Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW ALBUMS (released within last month/30 days) Worth a Listen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭divide_by_zero

TV Priest have released there debut Uppers, if you're a fan of Idles you'll probably like this. It's an excellent record.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'd never heard of The Weather Station before earlier today, but they've an album out entitled Ignorance and some of it is really, really good.

I can already tell this is going to be up there with the best of the year in 11 months time.

This song is bloody great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Black Country, New Road finally released their debut on Friday. Sunglasses was my song of 2019 and they were the last band I got to see live pre-covid. Interesting listening to an album thinking "don't f*ck up the album version, don't f*ck up the album version" throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,089 ✭✭✭mosstin

Arghus wrote: »
    I'd never heard of The Weather Station before earlier today, but they've an album out entitled Ignorance and some of it is really, really good.

I can already tell this is going to be up there with the best of the year in 11 months time.

Been listening to this quite a bit this weekend and, though there's some decent songs on there, it seems a bit bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Joffrey

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Black Country, New Road finally released their debut on Friday. Sunglasses was my song of 2019 and they were the last band I got to see live pre-covid. Interesting listening to an album thinking "don't f*ck up the album version, don't f*ck up the album version" throughout.

Pretty good on first listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Been going through a massive rut the last few months musically. The lack of live music is really taking its toll I have to say. :(

Just stuck them on. Started with "Parking Lot". Caught the mood anyway... Let's see where the rest of that album goes.

New Tindersticks' album - Distractions. Quiet, introspective but some beautiful songs on it.

New Mogwai album out today. Love Mogwai.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

S.M.B. wrote: »

Looking forward to the gig later this, been pushed out to December now from memory. Great album.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

mosstin wrote: »
    New Tindersticks' album - Distractions. Quiet, introspective but some beautiful songs on it.

New Mogwai album out today. Love Mogwai.

mogwai is tomorrow

good review here
    https://www.gigwise.com/reviews/3396297/album-review-mogwai-as-the-love-continues

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »

Oh you can get it today. 😉

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Really enjoying Mogwai, Richie Sacramento is a quality track.

Was tempted to watch the live performance, £15 was a bit steep though.....

Really enjoying Mogwai, Richie Sacramento is a quality track.

Was tempted to watch the live performance, £15 was a bit steep though.....

Ridiculous. I understand that bands are at a loss of income from live shows but many of their punters are similarly affected. Really surprised at the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭VM Varga

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis have released a new album!

Lots of good music knocking around......

Mouse on Mars 'AAI'
    Blanck Mass 'In Furneaux'
    The Besnard Lakes 'Are the Last of the Great Thunderstorm Warnings' (really like this one)

As mentioned above, new Nick Cave and Warren Ellis album sounds good also.

Lots of good music knocking around......

Mouse on Mars 'AAI'
    Blanck Mass 'In Furneaux'
    The Besnard Lakes 'Are the Last of the Great Thunderstorm Warnings' (really like this one)

As mentioned above, new Nick Cave and Warren Ellis album sounds good also.

Great!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

New Julien Baker (member of boygenius and excellent solo artist) is getting some great reviews, will be listening later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I just came in here to mention the new Julien Baker album. Big fan of Turn Out the Lights and boygenius so hope this lives up to expectation. The songs I've heard so far seem like a bit of departure from her previous sound. Curious to hear how it works as part of a complete album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Mogwai album is #1 in the UK, great stuff altogether

Mogwai album is #1 in the UK, great stuff altogether

It is excellent. Great for them to get the #1 too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

arab strap new record is out today - has anyone consumed it yet?

donfers wrote: »
    arab strap new record is out today - has anyone consumed it yet?

Yup. Sounding pretty decent early on. Absolutely love the single from late last year.

Yup. Sounding pretty decent early on. Absolutely love the single from late last year.

I have to agree, it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,613 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I have to agree, it's great.
    Another plus one for Arab Strap, it's brilliant.
    Seems to skip your ears and get straight in under your skin, but in a good way!

The new Nick Cave is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭steve_r

Dunno if you know the NoEncore podcast, but they did a review of it there recently, they are good for doing reviews of the big releases

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I know that a lot of folks have no time for kings of leon since "Only by the night" (an album I really liked)...some of the stuff since then has been patchy but I like the more low-key vibe on their new album

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

poor warren ellis , gets no love

peteeeed wrote: »
    poor warren ellis , gets no love

I apologise to Warren Ellis.

I must say that Arab Strap album is excellent.

I'd never actually listened to them before - they were just one of those bands that passed me by and I never took time to listen to them, but I'm very impressed by what I've heard so far.

• Advertisement

The Anchoress released a new album yesterday The Art of Losing and I have to say it's great. Never heard of her before but threw the album on and have been listening non stop since then. It reminds me of U.S. Girls and PJ Harvey in places. Really liking it.

Advertisement