Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The last Album You Listened to.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

This arrived today. Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

R-137791-1173022765.jpeg.jpg

Got this album on vinyl on Monday. I had the CD but lost it some years back and just had the case which was so frustrating. Adding to the frustration it seems to be unusually difficult to find a digital copy of it for some reason.

Really enjoyable listening back, not everyone's cuppa tea by any stretch but I just love Mike Paradinas's quirky style of music, nobody marries harsh distorted percussion with beautiful, whimsical melodies as good as this guy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Bought a few crates of wax off my buddy who is downsizing and moving to the sticks.
    This was one that I knew I'd like so played it through last night before bed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

jiltloop wrote: »
    Really enjoyable listening back, not everyone's cuppa tea by any stretch but I just love Mike Paradinas's quirky style of music, nobody marries harsh distorted percussion with beautiful, whimsical melodies as good as this guy.

Check out Bogdan Raczynski and Chris Clark for other juxtaposition of harshness and melody. If you haven't already.

Yeah I'm a big fan of Bodgan, have been for years and was even lucky enough to catch an Aphex Twin gig in Temple bar years agao where he was supporting along with Ovuca. My dream gig!

Chris Clark I'm aware of but haven't really explored, I will do so now. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Ram - Paul & Linda McCartney

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Weezer - OK Human. Very little guitar. Strings recorded at Abbey Road. surprisingly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭bullpost

Paris 1919 - John Cale.

So different to the VU but brilliant.

This is sublime:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

The last album I listened to was How Dare You! by 10cc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The last album I listened to was How Dare You! by 10cc.
    That's weird, I'm listening to 10cc right now and it's probably 25 years since I listened to them :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

The Psychedelic Sounds Of The 13th Floor Elevators - The 13th Floor Elevators

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Office Politics by The Divine Comedy. Funny it's been possibly years since I listened to an album through.

The last album I listened to was No Need to Argue by The Cranberries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

American Idiot

Was never a fan of Green Day but credit where it's due. This album is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭mehico

Pacific Ocean Blue by Denis Wilson.

I only heard this for the first time recently and it's a great sounding album. It definitely sounds of its time, but in a good way.

The last album I listened to was Harvest Moon by Neil Young.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

The last album I listen to was Live and Dangerous.

I’m sure I don’t have to say who it was by but just in case..:......... Thin Lizzy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

blade1 wrote: »
    That's weird, I'm listening to 10cc right now and it's probably 25 years since I listened to them :eek:

I heard their name mentioned on the wireless the other day and started reminiscing of a gig I went to probably about 10 years ago in the pod (or one of the venue rooms in that complex).
    I would be of a different generation to most 10cc fans and was actually surprised that they were still performing back then. Was a good gig and at least there was nobody shooting and rubber bullets at it :D

Seve OB wrote: »
    I heard their name mentioned on the wireless the other day and started reminiscing of a gig I went to probably about 10 years ago in the pod (or one of the venue rooms in that complex).
    I would be of a different generation to most 10cc fans and was actually surprised that they were still performing back then. Was a good gig and at least there was nobody shooting and rubber bullets at it :D

Graham Gouldman, the only remaining original member, has kept the 10cc name going.

The last album I listened to was Sparticus by The Farm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

mehico wrote: »
    Pacific Ocean Blue by Denis Wilson.

I only heard this for the first time recently and it's a great sounding album. It definitely sounds of its time, but in a good way.

A lost classic. Was very hard to get for a time in the 1990s but got a great 3LP and 2CD reissue in the 2000s.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Mainstream. The third and final Lloyd Cole and The Commotions album.

Mainstream. The third and final Lloyd Cole and The Commotions album.

Underrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

Carrie and Lowell by Sufjan Stevens. One of the best albums of the 21st Century

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

“Document” by REM. Really good.

Johnny Hates Jazz - Turn Back The Clock
    Still a "calculated miseryfest" almost 33 years later. Great sounding album.

The last album I listened to was Electronic by Electronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Talk Talk - The Colour of Spring

Vico1612 wrote: »
    Talk Talk - The Colour of Spring

What a fantastic band.

• Advertisement

The last album I listened to was Nevermind by Nirvana

Advertisement