Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Buzzing for that !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,031 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Pretty telling they didn't put out any Super Bowl ads for any upcoming movies. Everything must be still up in the air

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Pretty telling they didn't put out any Super Bowl ads for any upcoming movies. Everything must be still up in the air

One would imagine all right; what's in the can anyway? Black Widow and ...? Eternals was finished production I think(?)

As to Falcon & Winter Soldier? Running with two bland characters I didn't care for the first time around in cinemas, I was never that stoked to begin with; the trailer certainly hasn't changed that tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Eternals, Black Widow and Shang Chi are all finished shooting i think , the 1st of those 2 should already be well out by now in a non covid world

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Has Wanda been ever called by her alias, Scarlett Witch, in the MCU?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭joficeduns1

I don't think so, no. I can see it happening soon though.

Feel they made a point of calling that out in one of the last episodes of Wandavision. I'm sure some reference to the name is coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭piwyudo0fhn57b

Can't wait for the films!

pixelburp wrote: »
    One would imagine all right; what's in the can anyway? Black Widow and ...? Eternals was finished production I think(?)

As to Falcon & Winter Soldier? Running with two bland characters I didn't care for the first time around in cinemas, I was never that stoked to begin with; the trailer certainly hasn't changed that tune.

I expect Falcon & Winter Soldier to be the opposite of the early episodes of Wandavision - lots of action minimal attempts at a unique take or depth (I'm talking comparatively, not saying Wandavision is especially strong in either department).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I expect Falcon & Winter Soldier to be the opposite of the early episodes of Wandavision - lots of action minimal attempts at a unique take or depth (I'm talking comparatively, not saying Wandavision is especially strong in either department).

Feige already said Falcon and the winter soldier will be your usual marvel movie just broken over 6 hours.

Loki seems to be bat crazy too so it’s a good idea to have a paint by the number series in the middle to break it up.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Feige already said Falcon and the winter soldier will be your usual marvel movie just broken over 6 hours.

Loki seems to be bat crazy too so it’s a good idea to have a paint by the number series in the middle to break it up.

I haven't watched the new trailer for it yet but I'm hoping that they'll at least try to touch on some mature themes in it, potentially race playing in taking on the shield, but I'm going in expecting that 6 hour action type series that some vocal elements seem to believe everything MCU would be.

Loki is the series I'm looking forward to the most and have the highest expectations for out of the initial three.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

No, part of the complexities of the Fox deal, I believe, and their ownership of "Mutants" - Wanda Maximoff is her name, but Scarlett Witch was her Mutant name. I did love the WandaVision reference to that though :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Doing the rewatch at the moment myself. Just finished Captain America The first Avenger last night. Looking forward to getting to the Avengers onwards I feel like the movies pick up pace from there on.

Up to the Winter Soldier now. Wow such a good film. Even better on a rewatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Up to the Winter Soldier now. Wow such a good film. Even better on a rewatch.

I finished black Panther last night! Looking forward to infinity war.

Winter soldier was superb, possibly my favourite on rewatch.

Was a bit sad watching BP knowing that Boseman is not with us anymore. I liked how he played the role and will be sorry not to see him in future movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭shawki

I read the initial run of Young Avengers last night and it was really good.

Really hope to see a Tv Show/Movie with that team.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

shawki wrote: »
    I read the initial run of Young Avengers last night and it was really good.

Really hope to see a Tv Show/Movie with that team.

That is going to be set up in the the TV shows starting in the Hawkeye series.

That is going to be set up in the the TV shows starting in the Hawkeye series.

It would interesting to see the team form at a time when unregistered heroes are still illegal.

There is quite a few projects where they could feature or hint at the existence of these characters.
    Wiccan - Wandavision
    Speed - Wandavision
    Teenage Vision - Wandavision
    Hulking - Captain Marvel 2/Secret Invasion
    Iron Lad - Ant-Man 3
    Stature - Ant-Man 3
    Patriot - Falcon and Winter Soldier

shawki wrote: »
    It would interesting to see the team form at a time when unregistered heroes are still illegal.

There is quite a few projects where they could feature or hint at the existence of these characters.
    Wiccan - Wandavision
    Speed - Wandavision
    Teenage Vision - Wandavision
    Hulking - Captain Marvel 2/Secret Invasion
    Iron Lad - Ant-Man 3
    Stature - Ant-Man 3
    Patriot - Falcon and Winter Soldier

And
    Iron Heart
    is getting her own show.

And
    Ms. Marvel
    also getting her own show.
    America Chavez
    also confirmed for
    Dr. Strange 2

And
    Iron Heart
    is getting her own show.

And
    Ms. Marvel
    also getting her own show.
    America Chavez
    also confirmed for
    Dr. Strange 2

Any of those would slot in nicely into a Young Avengers team.

On another note, I really hope the rumours about Jennifer Lawrence as Sue Storm are not true.

She really half-assed her performances in the X-Men movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

A lot of media online reporting that Gregg and Bennett are going to be in the Secret Invasion tv show as Coulson and Quake. I love Agents of Shield and I think Quake would be a wasted character if we don’t see her again.

• Advertisement

I could see them using Secret Invasion as a way to reintroduce the Netflix characters as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

GSPfan wrote: »
    A lot of media online reporting that Gregg and Bennett are going to be in the Secret Invasion tv show as Coulson and Quake. I love Agents of Shield and I think Quake would be a wasted character if we don’t see her again.

I enjoyed AoS but it got very silly even for the MCU.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I enjoyed AoS but it got very silly even for the MCU.

Really? In comparison to what? Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Thor Ragnorak? There’s a lot of silly in those movies. And two of them are arguably in the top 5 best MCU movies.

I think the final season wasn’t great because they went on a nostalgia trip through time to avoid dealing with the Blip on screen but the ending was great and it was solid throughout.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I have my qualms about the MCU but I'd be absolutely delighted, and go full fanboy, if they gave some of the AoS a time in the cinematic sun. It seems like an easy win for Disney to garner some brownie points though, and given they're courting past Spider-Man leads, why not AoS?

Really? In comparison to what? Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Thor Ragnorak? There’s a lot of silly in those movies. And two of them are arguably in the top 5 best MCU movies.

I think the final season wasn’t great because they went on a nostalgia trip through time to avoid dealing with the Blip on screen but the ending was great and it was solid throughout.

I'm more talking tone than concepts, in the same way that Avengers and Netflix Daredevil don't mesh tonally depsite being in the same universe, I don't think AoS meshes tonally. It's hard to describe but it was all a bit naff, fun but overly sentimental and the writing wasn't near the standards of the MCU movies. By the end I wasn't watching it as part of the same universe, it was just a show liked.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I'm more talking tone than concepts, in the same way that Avengers and Netflix Daredevil don't mesh tonally depsite being in the same universe, I don't think AoS meshes tonally. It's hard to describe but it was all a bit naff, fun but overly sentimental and the writing wasn't near the standards of the MCU movies. By the end I wasn't watching it as part of the same universe, it was just a show liked.

I really don’t see it. I think there’s so much variety in the Marvel catalogue now that it seems like there is no definitive tone. I also found the relationship of Fitz and Simmons was great. I watch Elizabeth Henstridge on YouTube now as she is doing live rewatches of AOS with other cast and crew.

Here’s a question....

If Phil Coulson and Daisy Johnson turned up in any of the upcoming shows would you think they were out of place?

If Phil Coulson and Daisy Johnson turned up in any of the upcoming shows would you think they were out of place?

For me, yes, which is weird given that Coulson started off in the MCU but he's now a chronocom or an LMD which we haven't seen in the movies. I think bringing Daisy in would be especially jarring because her powers are Avengers level good but the shows budget meant she was usually just throwing people across a room. My issues are very nitpicky, I'll be the first to admit it but yeh it wouldn't feel right to me.

First look at Spider-Man 3

spider-man-3-photo-featured.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=1.5
    spider-man-3-title-phone-home.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=1.5
    spider-man-3-photo-2.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=1.5
    spider-man-3-title-home-wrecker.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=1.5
    spider-man-3-photo-3.jpeg?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=1.5
    spider-man-3-title-homeslice.jpeg?q=50&fit=crop&w=750&dpr=1.5

I'm a little confused: each title is denoting ... what? The rumour this was going to involve parallel universes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'd say the titles represent the predicament each Spider-man finds himself in. Forgive me for some wild speculation:

Phone Home: Holland - represents the Spiderman primarily trying to sort out the Spider verse.

Home Slice: Maguire - represents the Spiderman who let himself go. Slice referring to the pizza gag maybe from Spiderman 2.

Home Wrecker: Garfield - could be something to do with his universe's MJ who we haven't been introduced to. Perhaps it's Peter himself who is the Home Wrecker in this scenario.

Advertisement