Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ARtist in the Spotlight - edinrunna

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭jackc101

Good reading so far; :D
    1. Battered Haggis?
    2. Battered Mars bar?
    3. Any other cultural delights you were surprised by there?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭edinrunna

jackc101 wrote: »
    Good reading so far; :D
    1. Battered Haggis?
    2. Battered Mars bar?
    3. Any other cultural delights you were surprised by there?

Thanks for the questions :)

[*]Battered Haggis?

I find haggis to be very hit and miss in general, battered haggis being no exception! When it's good it's good, when it's bad it's horrendous. Avoid in places like Greggs and Wetherspoons it's usually pretty good!

[*]Battered Mars bar?

Only tried this once and the place I got it wouldn't have a reputation like some places. Still pretty good, but not as enjoyable after the first few bites. Just gets a bit sickening then! Some places are supposed to do them really well but I'm not sure how you could go wrong with it! Not really something I'd go out of my way to try again!

[*]Any other cultural delights you were surprised by there?

Just the variety of things they batter, fried pizza is a big one I think it's pretty bad. They call baps rolls and will put pretty much anything in them, pies are a big thing in a roll. A macaroni and cheese pie in a roll is actually pretty good! Plenty of carbs anyway!

Edinburgh apparently has its own "chippy sauce" which I think is just brown sauce mixed with vinegar. Very popular most people would never get plain chips always with chippy sauce.

Pretty similar to Ireland culturally though, although people from further north are a bit more unique. Aberdeen accents are pretty bewildering, loads of weird vocabulary. And they consider themselves more "Scottish" the further north you go in general. Further north still some of the islanders don't really consider themselves Scottish in some cases.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Great read all week C, thanks for taking it on. Don’t forget to pass the baton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Yeah fair play lad. Was good to get to know more about you. That's what these threads are all about!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭edinrunna

Cheers lads, really enjoyed it (probably more than I thought I would) and thanks everyone for all the great questions. Crisco10 is up next the thread is here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058157923

Advertisement