Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK vs USA - Sheep

• 08-02-2021 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭

It's a cross-Atlantic battle in this game of Sheep, as our near neighbours to the east go head-to-head against 'Murica across the pond

Please answer the following questions, and send an un-numbered list of your answers to me by PM:

1. A city in the UK (not London)
    2. A city in the USA (not New York)
    3. A county in the UK beginning with the letter S
    4. A state in the USA beginning with the letter M
    5. A prime minister of the UK (1960-2000)
    6. A president of the USA (1960-2000)
    7. A team who has won the English Premier League (1995-2020)
    8. A team who had won the Super Bowl (2010-2020)
    9. A TV show based in London
    10. A TV show based in New York
    11. A famous building or landmark in the UK
    12. A famous building or landmark in the USA
    13. A UK singer/band who had a #1 song from 2018-2020
    14. A USA singer/band who had a #1 song in 2020
    15. A word that can either follow the word ‘British’ or ‘English’
    16. A word that can follow the word ‘American’

(e.g., if I asked for a word that can follow the word ‘Irish’, you could say Irish Independent, Irish Sea, Irish wolfhound, etc.)

Note: I would also like you to nominate one of your answers which you think will definitely Sheep. Bonus points will be awarded if you are correct, but be warned, because points will be deducted if you are wrong, so choose carefully :P

This is Sheep, so Google is allowed

I don't have a fixed date for the reveal in mind, I'll pencil it in for 2 weeks from now and we'll see how things go

Good luck :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,553 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

In!

Good idea Aaron..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

What happens if you don't nominate any answer? Do you just not get the bonus points or is there a penalty attached?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I’m in for this. Great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

What happens if you don't nominate any answer? Do you just not get the bonus points or is there a penalty attached?

Like I said, points will be deducted if you are wrong, so I woud just hand out the maximum point deduction by default :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

In, please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Answers In.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It's ages since I have done one of these - remind me, Sheep is to get as many of the same answers as everyone else, right? :o

miamee wrote: »
    It's ages since I have done one of these - remind me, Sheep is to get as many of the same answers as everyone else, right? :o

Yes, it is indeed :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Great, consider me in :D Thanks aaron!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Entered. thanks

• Advertisement

Do the No. 1 songs have to be in the UK and USA charts? I.e. UK artist in UK charts, US artist in USA charts?

ETA: nevermind, actually I don't think it really matters :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I tried this without Google, I will be surprised if my music answers are even correct, nevermind popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Answers in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm in.

Mostly managed off the top of my head, but hit a wall with the music ones - I am SO not up on current music!!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

I'm in too. I think you'll find that I have the correct answers :D

Purgative wrote: »
    I'm in too. I think you'll find that I have the correct answers :D

Ah, but it's a SHEEP, so you need the rest of us to have the correct answers as well ;)

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Ah, but it's a SHEEP, so you need the rest of us to have the correct answers as well ;)

That's the big problem :)

I’m in

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Entry submitted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,553 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Entry submitted

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Ya'll are busting out the games lately :cool:

I'll need a notepad to keep track of all the ones that I've entered :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I'm in!

Ya'll are busting out the games lately :cool:

I'll need a notepad to keep track of all the ones available that I've entered :pac:

Or you could just do a search of Forum Games!

Or you could just do a search of Forum Games!

I meant, keep track of what I've nominated in the games.

I can remember some things I've nominated, but can't always remember which game they were for :pac:

I meant, keep track of what I've nominated in the games.

I can remember some things I've nominated, but can't always remember which game they were for :pac:

Well, you can check your sent PMs for starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

In when I find my thinking cap.

Should be later today.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

'This is Sheep, so Google is allowed'

Just as well, because my knowledge of either the Super Bowl or the English Premier League would fit on a postage stamp and there would be space left over :D

• Advertisement

Interesting useless info - when googling 'American superbowl winners' there are fireworks that pop up on the main page lol!

Never seen that when googling anything before.

& there's no fire works for the Premier league google page! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Interesting useless info - when googling 'American superbowl winners' there are fireworks that pop up on the main page lol!

Never seen that when googling anything before.

& there's no fire works for the Premier league google page! :pac:

It's because this year's Super Bowl literally just happened on Sunday

It's because this year's Super Bowl literally just happened on Sunday

Oh so its only temporary? I've never seen it before. Not that I do be googling premier league & superbowl on the regular :pac:

Oh so its only temporary? I've never seen it before. Not that I do be googling premier league & superbowl on the regular :pac:

Yeah, it's temporary. Think they do it for things like Eurovision and the like as well.

Yeah, it's temporary. Think they do it for things like Eurovision and the like as well.

I see. Never seen it before. Thought it was cool & showed it to the boss of the house earlier & he was like 'yeah thats the superbowl thats just been won by so & so mam, its all over Tik Tok'. :D

And with Zaph's entry less than an hour ago, we are already up to 30 participants :)

With the number of sign-ups much higher than I expected, I'm going to close sign-ups next Tuesday at 6pm, with the reveal taking place the following day. So if anyone plans on getting an entry in, you still have plenty of time :)

• Advertisement

And with Zaph's entry less than an hour ago, we are already up to 30 participants :)

With the number of sign-ups much higher than I expected, I'm going to close sign-ups next Tuesday at 6pm, with the reveal taking place the following day. So if anyone plans on getting an entry in, you still have plenty of time :)

With all the interest lately in Sheeps and all the newer participants and others who have lately returned to this area of the Forum Games, you could have about 60 by then! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

In. :-)

just to be sure, a word that can follow British OR a word that can follow English?
    like not one word that can follow either........

bubblypop wrote: »

just to be sure, a word that can follow British OR a word that can follow English?
    like not one word that can follow either........

It can follow just one, or it can follow both, all are acceptable :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

And I'm in!

Some great questions there aaron, some are very tricky.
    The UK Counties was impossible - I grew up there so can name about 10 and have lived in two, but I've no idea what everyone else will think of!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

And I'm in!

The UK Counties was impossible - I grew up there so can name about 10 and have lived in two, but I've no idea what everyone else will think of!

I had to google them..... initially had a place that was not a county. So many popular counties with S's.

And I'm in!

I’m counting on you to have at least picked the same S as me!

Strawberryshire? :D

You know where my dad lives, right? :p

You people are lucky that I'm a benevolent host, I've had to remind about a dozen people to nominate a Sheep for the potential bonus, if I were crueller there would have been a lot of penalty points deducted :p

I was born in an 's' County...... But is it popular enough for everyone else to know it??!

You people are lucky that I'm a benevolent host, I've had to remind about a dozen people to nominate a Sheep for the potential bonus, if I were crueller there would have been a lot of penalty points deducted :p

You should be crueller... they deserve to get their penalty points... it's a reward for those of us who read the OP properly...

giphy.gif

You should be crueller... they deserve to get their penalty points... it's a reward for those of us who read the OP properly...

giphy.gif
    I agree :D

We've never had it so good :)

I agree :D

give-in-to-temptation-we-must-not.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement