally describe his thoughts on it. What do you want, a thesis?

You mean What a brilliant idea? IMO he's been just sarcastic to be honest and starting another pointless covid related thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Seanergy

Absolutely no chance! Sure the pubs won’t be open here whilst vaccinations are ongoing on our current trajectory!

The current trajectory of government making decicions based on lobby power?

Vice Chair of the Vintners and soon to be chair is up for it, I would not rule out pubs acting as vaccination hubs, just yet.

https://twitter.com/NoelAnderson_/status/1362849552345219081

JayZeus wrote: »
    That's as stupid a thing to assert as saying that black people can't be racist.

As for offering free gargle to get vaccinated, it's a bizarre idea. If they're feeling generous, how about spending the drink money on their oppressed and occupied neighbours instead?

Oh, right..

Well I'm sorry but original post calls Israelis genocidal scumbags, which is stupid in my opinion. Oppressed and occupied neighbors, dunno, maybe some history lessons would help.

• Advertisement

Well I'm sorry but original post calls Israelis genocidal scumbags, which is stupid in my opinion. Oppressed and occupied neighbors, dunno, maybe some history lessons would help.

A bit of both. Using the phase "genocidal scumbags" for Israelis is inappropriate in light of over 6 million of them being murdered in WW2.
    Oppressed and occupied neighbours? Well yes, if we look at the Palestinians; they are both, and oppressively. But we need to remember that many Israelis are against this too. Important not to tar a whole group with the same brush.
    But anyway, Covid. It doesn't matter what race, creed, or colour we are when our friend Covid pays a visit. This is something important that we should remember. What we thought differentiates us, really is immaterial. A common enemy unites us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Kivaro wrote: »
    Have they tried it in the West Bank or Gaza?

Maybe offer a bacon sandwich as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

You mean What a brilliant idea? IMO he's been just sarcastic to be honest and starting another pointless covid related thread.

Or maybe he just thinks it's a great idea.... I don't see any :rolleyes: around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ronald Franz

They are the leading country in this. They have the best health analysis and can relay the results of vaccination effect the quickest hence Pfizer giving them so much stock.
    They are also among the first to bring in vaccine certificates for entry into bars/restaurants. Everything you see happening in Israel will likely be EU wide soon.

Maybe offer a bacon sandwich as well
    Dude? So funny.
    The Palestinians that I have encountered are the most generous people on this planet. And they have endured probably more than any other group in existence. And yet, they survive. Covid is really a story of survival, so maybe we can learn from them.

From my experience living with both cultures, it is important to remember that one of most vocal proponents for Palestinian co-existent is from Israelis. So it's not as simple of Jews vs Palestinians situation. The best of both communities will come from cooperation from both communities.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭josip

It's advisable to avoid alcohol around vaccination time.
    Some have postulated that being an immunosuppressant, it could limit the effectiveness of the vaccine.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2262654-should-you-avoid-alcohol-when-getting-a-coronavirus-vaccine/

Nothing proven yet.

josip wrote: »
    Some have postulated that being an immunosuppressant, it could limit the effectiveness of the vaccine.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2262654-should-you-avoid-alcohol-when-getting-a-coronavirus-vaccine/

Nothing proven yet.

100%, pure daft to be boozin whilst getting a jab, but this country does daft very well.

Do you want a baby Guinness or a flat 7up with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

josip wrote: »

Nothing proven yet.

So, after living like a hamster in a cage for the last year, the kill joys are clamping down on the "I'm Vaxxed" parties. Not surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭josip

Danno wrote: »
    So, after living like a hamster in a cage for the last year, the kill joys are clamping down on the "I'm Vaxxed" parties. Not surprising.

I think it's only advised to avoid alcohol for a few days after getting vaccinated, not the rest of your life.

• Advertisement

Danno wrote: »

You need to break in a new pair of shoes before you go dancing.

This country will have the biggest and longest session the world has ever seen, once we are all in the clear, not before.

Advertisement