Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drumnigh Manor, Portmarnock

• 08-02-2021 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I’m looking to put a deposit down on a house in Drumnigh Manor. Given the lockdown, its been really hard to find out more about the development and get a sense of what it would be like to live there. I was hoping to find out more details from anyone currently living there or also looking:
    - What is the development like so far (break-ins, street lights, road, playground)?
    - Any issues with the houses or builders (snag lists, HRV system, getting wifi)
    - Are the houses well sound proofed? (From planes overhead and from a-joining houses)
    - Experience with Nolan kitchens (making changes/upgrades to the planned kitchen)

We’re really keen on the house, but given the pace of development in Portmarnock there seems to be issues with other developments (Station Manor and Drumnigh Wood) so want to do as much homework as possible.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MaryDublin19

I've sent you a private message Connor!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

I would also like to hear more about this development if anyone has any info?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MCPS

Hi myself and my partner bought a house here when it was first launched and the neighbours are amazing. There is a community WhatsApp group, people are friendly and respectful. Lots of dogs so the estate is definitely pet friendly in the best way possible also a mix of young couples and families which is great. Also looked at Station manor and Marnocks bay but the quality of Drumnigh Manor did not compare. We never had any issues with the build but the heating system was tricky to work out but with the help of the WhatsApp group we all got the hang of it.
    The estate is part of the malahide garda neighbourhood watch program and hasn’t had any issues to date.
    We changed our kitchen and some people have had the option and some people were not allowed so I am not sure what way it works for the next phase.

The house is so warm, bills are minimal and you can’t hear the aircraft when the windows are closed. You can hear them when in the garden but it really depends on how sensitive you are to that type of noise. It didn’t bother us and you just get used to it really. Hope this helps.

connor1234 wrote: »
    Hi,

I’m looking to put a deposit down on a house in Drumnigh Manor. Given the lockdown, its been really hard to find out more about the development and get a sense of what it would be like to live there. I was hoping to find out more details from anyone currently living there or also looking:
    - What is the development like so far (break-ins, street lights, road, playground)?
    - Any issues with the houses or builders (snag lists, HRV system, getting wifi)
    - Are the houses well sound proofed? (From planes overhead and from a-joining houses)
    - Experience with Nolan kitchens (making changes/upgrades to the planned kitchen)

We’re really keen on the house, but given the pace of development in Portmarnock there seems to be issues with other developments (Station Manor and Drumnigh Wood) so want to do as much homework as possible.

Thanks!

Interested in this development too.

It seems like they are into phase 2, how progressed is the building into phase 2?

EDIT: I spoke to the sales agent, they reckon Phase 2 will be nearing completion in Q4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Hi Mary. Any chance you could send me the same info?

• Advertisement

Ended up putting down a deposit on one of the remaining 3 bed plus family room homes. It would have been my preference to get a semi-d or end of terrace 4 bed but we'd have to wait until the end of the year for Phase II which was too long for us.

We were able to head down to view the showhouse and the house itself. Very nice estate, the showhouse was excellent, our potential house still has to have all the fixtures and fittings installed approx 6-7 weeks more interior work is needed which they will start once we go sale agreed.

Lots of young couples with young kids or dogs or both :pac:

I hadn't been down that way in a while and the Moyne road upgrade is well under way, that whole area is going to be transformed. The direct connecting of Drumnigh road to hole in the road will take away a bad drawback of that area namely dangerous road and poor walking/cycling infrastructure. If the creation of the pedestrian bridge over the train tracks is eventuality completed that will make the walk to the dart much quicker and safer.

So it looks like were buying our first home :)

cisk wrote: »
    Ended up putting down a deposit on one of the remaining 3 bed plus family room homes. It would have been my preference to get a semi-d or end of terrace 4 bed but we'd have to wait until the end of the year for Phase II which was too long for us.

We were able to head down to view the showhouse and the house itself. Very nice estate, the showhouse was excellent, our potential house still has to have all the fixtures and fittings installed approx 6-7 weeks more interior work is needed which they will start once we go sale agreed.

Lots of young couples with young kids or dogs or both :pac:

I hadn't been down that way in a while and the Moyne road upgrade is well under way, that whole area is going to be transformed. The direct connecting of Drumnigh road to hole in the road will take away a bad drawback of that area namely dangerous road and poor walking/cycling infrastructure. If the creation of the pedestrian bridge over the train tracks is eventuality completed that will make the walk to the dart much quicker and safer.

So it looks like were buying our first home :)

Congratulations. How does the purchase work? They just let you pick and you hand over what, 10% and you're in?

Thanks!

I initially registered interest on the website and the next day the sales agent sent me the few remaining houses on a price-list and the brochure with the site plan etc. We decided on one and paid the 5k booking deposit and got the ball rolling, i got a solicitor lined up and we arranged to go down to the estate, the estate agent had the site foreman unlock the doors for us so we got to walk around by ourselves.

Once we decided we we're going ahead i sent my solicitors details to the sales agent and they are going to instruct their solicitor to draw up and send the contract to our solicitor. I'm thinking it should be pretty much ready to go as they've completed the sale of approx 60 of these houses already.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sparkle109

Congrats!

Do you mind sharing how much the 3beds are?
    Thanks!

I initially registered interest on the website and the next day the sales agent sent me the few remaining houses on a price-list and the brochure with the site plan etc. We decided on one and paid the 5k booking deposit and got the ball rolling, i got a solicitor lined up and we arranged to go down to the estate, the estate agent had the site foreman unlock the doors for us so we got to walk around by ourselves.

Once we decided we we're going ahead i sent my solicitors details to the sales agent and they are going to instruct their solicitor to draw up and send the contract to our solicitor. I'm thinking it should be pretty much ready to go as they've completed the sale of approx 60 of these houses already.

Thanks. According to the price list I got last week there is one regular 3 bed semi d left, this is a two storey with a parking space on the street. That’s €525k.

There is a centre 3 storey 3 bed plus family from with a drive at €540k

The family room is basically an extra sitting room on the first floor. This is the type we went for.

Looks like phase II is going to have more houses than phase I but currently they haven’t done much more than groundwork. I’d say Q4 is optimistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 hbvivek

Hi Mary,

Appreciate you sharing the info with me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hbvivek

All,

We are looking forward to purchasing a 4 bedroom post viewing. The video / virtual walkthru of the 4 bedroom looks stunning..

Will be coming in to see the show house as soon as lockdown ends.. Was told 5K refundable deposit is needed for viewing !!

We moved from India to Ireland couple of years back... House buying here / process is new. Appreciate if some resident can spare a few mins and answer some queries...

- What is the per month / annual maitenance for the place ?
    - From a security standpoint - do they have CCTV's installed / monitored ?
    - Or Have residents installed CCTV's at own costs for respective houses ?
    - Does anyone have kids going to Senior schools ? Google search shows they are a bit far for a walk.. Which Senior schools do your kids go to ?
    - Is there any private transportation (arranged by residents) to get kids to schools ?
    - Is there a pathway / esy access to Portmarnock dart station ?
    - Drumnigh manor brouchure mentions "Daikin Altherma3 energy efficient A+++/A++ heating & hot water rated, air to water heat pump system. " - Do they provide as mentioned ?
    - Another thread mentions "houses are not equipped with Heat Recovery Ventilation (MVHR) but with Mechanical Extract Ventilation (MEV). " - What does that mean ?

Any other pointers highy appreciated..

Thank you for your time..

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭brio09

If the creation of the pedestrian bridge over the train tracks is eventuality completed that will make the walk to the dart much quicker and safer.
    You mentioned the pedestrian bridge - is that something you could share a pic of, if you have it, or suggest if I can find it out on google maps? maps satellite imagery is woefully outdated when it comes to dublin construction.
    I'm looking at drumnigh manor vs skylark vs buying a old build somewhere, and its been concerning that the walk from DM to dart is really long whereas the timeline for skylark phase 4 is really long (and uncertain)

Sure, you can see it on google maps if you see the dirt trail across the train tracks. I’ve attached a screenshot.

Unfortunately all of Phase II Drumnigh Manor and the rest of skylark will probably be completed first. At the moment they’ve just about broken ground on Phase II DM, so it could be over a year minimum. And while there has been some optimistic noises by the developers on each side nothing formal exists in the planning of either development.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭brio09

Sure, you can see it on google maps if you see the dirt trail across the train tracks. I’ve attached a screenshot.

Unfortunately all of Phase II Drumnigh Manor and the rest of skylark will probably be completed first. At the moment they’ve just about broken ground on Phase II DM, so it could be over a year minimum. And while there has been some optimistic noises by the developers on each side nothing formal exists in the planning of either development.

ah, the same as we see in g-maps. helpful to get the additional context, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

If you really wanted to see the bridge, you can access that field via an open gate at the top of the Lawn. It's a farmer's cabbage field.

Edit: Also, it's worth pointing out that a walkway connection between Drumnigh Manor and the DART station via the bridge and St. Marnock's Bay is by no means certain.

The Skylark phase in progress does not cover the sliver of land next to where the view and the lawn meet. So any plans for a walkway would likely be in a future phase. Unsure if this would be the next phase, or a much later phase. There are no details on the master plan for the area.

There's also the cabbage field which still belongs to the farmer and is not currently for sale. I'm unsure if it is zoned residential as part of the Portmarnock South LAP.

Finally Irish Rail would likely have concerns about the current red brick bridge being used as a walkway. Maybe they would insist on it being rebuilt or redesigned with higher walls.

Either way, there are a lot of moving parts that have to happen before Drumnigh Manor residents can access the train station 'shortcut'. It's probably years away imo.

The flyover is completely dependent of agreement from the developer on the other side

• Registered Users Posts: 10 molotov10_0

Hi there,

We viewed the show houses today with a view to potentially buying a 4 bed with study as part of Phase 2. I am looking to get some opinions from people with young children in terms of primary schools and afterschool clubs - are there any that you would particularly recommend? Any advice or information is much appreciated.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Aureli

Hi there,

We viewed the show houses today with a view to potentially buying a 4 bed with study as part of Phase 2. I am looking to get some opinions from people with young children in terms of primary schools and afterschool clubs - are there any that you would particularly recommend? Any advice or information is much appreciated.

Cheers!

What price is the 4 bed with Study? And when will they be ready? I rang today and was told they'd call me back but heard nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 10 molotov10_0

Aureli wrote: »
    What price is the 4 bed with Study? And when will they be ready? I rang today and was told they'd call me back but heard nothing

Hi there. Price is €600k. We’ve been told that they are due for completion in Q1 next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 bungalow

Hi there. Price is €600k. We’ve been told that they are due for completion in Q1 next year.

Thanks. Need to check out the area schools, shops, transport

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

The walk to Portmarnock DART station from the estate is less than 10 mins.

MarkN wrote: »
    The walk to Portmarnock DART station from the estate is less than 10 mins.

I did a tester for that walk and it took 20 mins

bilbot79 wrote: »

Ok well you must walk very slowly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

bilbot79 wrote: »

I would agree more with this tbh.

This estate is on the edge of nowhere. You'd be a considerably longer walk again from the shops, schools, beach. With Portmarnock traffic as it is, especially on the weekends, driving everywhere would be frustrating too.

We looked at Drumnigh Wood a few years back and felt it was just too far away from the village to be worth the price.

I’m only speaking from experience of living there almost two years. 20 mins to Portmarnock village. There’s no way on earth it’s 20 to the DART. It is a bit off the beaten track for shops, it’s a jump in the car job.

Google puts it as 14 mins to the dart but I walked briskly from the back of the estate whereas google calculates from the entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sanparom

Hi there, we recently put down a booking deposit for one of the houses in Drumnigh Manor. I know that they are saying that it will be Q1 of 2022 before completion, but does anyone think that they might be finished sooner? How long has it been taking (Covid aside) from foundations being laid to houses being completed?

Also, is there any private group anywhere for those of us who are buying to chat together? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Sanparom wrote: »
    Hi there, we recently put down a booking deposit for one of the houses in Drumnigh Manor. I know that they are saying that it will be Q1 of 2022 before completion, but does anyone think that they might be finished sooner? How long has it been taking (Covid aside) from foundations being laid to houses being completed?

Also, is there any private group anywhere for those of us who are buying to chat together? Thanks.

We've put down our deposit too; the estate agent told us end of this year or early Q1 but our solicitor is representing other people who've bought in the phase and they were told Apr/May 22.

If it's a timber frame build it shouldn't take long to go up, it'll be interiors etc that take the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Sanparom

We've put down our deposit too; the estate agent told us end of this year or early Q1 but our solicitor is representing other people who've bought in the phase and they were told Apr/May 22.

If it's a timber frame build it shouldn't take long to go up, it'll be interiors etc that take the time!

Thanks Lollipops, April/May seems so far away. We are selling our own property so trying to factor that in. Might have to rent for a few months!

Advertisement