Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We should have prison sentences for 20 years not 10

• 12-02-2021 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭I regurgitate the news

I've seen they've introduced a possible 10 year prison sentence in the UK for anyone lying about being in a red list country over there on arrival.

This is not enough. If we are going to beat this virus, 20 years as a minimum needs to be brought in in Ireland.

What's the point in bringing in these measures if they are not tough enough on the potential offenders.

Also, the 2,000 euros fine is nowhere near enough. It should be at least 10,000 and failure to pay should result in a prison sentence also.

When are people going to take this seriously?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭fran38

I give you 1/10 for this trolling effort. If this is a genuine opinion of yours then your a mentalist...

• *I regurgitate absolute tripe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

How about a public apology on the Late Late too?

Then 50 lashes, and a walk of shame, naked, down Grafton Street.

edit: I think I fell for an obvious troll.. if I did, lashes and a walk for me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Death penalty for anyone who breaches their 5km containment zone.

Death penalty requires too much paperwork. Summary execution is what you are after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭POBox19

I've seen they've introduced a possible 10 year prison sentence in the UK for anyone lying about being in a red list country over there on arrival.

This is not enough. If we are going to beat this virus, 20 years as a minimum needs to be brought in in Ireland.

What's the point in bringing in these measures if they are not tough enough on the potential offenders.

Also, the 2,000 euros fine is nowhere near enough. It should be at least 10,000 and failure to pay should result in a prison sentence also.

When are people going to take this seriously?

Really.
    Are you finished?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Start another thread like this and you'll get a holiday from the forum

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement