Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

There's a legendary assault rival I need to learn to ignore, think it's the Blood Red Summer. Accuracy and recoil on it are abysmal.

I hate forgetting which ones are good and bad, picked up an ffar tonight and it only had a 24 round mag. I do have a soft spot for the Harpy, and more killing more doing or whatever it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I hate forgetting which ones are good and bad, picked up an ffar tonight and it only had a 24 round mag. I do have a soft spot for the Harpy, and more killing more doing or whatever it's called.

That ground loot FFAR shreds to be fair. Somewhat ironically given the name it is really an SMG alternative for short to medium range. It has nowhere near the range of the M13, Kilo, M4, Amax, AN94, GRAU.

I've had some fun the last few days with the AN94. It has very little horizontal recoil. Not as good as the other guns, but the meta is super balanced right now so you can pick anything go out there and have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Warzone solos is back to normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Solos is terrifying. I have a real love hate relationship with it, mostly hate but I do like it, oh I don't know.

Seen a few youtubers banging on about the AMAX in the last few days. This will follow a predictable cycle. Everyone starts using it, said youtubers start whinging everyone is using it, whinging escalates, nerf incoming and Gimli has to find a new gun.

Typically I hate nerfs. Sometimes it's needed. Some of the blops guns have clearly been ridiculous. So was the FAL and sometimes they just screw up like the famas shotgun but a lot of nerfs are undeserved and too severe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Yeah, I do like both of them myself. If I find a Gallantry I'm happy to ignore my Mac-10 and go straight for Ghost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Some downloads were available for this. I went to start up a game anyway and the screen is stuck on the read loading screen . Ie call of duty warzone etc. It wont load up the game . Anyone else having issues?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Solos is terrifying. I have a real love hate relationship with it, mostly hate but I do like it, oh I don't know.

Seen a few youtubers banging on about the AMAX in the last few days. This will follow a predictable cycle. Everyone starts using it, said youtubers start whinging everyone is using it, whinging escalates, nerf incoming and Gimli has to find a new gun.

Typically I hate nerfs. Sometimes it's needed. Some of the blops guns have clearly been ridiculous. So was the FAL and sometimes they just screw up like the famas shotgun but a lot of nerfs are undeserved and too severe.

I think at the minute, things seem balanced enough, switched to the amax myself, but only cause I already had it fully levelled. I'm thinking it's time to work on my sniping a bit, it's a hole in my skillset I reckon. Levelling up the kar-98 on shoot the ship and having a right old laugh with it, thermal sight and smoke canisters ftw. I'm sure my teammates hate me, but, in the words of a famous priest,I've had my fun, and that's all that matters.

I'll probably never give up my HDR in warzone but some of the Kar98s I've picked up off people are fantastic. The quietness, the reload speed are exceptional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

There's a legendary assault rival I need to learn to ignore, think it's the Blood Red Summer. Accuracy and recoil on it are abysmal.

Worst gun in the game. If I see one and only have my starting pistol, I stick with the pistol!

Yeah, I do like both of them myself. If I find a Gallantry I'm happy to ignore my Mac-10 and go straight for Ghost.

I don't have any overkill classes. I find it bizarre that it is generally accepted that the best strategy is compromise on ghost for the sake of having a secondary weapon when.

1: You'll almost certainly have a pretty good ground loot weapon or crate weapon.
    2: You've a great chance of killing someone who has overkill and getting a great secondary weapon.

Maybe it's cause I play solos. But not being on Heartbeat and UAV is soooo key.

• Advertisement

I play solos lots. I'm happy that if I'm still standing sheet the first landing I'll have my 10k for overkill and Ghost by the end of the first gas. Each to their own I guess.

Ghost and floor loot for me, I want to minimise running to loadouts in solos. There's always some turd camping one, usually me.

Was trying the Kar in shoot the ship yesterday/ It's funny listening to all the thrash talk. I was having fun but getting murdered, drinking which wasn't helping. Near the end I switched to the Amax in shipment. I got a VTOL in about 30 seconds. You have to laugh at lads talking crap. They're only in my lobby cos they're sh*t

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

What's the highest rank? Was just playing with someone who was 317 and was fairly terrible at it. Just wondering if it's a hacked number

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Penfailed

antodeco wrote: »
    What's the highest rank? Was just playing with someone who was 317 and was fairly terrible at it. Just wondering if it's a hacked number

I'm up to a hundred and sixty something on Cold War. I'm fairly terrible at it too but I've quite a few hours under my belt! The more you play, the more your rank goes up. High rank doesn't equal great player :D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Penfailed wrote: »
    I'm up to a hundred and sixty something on Cold War. I'm fairly terrible at it too but I've quite a few hours under my belt! The more you play, the more your rank goes up. High rank doesn't equal great player :D

I agree (and lower doesn't mean bad player). But rank 317 must be playing 24 hours a day for a few weeks. Possibly a shared account so different people are playing at different times

Just played two solo games. In the first I won in fairly dire circumstances.

The end game was played around station. In the final 5 I had the roof, but I had to drop off it as the gas moved. I fell too far and downed myself, but I was able to self res - however some lad beneath me knew I was there and kept trying to kill me. While doing that I ended up falling behind and we both got stuck in the gas. But I dropped a C4 on him, and he went further into the gas to plate up, meanwhile I ran for zone that only had one person in it. He had his back to me. I shot him in the back, the other guy won and I went from potentially braining the game by dropping too far to winning.

In the other one I made it to the top 3. Me and another lad got into a fight, we were both low and in gas. He sem'd be, but before it exploded I shot him. He died first, came 3rd, I died second, came second. And presumably some on the other side of the cicle loll'd himself to a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Had my first solos win in a while the other night.

Pretty happy with it, I was chasing the gas right to the end and I had 7 kills.

I'm still surpriesd that people don't run ghost, I have most of my loadouts set up with ghost

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I run ghost ASAP in solos but in trios or quads I'll take overkill with whichever loadout comes first - the freebie or the one we buy through looting. It's a lot easier to get a second loadout in a squad of course.

I don't think heartbeat sensors are as widespread anymore (I find them a distraction) and UAV's aren't an issue early on but I still run Ghost at the start. Creature of habit. The thought of not having it is worse than anything else.
    I do understand why people don't run it.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I don't think heartbeat sensors are as widespread anymore (I find them a distraction) and UAV's aren't an issue early on but I still run Ghost at the start. Creature of habit. The thought of not having it is worse than anything else.
    I do understand why people don't run it.

I think theyre back more on rebirth island, thats so fast paced and full of hidey holes that its common enough to see the final circle without having picked up a loadout, so for those who actual do manage to get a drop, it can be worth your while to have it.

• Advertisement

My Warzone score dropped back to 1 the other night, did this happen anybody else?

My Warzone score dropped back to 1 the other night, did this happen anybody else?

Your Rank you mean?

thats tied to the Cold war progression system, once you go beyond (50 or 60 - im not sure which), you're into prestige tier 1, it'll change again once you hit 50 or 60

Your Rank you mean?

thats tied to the Cold war progression system, once you go beyond (50 or 60 - im not sure which), you're into prestige tier 1, it'll change again once you hit 50 or 60

Yeah, I meant rank :o. Ah ok, I was mid 50s the other night when it reset. If it's meant to reset at that level, how are there players with rank 100+?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm at 208 at the moment, didn't notice a reset or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Yeah, I meant rank :o. Ah ok, I was mid 50s the other night when it reset. If it's meant to reset at that level, how are there players with rank 100+?

There are now 2 different rank systems effectively in warzone/Cold War, the original warzone which resets to 55 every season and then the prestige system of Cold War which means that prestige 2 lvl 1 would mean that you actually have 155 points. You should be able to see it in the rank progression in barracks.

Think I'll go back to my Grau, not really feeling the Kilo at the minute.

Think I'll go back to my Grau, not really feeling the Kilo at the minute.

is the grau an upgrade from the kilo in your opinion?

akelly02 wrote: »
    is the grau an upgrade from the kilo in your opinion?

The grau has better long range potential IMO, theres a damage dropoff on the kilo which makes it feel like a hitmarker machine at longer distances.

The grau has better long range potential IMO, theres a damage dropoff on the kilo which makes it feel like a hitmarker machine at longer distances.

ive noticed that a bit.

ill give the grau a go

• Advertisement

This is the single greatest kill I'll get in Warzone. I am trying to use the Strela (only on vehicles) but they're wrecking my head in solos. So I was practicing.

I hit the truck once - he immediately got out, and when I saw his sniper glint I knew he was deece.

When the precision came in, I stayed close to the door, so I could see the truck in the corner of my minimap (switch the square map people).

The truck initially looked like it was heading to the other side. But then he switched to the rover, so I had to run back.

As the rover slalomed in I could see it was gonna be super tight, so that was the only way to get it.

Advertisement