Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

errlloyd wrote: »
    Just lost a solo to a guy using the Stim Glitch.

Looked at his stats. He's won 6 games today, in three of them he didn't even have a kill.

I had 11 kills on solos. :mad:

What is the glitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭Penfailed

What is the glitch?

Unlimited stims. Hide out in the gas whilst the circle closes.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Some guy on reddit posted evidence of a game that lasted an hour and 52 minutes. Two player left at the end stimming. For 90 ****ing minutes.

I've got about 10-15 solo wins. But I don't get em that often. When I got to the last three I was actually heart pumping hard. But whatever way it happened, when I killed the second last guy I just knew the other guy wasn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

there's nothing quite like an online first person shooter to illustrate the decline of humanity

on your other point when it gets near the end the rush is fantastic

gimli2112 wrote: »
    on your other point when it gets near the end the rush is fantastic

Battle Royales (firstly PUBG) were a huge game-changer in the FPS Genre for me. That buzz is addictive and keeps me coming back, and for me it has reinvigorated solo-player shooters.

When I was a kid and had time, I was in clans and played S&D in competitive ladders etc. That was a great buzz, when all your teammates were dead and it was 3v1 in the 29th round. The game had weight, your friends were relying on you, they'd invested their evening in getting this win. Naturally, when I stopped playing competitively it was impossible to recapture that weight.

The final 4 minutes of a BR are the only single-player experience that captures that tension for me.

• Advertisement

I tried other BRs before this but could never get into them. PUBG, Fortnite and Apex. Apex certainly had promise but it just didn't click with me.
    My first forrays into WZ I was unsure and uncertain but it won me over pretty quickly.
    I think the Gulag, buybacks and loadouts were a fantastic addition to the genre, or if not additions, improvements. It's crazy that you can be banging around for 1/2 an hour quite relaxed and then it goes mental at the end.

Just got stim glitched again (humble bragging that I have won two solos games in two days but anyway).

This time there were 3 players left after the final circle closed. I left my PC on recording it and went off to do some work. Came back and watched the recording. One guy quits pretty quickly, but the other two keep looking for each other until eventually one accidentally jumps off a cliff too high and dies. :eek:

I'll post the video later. I checked SBMMWarzone after. Weirdly all three are good players, KD ratios of 1.31 and higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'm only getting back in to cod. Find warzone very slow paced so much happier playing Modern Warfare and just about dying less than I've killed :pac:

Raven patch today fixes.

1: Proper DMR and Type 63 Nerf
    2: Reduce the blueprints version of the Mac10 to the same as the Mac10
    3: Remove infinite Stims
    4: Proper Akimbo and Burst fire pistol nerf.

Had a solo win just there, but according to sbmmwarzone I was in a very low ranked Lobby.

Any play Warzone since last night? There was awful problems with party chat on the Xbox playing this last night, anybody know if it's been fixed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Solos replaced by buyback solos ffs. Just leave the mainstays of the playlist alone.

Solos replaced by buyback solos ffs. Just leave the mainstays of the playlist alone.

Buyback solos isn't *that* different to the regular game. A little more hectic.

But on the plus side, don't have to do the stupid gulag.

Played my first solos in a while tonight and have to agree, not a fan of the buy back solos at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Played my first solos in a while tonight and have to agree, not a fan of the buy back solos at all

not a huge fan myself.

However I was having a dog sh1t game yest.
    couldn't shoot straight but was bought back 4 times - still with zero kills.

then suddenly got my act together after a first 1 kill and ended 3 kills and a 5th.:pac::pac:

i know they were supposed to fix some guns but they are still over powered.
    had a game yest where I was shot jumping from a building to escape gas.
    mid air head shot that I was impressed with . Then I watched the kill cam, he barely even aimed at me. casual as fcuk - I'd 3 plates on too.

dunno if aim-bot ,ultra skilled player or just over powered weapon.

still warzone saved me during lockdown, without it i'd have a ruined liver and probably a divorce on my hand. all hail warzone.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm really enjoying the buy back solos. Averaging 9 kills per game with it, and typically finishing too 10 (a few victories aswell).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

What do ye lads make of the original assault rifle, i think its the KILO 141 ?

i have been getting on grand with it, just wondering if there is any better options out there

akelly02 wrote: »
    What do ye lads make of the original assault rifle, i think its the KILO 141 ?

i have been getting on grand with it, just wondering if there is any better options out there

The Kilo was the best gun in Warzone until about 2 months ago. It fires laser straight.

But the devs reduced it's damage at range, and as a result it is no longer as good in the 60m+ range bracket. Still fries to be fair. My favourite ARs are the M13 (similar to the Kilo), the Grau, and the Amax. The Amax has been my sweaty gun for a few months, but most people accept that it is now the meta for Warzone.

Kilo had a nerf recently

The VAL is surprisingly good but with a 30 round mag you'd be pushed using it outside duos. I love the CR-AMX. I'm no good at range and these two are very good up close to mid range.

Saw my brother using the Grau the other day and couldn't believe how many hitmarkers he was getting.

TBH you need to be looking at the Cold War guns for WZ. FFR or whatever it's called is getting a lot of online love. I just can't be bothered ranking them up. Douple weapon xp this weekend and I was still running round with fully ranked guns

I love the CR-AMX. I'm no good at range and these two are very good up close to mid range.

You and I use the AMAX in different ways so! I have it on a range set up. Long Barrell, Mono suppressor, commando grip, extra rounds, and some form of stock I think (I weirdly like the iron sights).

Slaps at range.

• Advertisement

It's not bad at range, this is more of a user problem. I have the VLK scope other than the stock and same as you otherwise.
    Problem is it fires a bit slow and has more recoil than say the Kilo but if you hit your shots it deletes at range.
    Loved it from day one. It's so versatile.

One thing that bugs me as a casual mostly average player - when they re-jig the guns. Do they know how long it too me to build loadouts I'm comfortable with? :mad: learn the pros/cons of the guns? :mad:

drives me mad:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Kilo has always been strong, and indeed still is, got 7 kills in quads with it last night, time to kill is probably a little on the long side, but recoil is super manageable, and I always find myself going back to.

Tempted to give a bit of time with the amax or the ffar though, it's just the levelling up of the blops guns that keeps me away from them.

The Kilo was the best gun in Warzone until about 2 months ago. It fires laser straight.

But the devs reduced it's damage at range, and as a result it is no longer as good in the 60m+ range bracket. Still fries to be fair. My favourite ARs are the M13 (similar to the Kilo), the Grau, and the Amax. The Amax has been my sweaty gun for a few months, but most people accept that it is now the meta for Warzone.

see i dont play warzone , just free for all and team deathmatch

very happy with the gun to be fair

i might give the ones you mentioned a shot after a while

It's not bad at range, this is more of a user problem. I have the VLK scope other than the stock and same as you otherwise.
    Problem is it fires a bit slow and has more recoil than say the Kilo but if you hit your shots it deletes at range.
    Loved it from day one. It's so versatile.

With the Kilo I find myself thinking "**** how is that guy still not dead"

With the AMAZ I find myself thinking "maaan did not expect to get him down so easily".

With the Kilo I find myself thinking "**** how is that guy still not dead"

With the AMAZ I find myself thinking "maaan did not expect to get him down so easily".

so basically switch to the AMAZ!

around what level is it unlocked?

I would definately try the VAL as well if you play FFA.

I got them through the battlepass. Typically what happens is when the battlepass ends you get a challenge and can unlock the battlepass weapons by completing it

akelly02 wrote: »
    so basically switch to the AMAZ!

around what level is it unlocked?

It was a free Battlepass unlock at some stage, actually dunno how you get it now. But there is definitely a way.

I am sick of buy back solos. My last two games were 12 and 13 kills (with no deaths) and I didn't make the top ten in either of them. Spend all day slaughtering lads who buyback, and then got caught because there are still 30 people alive with two circles to go and it is a complete death match out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

It was a free Battlepass unlock at some stage, actually dunno how you get it now. But there is definitely a way.

I am sick of buy back solos. My last two games were 12 and 13 kills (with no deaths) and I didn't make the top ten in either of them. Spend all day slaughtering lads who buyback, and then got caught because there are still 30 people alive with two circles to go and it is a complete death match out there.

Yeah I find as well because you are buying back in late you then don't have ghost load out and you get killed very fast anyway, because everybody else have their heartbeat scanners.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

There's a legendary assault rival I need to learn to ignore, think it's the Blood Red Summer. Accuracy and recoil on it are abysmal.

Advertisement