Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parks and Recreation - the Rewatch thread

• 31-01-2021 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭

It's back from 8am tomorrow on Netflix lads

It's an all time classic

And it deserves it's own new thread

Can't wait. It's honestly the first thing I've looked forward to this year so far

In the meantime, express how you feel about it's return using the power of Gifs

1kRj.gif

474bb51f05a33360d70f18cbde9fd18c.gif

giphy.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

> insert "treat yo self" gif here <

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

> insert "treat yo self" gif here <

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Really like the first 2-3 series. The i bested you episode is just comedy perfection from start to finish.

It is an absolute classic..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Followed :D

I have the Mammy staying with us for the Level 5 festivities so this is going on the list along with Schitt's Creek (finished it already :(), Kim's Convenience, Superstore and thinking about a rewatch of Modern Family.

Need a dose of comedy and something that last too long per episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

One of the best ever - although tbh I found the last series dragged a bit.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

Brother in law used to rave about P & R but sister & I only tried it a week ago ... absolutely hooked since starting it. The two of us were saying yesterday how Ron is one of those guys we could put in the unusual guys you fancy thread. Not our usual type but ... there is something about him.

Caveat ... may have been beer goggles talking

nightie wrote: »
    The two of us were saying yesterday how Ron is one of those guys we could put in the unusual guys you fancy thread. Not our usual type but ... there is something about him.

Straight male here

But it must be the manly mustache and deep voice

Also, here's a Gif that's just for you

tenor.gif?itemid=5181409

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Have never seen Parks so adding it toy lost.
    Currently half way through superstore and really enjoying it.
    Love Mateo, Dina and Glenn. Sandra is funny. And as for Cheyenne:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Glebee

The legend that is Jean Ralphio

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I watched it on Prime at the end of the last year - comedy gold. It took a while to get going, season 1 wasn't my favourite. But season 2 right up to the 2nd to last were excellent. Everyone should watch this.

giphy.gif

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Straight male here

But it must be the manly mustache and deep voice

Also, here's a Gif that's just for you

tenor.gif?itemid=5181409

I’m going to retract my earlier comment :D

nightie wrote: »
    I’m going to retract my earlier comment :D

It was meant to give you a wide on

*shrugs*

For added hilarity for those new to the show, Ron is married to his on-screen ex (Tammy 2) in real life. It makes their scenes together even funnier!

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    It was meant to give you a wide on

*shrugs*

I was referring to the beer goggles part!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Glebee wrote: »

The legend that is Jean Ralphio

She’s the worrrrrrrrrrerrrrrreerrrrrresssssst

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

cee_jay wrote: »
    I watched it on Prime at the end of the last year - comedy gold. It took a while to get going, season 1 wasn't my favourite. But season 2 right up to the 2nd to last were excellent. Everyone should watch this.

Season 2 was a such massive course correction for the show. They knew what the problems were and aggressively set about sorting it out. It really should be a required case study for all comedy show runners.

Season 2 was a such massive course correction for the show. They knew what the problems were and aggressively set about sorting it out. It really should be a required case study for all comedy show runners.

For sure

I'm still going to watch it once I start this Re-watch though

I'm currently re-watching The West Wing and slogging my way through the very patchy Season 5. It's 22 episodes x 42 mins plus Ads on the All 4 app

6 quick episodes of the first Season of Parks & Rec of 6 episodes x 22 mins is nothing by comparison. It flies by

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Ron is obviously great but Jean Ralphio is a scene stealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Watched it all during the last year on prime
    Skipped season one on advice of a friend
    Still took a while to get into it

I’m delighted I skipped season one as I now have 6 “new “ episodes to watch :)
    Well 5 Cos I watched one last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I'm currently watching this for the first time on Amazon prime! Didn't think much at first, but I read the reviews which basically said ignore the first series and stick with it.

I feel from midway through the second series is when it really took off and now I'm properly invested. At just 21 minutes an episode it's such an easy watch. Highlights so far are Ron getting shot, his 'pyramid of manliness' and April scheduling 93 meetings for one day because she didn't know March 31st existed :pac:

Should probably avoid this thread from now on for spoilers, but I hope the best is yet to come!

I can't wait to rewatch this :D it's been so long!

If I don't unfollow this thread I'm going to end up watching it again..

Was Season 1 really that bad?..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

CQD wrote: »

I liked it anyway. Very often a settling in period with these shows - Seinfeld, Red Dwarf others i like that needed some time to find their feet but that doesnt mean opening series were bad at all. For a really truly dreadful opening series, see Black Adder.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

dcjg2vo-65483b84-d303-4615-b04b-5b81459641b5.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYTY4MjkwMGMtZmQzNC00MDY0LWFhOWUtN2RlYzkzZjcyMzQxXC9kY2pnMnZvLTY1NDgzYjg0LWQzMDMtNDYxNS1iMDRiLTViODE0NTk2NDFiNS5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.vOMP3fzU69wWr0Npss1CcbMNRq-hSZC1pydlyNQw2FY

• Registered Users Posts: 31,750 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

dubstepper wrote: »
    Ron is obviously great but Jean Ralphio is a scene stealer.
    He is fine...but he is no Joan Callamezzo!

A character I could have had more of was Tynnyfer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,014 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Recorded it on Sky Comedy last year so that was handy to watch during first lockdown. Great show. Will likely watch random episodes again. Barney gets to me every time, his sparse use is great.

Seeing Jennifer Barkley in Wandavision too, she's great!

gmisk wrote: »
    He is fine...but he is no Joan Callamezzo!

A character I could have had more of was Tynnyfer :)

Ok, can I just say something though........

We need Joan to take over the Six O'Clock show or something similar. I'd watch that shiz in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

CQD wrote: »

I didn't think Season 1 was that bad.It definitely takes an upturn in quality from season 2 onwards but I don't think anyone should skip the season,it's only 6 episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

P&R is one of the all-time greatest comedies.

Advertisement