Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭This is it

DFV still in. Crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

finally revolut let me buy like 10 mins before close.

Got some tasty dips. yuuuuus

This is it wrote: »
    DFV still in. Crazy
    Madness!

rr9n7obwq4f61.png

Madness!

rr9n7obwq4f61.png

If that's true he lost 10m since I last saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Shur, tis only money.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭peterofthebr

It's possible GME, AMC etc..can go to higher. ON a ever changing reddit post I seen a posting implying holding until March.

I reckon they need c.1 million people too buy about 300 AMC each to go to to THE MOON AND BEYOND but that's excluding pro investment firms.

Basically looking at reddit I feel allot are gona get burned but the early entry folks will get out with gains. I'm hoping Hedge Funds get burned (a bit) and SEC looks into naked short positions.

Yeah he was 30+ yesterday. Diamond hands

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Madness!

rr9n7obwq4f61.png

It's actually insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

ASOT wrote: »
    It's actually insane.

At this rate he's going to need to star in the movie himself. Can't afford Bale now.

Robson99 wrote: »
    Good shout. Going well

Any other golden nuggests in here I'm missing. Been focused on CCIV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,388 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Treppen wrote: »
    Trying to confirm my bias for some positive stories on PSTH Spac but there's not much love for it out there. Is it because their choice is just not going to be sexy enough?

Think everyone has shares in this SPAC, not much talk as it's been so quiet.

Diamonds are only made under pressure.. Diamond hands.!!!!!!!

With all this RH and others the solution is to have instant trade transactions none this T+1,T+2,T+3 jazz.. a company looking to fix this using crypto tech is...

paxos

Worth keeping an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,126 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

AMZN hit 100bn in sales for the last quarter, and even with Bezos stepping down, its gonna hit $3500 tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Gamma1 wrote: »
    Switched from NIO to TATA. Somebody mentioned it on the thread.
    Yes was me, there was a scrappage scheme announced in India yesterday which should boost sales...
    https://www.reuters.com/article/india-budget-autos/india-to-proceed-soon-with-cash-for-clunkers-scheme-to-boost-car-sales-idUKL4N2K73LV

Ford is doing great too, up 23% YTD, their European lineup of cars is relatively poor at the moment but they have some EV models coming, might be also worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭in2dark

retalivity wrote: »
    AMZN hit 100bn in sales for the last quarter, and even with Bezos stepping down, its gonna hit $3500 tomorrow

Amazon without bezos will be cheaper ;-)
    He has expensive "hobbies" :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

Alphabet up over 7% after hours after earnings solid 13% return over last few days

Diamonds are only made under pressure.. Diamond hands.!!!!!!!

With all this RH and others the solution is to have instant trade transactions none this T+1,T+2,T+3 jazz.. a company looking to fix this using crypto tech is...

paxos

Worth keeping an eye on.

Will due DD thanks

Treppen wrote: »
    Trying to confirm my bias for some positive stories on PSTH Spac but there's not much love for it out there. Is it because their choice is just not going to be sexy enough?

It's still 10% of my portfolio. I'd have suggested it as a good purchase last friday when it was around 26. Not sure at 29. No leak's make it difficult to know what's going on. If he managed stripe then he's a legend and something similar to CCIV happens, if bloomberg I'd still expect gains from 29 but more similar to something like IPOE which is still very good. After that if he does something out of left field like subway it could get rough, can't see that happening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Is Paxos on T212 or DeGiro? Don't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

This is it wrote: »
    Yeah he was 30+ yesterday. Diamond hands

He was +48m at one stage that I saw. Down 26m since then.

Question is if that screenshot is genuine now??
    I'd like to believe it is, but there's so much sh*the floating around who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭Jeff2

daheff wrote: »

I'd like to believe it is, but there's so much sh*the floating around who knows.

Got to take into account he sold $13m.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,134 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Any thoughts on Ford after the deal to put google in their cars?

daheff wrote: »

Based on absolutely nothing, I believe his screenshot. He has his 13m that he took out so it's not like he's losing everything. And, the fact that he was in this so early after a lot of research would suggest he knows what he's doing so I doubt he's stuck for a few pound anyway. Could possibly be offered various positions based on his prediction too. He's sorted for a long time even if he loses every cent of what he left in.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Yeah if you go through his post history he's been posting the same style screenshot over and over again with ages, it's legit in my opinion. Although it'd be hilarious if he's been shopping his ones for the last week and actually cashed everything at the peak and is now just stringing along the idiots.

As someone said he's already cashed 13m, he's set for life. Yeah missing out on another 40 stings a lot but he's still incredibly lucky things have panned out how they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Any thoughts on Ford after the deal to put google in their cars?

Google have the same deal with GM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Timing belt

Coneygree wrote: »
    Yeah if you go through his post history he's been posting the same style screenshot over and over again with ages, it's legit in my opinion. Although it'd be hilarious if he's been shopping his ones for the last week and actually cashed everything at the peak and is now just stringing along the idiots.

As someone said he's already cashed 13m, he's set for life. Yeah missing out on another 40 stings a lot but he's still incredibly lucky things have panned out how they have.

I doubt it is the case but if a hedge fund did want to manipulate the market it would be one brilliant idea to be involved in WSB's and stir up a storm and ride the wave to the top at the expense of another hedge fund and then use the proceeds to short the stock to ride the wave back down. As I say I don't think this is the case but I would not be surprised if there was a % of traders doing so...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Coneygree wrote: »

His name and face have been all over the media the last week. Saying you don't have $40-$50m would be the safe approach to it if he has cashed out the all of it. He probably already regrets saying he cashed out the $13m as that's a sum of money that will have every conman, crook and every friend/relative with a brass neck trying to get their hands into his pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭Treppen

I wonder if this right to repair thing takes off will iFixit become a target for a spac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

I think Amazon is making the right move with the CEO switch. Although bezos is fantastic for the company. The chief of AWS taking over clearly shows the direction they are intending to take imo. AWS is going to be the behemoth of amazon in time to come. The options for western companies to join the cloud is 2...maybe 3 if you include google. The have no option to join the cloud, and once in it, the monthly bills constantly increase.
    As an AWS developer and cost management expert on my team, the writing is on the wall in terms of AWS profitability. Its insane how much we will keep adding to amazons monthly bill gladly given the services we get. The value is immense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 CAstudent

cronos wrote: »
    The more it's going up the more I'm thinking it's too big to fail. They will never be able to raise funds again from retail investors anyway. SPAC's will be closed for them forever.

Does CCX give you any cause for concern? I hope you're right though as have CCIV myself!

Advertisement