Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Ordered something yesterday and it actually turned up today. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭ArrBee

dan1895 wrote: »
    When you order online the default is for the order to be shipped from a distribution center in the UK. However if there is plenty of stock of everything in the Dublin store the system will recognize this and the order will go through Dublin.

It's a pity then that you can't arrange a delivery online when there is stock in dublin but not at their online distribution centers. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Does anyone know if Ikea are delivering to outside of Dublin?

I have been trying most of today to check out but every time I put in my eircode it says they cant calculate at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Anyone have issues with items breaking on delivery?

Ikea need to bulk up their protection, the box it came in was a disgrace. The fragile tape was on the bottom of the box with normal tape at the top

this is our 3rd order in a row with stuff broke, today was at least 50% of the order smashed.

Ceramics, glass, even a wooden fruit holder was cracked! :)

in terms of delivery the wife tried ordering Saturday but said there was no delivery time, tried again Sunday and it went through for delivery tomorrow, but we got it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

jrosen wrote: »

I have been trying most of today to check out but every time I put in my eircode it says they cant calculate at this time.

I tried ordering today and got the same error message regarding delivery from four different postcodes I used so I called them.

They said there seems to be a major flaw on the Irish system. Many items are stated as being available online. However, once you go to the checkout and are asked to put in your eircode you find out that IKEA won't deliver.

This is because some items in the basket are not actually in stock meaning you have to go through each item on the shopping list one-by-one, go to checkout, enter postcode, and then find out if delivery is available. This is incredibly tedious, I had to give up as it wasn't worth looking at each of my 20 or so items one by one.

A terrible process! They blamed Brexit. How difficult can it be for them to outline accurately on their website which items are actually available online and which aren't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

I ordered a kitchen island on Tuesday and it came on Wednesday. Maybe I just got lucky that there was a delivery van scheduled to head down this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FluffPiece

My item was delivered randomly yesterday by Fastway. This is the one that was long overdue and marked for delivery a number of weeks ago.

All items were squashed into a saloon car and across the back seat so that would explain a number of damages for some people maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Ordered a few sets of shelves, couple of rugs and a few smaller bits 2 weeks ago. Was given delivery date at Feb 3rd.

Email last Friday confirming delivery date of today.
    Text yesterday confirming delivery.
    Text this morning with one hour delivery window.

Delivered within the delivery window.

Can't fault it. Seems like they have sorted their issues

I tried ordering today and got the same error message regarding delivery from four different postcodes I used so I called them.

They said there seems to be a major flaw on the Irish system. Many items are stated as being available online. However, once you go to the checkout and are asked to put in your eircode you find out that IKEA won't deliver.

This is because some items in the basket are not actually in stock meaning you have to go through each item on the shopping list one-by-one, go to checkout, enter postcode, and then find out if delivery is available. This is incredibly tedious, I had to give up as it wasn't worth looking at each of my 20 or so items one by one.

A terrible process! They blamed Brexit. How difficult can it be for them to outline accurately on their website which items are actually available online and which aren't.

Funny I got through today and the guy said that the delivery slots for my area must be all booked up and basically to keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭gipi

I put in an order on Monday evening, was offered a delivery slot today, I have rescheduled for Friday next (Co Louth)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

I just managed to get my order in, to Limerick. Put the eircode in and scroll down, it should give you a delivery date. My delivery is in 8 weeks! But I'm in no rush so the wait is fine.

Thanks all, finally today it gave the option of delivery. ill probably remember something later I didnt add.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

We have been looking at putting in an order for the last week and the delivery not being available thing comes and goes. Same post code every time (Outside of Dublin) and just at sometimes it works and other times it doesn't (maybe related to business hours, but don't know that for sure)

One super weird thing is that we were building the order on their website where my Wife was logged in, and yesterday we went to add something else to the order and it just completely emptied our cart, had to do it all again.

What is available changes really often so if there is something important you are looking to add to your order, keep checking. There was some stuff that wasn't available for delivery two days ago that came back in yesterday and vice versa.

Another thing I thought was kind of interesting is that they split our order into two, most stuff coming via their truck, with a couple of kallax boxes (the boxes that go into kallax slots) being delivered by DPD. Price of postage stayed the same (€75)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Same thing kept happening to me regarding my basket...kept emptying so I made a wish list and kept saving it. When my list was completed I just added all to basket.
    They are sending all my order by truck except the Lots mirror which is being posted tomorrow...no extra charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Badabing1

I could have sworn the delivery price in my basket the other day was €15, today it's 50€? Anyone else come across this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Badabing1 wrote: »
    I could have sworn the delivery price in my basket the other day was €15, today it's 50€? Anyone else come across this?

It changes depending on what you have in your cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Badabing1

Darc19 wrote: »

Yeah I thought it might have been that but tried it with different selections and still 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BlueSkys102

Placed an order the 1st week of February for a couple of items just to try and freshen up the house during lockdown. When I saw delivery was the 15th I thought great! 15th of Feb has come and gone for me to only realize delivery wont be until the 15th of March!! Had there of been anyway to confirm delivery date before placing the order I don't think I would have bother!

At this rate I'm getting stuff delivered from Ali Express quicker than Ikea!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭bb12

i've been trying to complete an order for the last week and keep getting the no delivery slots available message. i live in north co dublin. has anyone else been having the same trouble getting a delivery slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

bb12 wrote: »
    i've been trying to complete an order for the last week and keep getting the no delivery slots available message. i live in north co dublin. has anyone else been having the same trouble getting a delivery slot?

Yes. I'm in D9, and keep getting that message. It's an absolute pain in the hoop. I'm really hoping that they might be open for click and collect next month, although to be honest, I'm expecting to be disappointed....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FluffPiece

Placed an order the 1st week of February for a couple of items just to try and freshen up the house during lockdown. When I saw delivery was the 15th I thought great! 15th of Feb has come and gone for me to only realize delivery wont be until the 15th of March!! Had there of been anyway to confirm delivery date before placing the order I don't think I would have bother!

At this rate I'm getting stuff delivered from Ali Express quicker than Ikea!

Have they changed it? Last time I ordered was November but I booked a delivery slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I ordered something at the start of February to rural Galway, Gave a delivery date for €15 of the 22nd seems to have been dispatched in the UK and has a DPD tracking number

From past experience DPD tracking wont work until it gets to DPD athlone so it could still arrive to me Monday.

I would imagine they are getting swamped with orders

No delivery slots yesterday or today- this is obviously a common occurrence at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭bb12

No delivery slots yesterday or today- this is obviously a common occurrence at this stage.

i've been trying to get a delivery slot for nearly 2 weeks now and still no luck.
    just had a look at ikea belfast and i could get a delivery to northern ireland within 4 days.
    ikea dublin need to get the finger out

bb12 wrote: »
    i've been trying to get a delivery slot for nearly 2 weeks now and still no luck.
    just had a look at ikea belfast and i could get a delivery to northern ireland within 4 days.
    ikea dublin need to get the finger out

I'll give up for another while so- might look elsewhere as the item i need to get is required in the coming weeks- so even if i do get a delivery date, it's likely to be April by the time it arrives, judging by what people are saying here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Yes. I'm in D9, and keep getting that message. It's an absolute pain in the hoop. I'm really hoping that they might be open for click and collect next month, although to be honest, I'm expecting to be disappointed....

So I just thought I'd try again on Friday, and my delivery is due tomorrow!! WTF, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭raxy

I'll give up for another while so- might look elsewhere as the item i need to get is required in the coming weeks- so even if i do get a delivery date, it's likely to be April by the time it arrives, judging by what people are saying here.

Do you have a friend's/relative's address that you could use for delivery? Maybe there's something about your address that their system will not accept it for delivery?
    I've added a few different things to a basket & get delivery in 4 days each time but I did have problems with an order before that it would not send all the items I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭cudsy1

Darc19 wrote: »

i assume the above answers my question of - anyone know what they mean by: 'Large Delivery Options- from €50'

?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

after weeks of trying i gave it another go yesterday and managed to get a delivery date for the 24th feb :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭d15ude

Purchase date: 27.01.2021

Status today:
    Preparing your order
    Estimated 23 Feb 2021, 07:00 - 19:00

Not looking good...

Advertisement