Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anything Maiden

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭peter4918

Mushy wrote: »
    A cool concept, have listened in to a few so may add this to the list

Anyone listening to Powerslave? First time into a listening party but really enjoying the concept of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

peter4918 wrote: »
    Anyone listening to Powerslave? First time into a listening party but really enjoying the concept of it!

That was deadly

For everyone not acquainted with Tim’s listening party just go to iron Maidens Twitter and all the bands comments are there

I don’t think they care too much about it at this stage as Carole King or Chaka Khan or whatever other pop artist is nominated this year will get it before them anyway so from their point of view says it all really.

Hearing a lot of Carole king lately a shoe in I’d say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I don’t think they care too much about it at this stage as Carole King or Chaka Khan or whatever other pop artist is nominated this year will get it before them anyway so from their point of view says it all really.

Ice-T must be sickened his rival LL Cool J getting a nom aswell as Jay-Z who one of his big songs (maybe the only one on these shores even?) was a take on one of his songs not to mention also being in an actual rock band, a protest band at that pre-date RATM even if only by a number of months. I don't understand the logic.

It's actually an opportune year for them to induct Maiden.

Bruce has spoken that it's not his audience and more or less belittled them with comments over the years, the guy would probably rather a Metal Hammer award.

You forgot to mention Foo's probably a cert, the old head Rock n Rollers seem to love fawning over Grohl and the type of act that they should gain more attention from due to being relevant in pop today.

Bailey is the only recorded member not nominated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,479 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That was deadly

For everyone not acquainted with Tim’s listening party just go to iron Maidens Twitter and all the bands comments are there

I would say go to the tims twitter listening party website and replay it while listening, would give a better idea of what they're on about (unless you just want to read the tweets, I won't tell ye what to do)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Bailey is the only recorded member not nominated

Yeah, I thought that wa a tad harsh considering Dennis Stratton was only on the first album. Fair enough, there's no comparison between it and The X Factor/Virtual X, but still....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭bonzothedog

hi if anyone has access to presale I'd be delighted to get 2 tickets PM me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

hi if anyone has access to presale I'd be delighted to get 2 tickets PM me

Did you try signing up for presale .. bit.ly/IronMaiden-SignUp.. sorry just seen link is now closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Giving this a bump... Nicked from the band's sub Reddit.. Seems they've started with the promo for the new album.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ironmaiden/comments/oadm6v/megathread_potential_viral_campaign_surrounding_a/

Seventh Son listening party on Friday 9th July 8pm. @listening_party

I enjoyed the Powerslave one so I will be tuning in again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

Tonight at 6pm on their YouTube channel something is being revealed/announced. Hopefully some new music 👹

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yup, the teasing ends this evening... Album #17 is a coming.

I Like it.... as will Netflix who have an intro for their next docudrama!

Cool video too with a strong message.

The vinyl for Senjutsu is pricey isn’t it!

I pre-ordered the black vinyl, the red marble ones are a bit too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

If anyone is interested the triple vinyl recent release of the Mexico concert (Nights of the Dead), is €25 in Golden Discs. I got the double CD booklet there recently too for just €8.

Not only that, it's the triple coloured vinyl, i have it and 25 is a cracking price

Another new song dropping tonight at 6pm. "Stratego"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Not mad on this one, preferred the first tune. That synth they're using is shockin bad

Had one listen via youtube and I thought the mix was terrible. Hopefully it sounds better on CD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Just had a listen to the new tunes. On the laptop, so not great sound. But like the both of them. I guess it's nothing groundbreaking. But still pretty good for guys who have been producing albums for over 40 years.

A lot of people are saying the sound quality is crap on youtube but is miles better on spotify etc. Personally I love it, nice catchy chorus and it seems they've finally bought Nicko some decent drum mics!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Hope everybody is enjoying Senjutsu🤘

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Loving it! Its a bit all over the place but pretty epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Hell on earth... hook it up to my veins

In what way do you think it’s all over the place? I think from start to finish it flows pretty well. I think they are out and out prog now and personally I think it’s brilliant.

They thanked a good few former members in the sleeve notes…is this the last album? By the time they finish off the legacy of the beast tour dates and tour Senjutsu it’s be a couple of years, so who knows I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭savemejebus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭rainagain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Sounds good. I have excellent reproductions of the classic Eddie Christmas cards on adverts for sale at the moment. These are extremely rare, and hard to come by. There are only two of them on eBay at the moment. None of these cards is low resolution. In fact, most of them have been scanned from the original sources such as adverts, calendars, fanzines, etc. The only two that are not as high res are 1980 (it's a bit grainy but still sharp) and the 1981 card. Here they are on adverts.

https://www.adverts.ie/memorabilia/vintage-iron-maiden-christmas-eddie-cards/25375044

Been listening to Senjutsu as often as I get spare time since CHristmas. Wow. I think it's amazing.

I may be in the minority, but I think the last 2 albums are up there with the best they have ever done. And I dont consider myself a fairweather or jump on the bandwagon fan. Bought their debut album over 30 years ago, and have been following them since. I just think the quality of Book of Souls and Senjutsu to be exceptional. I cannot stop listening to the second CD of Senjutsu, especially the last 2 songs. And Empire of the Clouds on ...Souls is an epic.#

Cannot wait to catch them live again (hopefully).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,644 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

My Christmas card finally arrived today..... 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭michael.dublin

almost 40 years listing to maiden, major influence in my life, so thanks maiden "up the irons"

funny but i find that metal fans stick around more, then the "new artist" fans,

• Advertisement

Of course we do, because it's a way of life, not a fad

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Bombaby1974

Roll on Belfast June 13th & June 26th (Paris). Getting excited now!!!

Wonder will they play the longer songs from the new album. 3 of those would talk up a third of the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Bombaby1974

Anyone heading abroad to see Maiden?

I'm obviously going to Belfast but I'm also heading over to Paris on the 26th. Really looking forward to both gigs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

Not heading abroad but going to belfast

• Advertisement

Seeing in Belgium....SCREAM FOR ME GRASPOP!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Enjoy this evening to everyone going to Belfast....Live after death cover is one of my favorite...Wonder will they have it on a Tshirt for this tour??

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Registered Users Posts: 2 matemiso

I was in Zagreb several weeks ago.

Maiden is still the best!

IRON MAIDEN NEW TRIPLE VINYL RELEASE TO COMMEMORATE 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF SEMINAL ALBUM.

THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST PLUS BEAST OVER HAMMERSMITH - COMING NOVEMBER 18TH 2022

Warner Music (BMG for the USA) are delighted to announce the release of a commemorative triple black vinyl album in honour of the 40th Anniversary of IRON MAIDEN’s seminal third album, The Number Of The Beast, which was also the first to feature Bruce Dickinson on vocals and was to become the record which catapulted the band to international stardom. Included in the new vinyl package is Beast Over Hammersmith - available now officially for the very first time on vinyl - featuring the live concert from March 1982’s now legendary Hammersmith Odeon London show from the Beast On The Road World Tour. Recorded only days before the release of The Number Of The Beast album, its remarkable to think these now classic songs at that time were still brand new, unfamiliar and being heard live by fans for the very first time. A real piece of history in the making.

it’ll be great to get Beast Over Hammersmith on vinyl and Gangland is being replaced by Total Eclipse on reissue of NOTB.

75Euro though, mad price for a basic triple vinyl

Just seeing the price, yeah €75 seems a bit steep alright but the way I look at it is, a lot of reissues or remasters are pricey these days. I see GNR are releasing remasters of Use your Illusions. 1/2 and they are €38 each. So for me a 40th anniversary edition of NOTB and a vinyl version BOHS for €75 probably isn’t too bad overall. So I’m in!

I'll probably still end up getting it.

Senjutsu, triple Silver & Black marble vinyl is now €37 on amazon, median price on discogs is 68

Senjutsu Silver & Black Marble https://amzn.eu/d/iXlhNsV

Iron Maiden - Future Past Tour 2023

24/6 Dublin

The Irons are back on a Saturday night no less!!

Yes you'll know venue in 20 mins as I don't have that info.

I saw that post on the Maiden Fans Forum, I'll wait for official confirmation, before I get too excited.

• Advertisement
Advertisement