Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today the tax day - revenue.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Could anyone shed some light on this here, sorry now but I haven’t a clue about Taxes and whatnot.

So, I logged onto today and clicked into my tax review and it said for the past year I got an income of X amount from my employer but also said I’ve gotten 15,000 from DSP Illness Benefit, which I’ve no idea why that is there. The only sick pay I’ve claimed this year was I think 5 weeks of the enhanced illness benefit for covid related issues. Which in total would add up to around 1,600-1,700, I’ve no idea where this 15,000 has come from? Which had resulting in me apparently owing revenue 2,800. I’ve tried filling on an enquiry form on their site but keep getting an error with the text box, I also don’t know who else to contact about this, the DSP? My employer?.

It could be that the illness benefit was coded in for a full year, and hasn’t been updated on Revenue system yet. Request a statement of payments from DEASP to include the date payment ceased (you can do this through welfare.ie if you have a PSC) or by phone. Send this in to Revenue as an attachment in myEnquiry, or post to Revenue if still having issues with myEnquiry. No money will be taken off you yet anyway, so plenty of time to amend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    You can add the credits for this year straight away on revenue (still have to fill in the form but you don't have to wait for the credits to be added to your account).
    For the last few years you will have to claim them they will send you a revised SOL (you will have to fill in a separate form for each year) So if you've worked for the 4 previous years you will need to fill out the form 4 times and change the year on the form that you are claiming for.

You can also fill in the form and scan it to your computer(take a pic with your phone) and send it to them through 'My Enquiries' on your revenue account. But it does take some time for them to get back to you.

Last time I done it I claimed for 2 previous years and got a refund within 5 days, I didn't actually have to wait until someone checked the form to refund me there system automatically does it.

Thank you. So I need to fill out a SPCC for each of the last 4 years? I have ammended it for this year in my tax review. Thanks for your info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭fafy

Just a quick question about this. If someone lost their job or was made redundant and received the PUP instead of job seekers allowance/benefit would the first €13 of their PUP be exempt from tax as well?

Thats a good question, the answer is unfortunately no.

All Pandemic related payments, are subject to tax, as they are effectively “emergency” payments, to employees, who were let go temporarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

I've had an underpayment of 1k for 2020 due to being on the twss. Do I now need to complete/request a statement of liability?
    Or if I don't request one, will this amount be deducted over a year period as I've read some where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Colash wrote: »
    I've had an underpayment of 1k for 2020 due to being on the twss. Do I now need to complete/request a statement of liability?
    Or if I don't request one, will this amount be deducted over a year period as I've read some where?

Tax credits will adjusted for a 4 year period beginning in 2022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Tax credits will adjusted for a 4 year period beginning in 2022
    What's the arrangement for those who emigrate?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

When I request my statement of liability it says "you cannot proceed as you (and/or your spouse or civil partner, if applicable) were registered for income tax during the year)" what does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

bosco12345 wrote: »
    When I request my statement of liability it says "you cannot proceed as you (and/or your spouse or civil partner, if applicable) were registered for income tax during the year)" what does that mean?

Form 11 required, you've about 9 months to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

SoL finally available to veiw today after submitting my tax refund form 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

mystic86 wrote: »

Yes, you or your spouse must have had non-PAYE income in the year such as a self employment or rents or something else that requires you to complete a Form 11. Everything then goes on that including PAYE income.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Saz2020 wrote: »
    SoL finally available to veiw today after submitting my tax refund form 2 weeks ago.

Lucky you i submitted mine over 3 weeks ago , and still not available to view

dunnerc wrote: »
    Lucky you i submitted mine over 3 weeks ago , and still not available to view

Yeah its taking its sweet time for people. I was surprised to see it available today.hopefully you'll get yours soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

How do the revenue know you have to fill in a form 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

kala85 wrote: »
    How do the revenue know you have to fill in a form 11?

Because you registered for income tax or are a chargeable person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Because you registered for income tax or are a chargeable person.

But a paye worker doesn't have to fill in form 11

• Registered Users Posts: 13,187 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

If a PAYE worker has enough extra income, then they may be chargeable for income tax on ROS / Form 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

You might want tell that to the rather large number who do. For example those PAYE workers who happen to have rental income above a nett taxable amount of €5k; those PAYE workers in receipt of share options from their employer, those PAYE employees who also have farming income etc

mystic86 wrote: »

Thanks for your reply. I'm a complete novice when it comes to this sort of stuff. Does it take long to fill out a form 11 or how does one go about in doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Thanks for your reply. I'm a complete novice when it comes to this sort of stuff. Does it take long to fill out a form 11 or how does one go about in doing it?

You need a ROS registration as opposed to a Revenue MyAccount registration. That entails getting a ROS digital certificate. Go to ROS and there are steps there to guide you through the process.

Once you have the digital cert you can complete the Form 11 online from within ROS or alternatively download the ROS offline application, download the offline Form 11 and you can complete it offline and then later upload to ROS.

For payments or refunds you can register a bank account which you can do within ROS online. You can also make payments by card.

If you have the relevant information all to hand a Form 11 does not take long to complete.

Stratvs wrote: »
    You need a ROS registration as opposed to a Revenue MyAccount registration. That entails getting a ROS digital certificate. Go to ROS and there are steps there to guide you through the process.

Once you have the digital cert you can complete the Form 11 online from within ROS or alternatively download the ROS offline application, download the offline Form 11 and you can complete it offline and then later upload to ROS.

For payments or refunds you can register a bank account which you can do within ROS online. You can also make payments by card.

If you have the relevant information all to hand a Form 11 does not take long to complete.

Thank you, that makes it a little clearer for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Debarramike137

Had anybody received their tax refund yet guys, for medical expenses etc? I submitted it weeks ago and I’ve got nothing yet.

I guess they’re particularly busy this year with PUP etc. Thanks a lot

Had anybody received their tax refund yet guys, for medical expenses etc? I submitted it weeks ago and I’ve got nothing yet.

I guess they’re particularly busy this year with PUP etc. Thanks a lot

I received mine yesterday (Tuesday morning). I had applied for it roughly 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Debarramike137

Saz2020 wrote: »
    I received mine yesterday (Tuesday morning). I had applied for it roughly 2 weeks ago.

Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cnbyz

I havent received my SOL for 2020 yet. I submitted my income tax return on Jan 1st. Their phone lines are closed and wont respond to my messages. I was told that it should be processed in few days but that was 12 days ago. Is there anything i can do about it ? any way to complain about this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,187 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

cnbyz wrote: »
    I havent received my SOL for 2020 yet. I submitted my income tax return on Jan 1st. Their phone lines are closed and wont respond to my messages. I was told that it should be processed in few days but that was 12 days ago. Is there anything i can do about it ? any way to complain about this ?

Fair play to you for doing it on 1st Jan!!! Very organised.

I often submit Form 12s in maybe August, and it might take four weeks to see a P21 balancing statement.

Given PUP, TWSS, COVID-19, and Brexit, I would not be complaining four weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

Am I the only person who can't upload my Health Expense receipts? The server shows a fault and has done for days

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cnbyz

Geuze wrote: »
    Fair play to you for doing it on 1st Jan!!! Very organised.

I often submit Form 12s in maybe August, and it might take four weeks to see a P21 balancing statement.

Given PUP, TWSS, COVID-19, and Brexit, I would not be complaining four weeks later.

Well 2 years ago there was none of those and they still issued my p21 in May. Yes correct in May. If i hadnt actually called them it would have probably taken much longer. Thats what i am worried about. I dont trust them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cyc1337

Did anyone manage to challenge the TWSS tax on a legal basis?

Also, did anyone manage to make their employer pay for it?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭chrabo

I got mine today.
    2.5 months on pup and all my tax credits gone??. have 0 tax credit for 2020, time for social welfare full time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

chrabo wrote: »
    I got mine today.
    2.5 months on pup and all my tax credits gone??. have 0 tax credit for 2020, time for social welfare full time

Hi can you explain this as I got a notice today that my tax credits are being reduced due to my wife being on pup?

Advertisement