Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

It looks like you see a little more of the area with the square mini map based on that video. How do you change it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

It looks like you see a little more of the area with the square mini map based on that video. How do you change it?

Somewhere in general settings. It does make a big difference. I often see something in the corner that I wouldn't see with a round radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

To activate the new minimap shape, both in Modern Warfare and Warzone, simply navigate to the options menu, click on general, and scroll down to HUD. There, you'll find minimap shape. You can now change it from circle to square and reap the benefits of your newfound vision

think of all the games you could have won Delboy. I'm sure it's in Sun Tzu's Art of War. Chapter 7 change the shape of thou minimap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

gimli2112 wrote: »
    To activate the new minimap shape, both in Modern Warfare and Warzone, simply navigate to the options menu, click on general, and scroll down to HUD. There, you'll find minimap shape. You can now change it from circle to square and reap the benefits of your newfound vision

think of all the games you could have won Delboy. I'm sure it's in Sun Tzu's Art of War. Chapter 7 change the shape of thou minimap

Haha that's hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Think I'll go back to my Grau, not really feeling the Kilo at the minute.

Since this, I'd say I've had no less than 20 top 10s, last night I had a 9 kill runner up and finally tonight an 11 kill win. Up to 14 overall, ten of them in solos.

It's really annoying me at the minute as sometimes I feel like I can't hit a barn door. Last night before the second place finish I'd say I had maybe two kills across six games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

playing solos last night had a bounty contract and cornered him in a room - near roundabout at bridge.

lobbed a gas in and killed him.... but no bounty target is down. whats going on? then some dude appears and shoots me.:mad: but nobody else came in....

so I watch killcam.
    The target was hiding crouched beside a table in a corner with the other dude oblivious to him just standing directly on front of him as I lobbed the gas in.
    I got a laugh out of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Strange doin's a transpirin' this morning.

WZ forced me to log in to Activision account this morning. I enter email and the password I would have used. Says it doesn't exist. Makes me create a new account, using the same email. When I log in it's as if I'm a new player, all custom loadouts and blueprints gone, set to level 1. But all my COD points are there?

Did we have to set up an activision account at the beginning, I can't remember? The chances of me remembering what email address and password I used are slim. G'bye all my gold smgs

Hoop66 wrote: »
    Strange doin's a transpirin' this morning.

WZ forced me to log in to Activision account this morning. I enter email and the password I would have used. Says it doesn't exist. Makes me create a new account, using the same email. When I log in it's as if I'm a new player, all custom loadouts and blueprints gone, set to level 1. But all my COD points are there?

That's really weird. Is it possible your account was hacked into and then deleted?
    Did we have to set up an activision account at the beginning, I can't remember? The chances of me remembering what email address and password I used are slim. G'bye all my gold smgs

You need an Activision account to play Warzone, so you either had to log into one, or set up a new one when you tried to play it first

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Something weird with the rankings going on. It reset to zero on February 1st yet I'm playing with people level 524 today. No way in hell they ranked up that much in 2 days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭Penfailed

antodeco wrote: »
    Something weird with the rankings going on. It reset to zero on February 1st yet I'm playing with people level 524 today. No way in hell they ranked up that much in 2 days!

There's a difference in the ranking system between BO players and MW players...I think.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

I asked similar the other day, below are the responses
    My Warzone score dropped back to 1 the other night, did this happen anybody else?
    Your Rank you mean?

thats tied to the Cold war progression system, once you go beyond (50 or 60 - im not sure which), you're into prestige tier 1, it'll change again once you hit 50 or 60
    Yeah, I meant rank :o. Ah ok, I was mid 50s the other night when it reset. If it's meant to reset at that level, how are there players with rank 100+?
    monkeynuz wrote: »
    There are now 2 different rank systems effectively in warzone/Cold War, the original warzone which resets to 55 every season and then the prestige system of Cold War which means that prestige 2 lvl 1 would mean that you actually have 155 points. You should be able to see it in the rank progression in barracks.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I just find that confusing being honest. So even though I'm playing with level 500+, you could actually be higher than them on level 1, if you're prestige 10 (for example)

I just find that confusing being honest. So even though I'm playing with level 500+, you could actually be higher than them on level 1, if you're prestige 10 (for example)

Agreed. It’s made a simple system very confusing

downloaded warzone on pc and set up a new id
    although meant I lost progression means I can play teams with my kids - although only youngest (6) likes warzone - as it's on PC and PS4 now.

Couldn't get used to keyboard so hooked up a PS4 controller to pc and it's pretty good.

two of us played a rake of Duos last night - one game we came 2nd . kinda freaked as we were in a 2 on 1 and still lost.

4 kills each. That means 4 lads out there beaten by a 6 year old :pac: although I must say he is pretty good from his fortnite experience.
    But by jaysus he is the worst teammate - he demands the best loot and prone to demanding a weapon off you if he fancies it.:mad:

Good fun and plenty of shouting

I appreciate your struggles now but it will all work out, when he wins the 2032 COD World Championship. Prize money will be through the roof by then.

I appreciate your struggles now but it will all work out, when he wins the 2032 COD World Championship. Prize money will be through the roof by then.

one can dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Quick one if you'll indulge me folks. I've only really started playing warzone in the last couple of days. Last night, team of 4 (2 xbox, 2 ps). All fine until I took a Gulag trip and when I made it back out, my mic was not working. I could hear everyone but nobody could hear me. We came 2nd and in the end credits I could hear loads of voices talking over each other (the language!) and when that ended, my party could hear me again - they knew nothing of all the other voices I had just heard.

One of the PS guys left and we had a trio game on the smaller map which "we" won :D . No mic drop outs on that.

I've got a brand new wireless headset and I'm just trying/hoping to rule that out as being the potential issue. I've never experienced a mic drop out before on the normal multi-player with my old cheap 3.5mm headphones but as I say, I have next to zero past history with the actual Warzone part of the game.

Anyway, I read of similar reports online but they're from quite a while ago. Have many of ye experienced similar? Is this a common issue with Warzone?

I've no experience of headphones as I play solo but are there any benefits to using them if you don't need to communicate with anyone?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    I've no experience of headphones as I play solo but are there any benefits to using them if you don't need to communicate with anyone?

Being able to locate the sound of footsteps is the main one

• Advertisement

theteal wrote: »
    Being able to locate the sound of footsteps is the main one

Ah! You can hear them coming from the left or right?

Ah! You can hear them coming from the left or right?

Above, below, how far away etc.

theteal wrote: »
    Above, below, how far away etc.

Looks like I'm at a disadvantage then! That's the sole reason I've only ever won one game of Solos. Definitely.

Yes, better directional sound in terms of hearing where people are coming from or where there's gunfire.

COD banned 60,000 players yesterday for cheating. Big number considering they have only banned 300K since launch including yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

COD banned 60,000 players yesterday for cheating. Big number considering they have only banned 300K since launch including yesterday.

Yeah, their "ban wave" in September was only 20k

To be fair though, they banned 60k accounts today. By the sounds of things most hackers had more than one account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

The stim glitch is back once again. Seen it being used in 2 games yesterday, some people are parasites.

mutley18 wrote: »
    The stim glitch is back once again. Seen it being used in 2 games yesterday, some people are parasites.

For ****'s sake. How do they manage it like.

Thankfully nobody glitching in my game. Just picked up a 10 kill win. There were 4 of us left and next think I knew I'd won. Gas must have done for them. One lad was driving around in a truck but pretty unusual that 3 people making it to the endgame would get caught out like that.

• Advertisement

12GB Warzone update on the Xbox today

Advertisement