Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

367 Days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Tuesday-Tuesday it will be for me, sure whats the point in saving annual leave as we won't be able to go away this year anyway :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Can't wait for this. One of the few times a year i have a drink. Shame about the pubs but fcuk it. Might see if ITV can lend me some croud noise.

I'm not as big on WPM having as good a cheltie as the prices may suggest. I thinked he put everything in to xmas and they may not run to the same levels. Could be wrong but i'll be following Elliot.

Hope Nicholls has a sh!te cheltie. Can't stand the fella. I'll be keeping an eye on a few of Hendersons in the Handicaps also.

For the gold cup, t wouldn't surprise me if Minella Indo was right there and for the Champion Hurdle, Abacadabras i think may bounce back. Wide open race

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

not looking forward to it at all such as I would in years past. It's the one time of year I absolutely ignore my missus and kids for 4 days. Have nowhere to watch this year except at home....where they will all be all day due to fecking schools closed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Earendil wrote: »
    not looking forward to it at all such as I would in years past. It's the one time of year I absolutely ignore my missus and kids for 4 days. Have nowhere to watch this year except at home....where they will all be all day due to fecking schools closed :mad:

Any shebeens near ya?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Slattsy wrote: »
    Any shebeens near ya?
    Did yous see that one in Swords that was raided. Fine job that would be for March 16th :pac:

• Advertisement

The Mig wrote: »
    Did yous see that one in Swords that was raided. Fine job that would be for March 16th :pac:

Always some moron that cant keep his mouth shut :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Twas a feckin boutique!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Cheltenham trials day off. Next time Cheltenham will be live will be the festival !

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Cheltenham trials day off. Next time Cheltenham will be live will be the festival !

Surely they will have to run the Cotswolds and the cleeve elsewhere will they?
    I'd say Nicky wishes he hadn't opened his mouth now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Twas a feckin boutique!!

Like all things in life it looked class until you add people to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5WIckfrmqE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Sprinter's brother out again. Still a hype horse, will shorten a lot if he wins so backing him for the Supreme before the race might be a play although he'd want to show a new gearbox altogether to threaten the likes of Appreciate It in March.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭mike2084

Surely they will have to run the Cotswolds and the cleeve elsewhere will they?
    I'd say Nicky wishes he hadn't opened his mouth now!!

Talk of running them at Sandown next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭spuddiesal

What is everyone doing for Cheltenham?. Do you think hotels in Ireland will be open. 4 of us go every year. We might look at booking an air bnb somewhere if numbers are down ...

6 weeks today

Can't wait.

I was thinking about my serious bet of the week and it has to be Zanahyir. Can't see it getting beat. Also going fairly large on Elliot t be top trainer. His horses are going to come good any day.

Also Kennedy top jock.

Excitement just not the same is it? Knowing pubs likely to be closed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

spuddiesal wrote: »
    What is everyone doing for Cheltenham?. Do you think hotels in Ireland will be open. 4 of us go every year. We might look at booking an air bnb somewhere if numbers are down ...

Can't see hotels being open to be honest, will most likely be sitting at home unless I get a better offer... God help herself on the phone in work for the few days :D

Brother in law has taps, gas and cooler not being used so may order a keg for the week

First day is vital to get off to a good start punting. If i break even it sets me up for the week.

• Advertisement

Brother in law has taps, gas and cooler not being used so may order a keg for the week

Look at this guy with his fancy Boldened name and Moderator written under it.......!!

Can't wait.

I was thinking about my serious bet of the week and it has to be Zanahyir. Can't see it getting beat. Also going fairly large on Elliot t be top trainer. His horses are going to come good any day.

Also Kennedy top jock.

Not entered in the juvenile hurdle at the weekend which is a little disappointing. Might have a small setback. I'm still holding faith in Quilixios and French Aseel who've I've both at tidy odds as I was late backing Zanahyir.

Coneygree wrote: »
    Not entered in the juvenile hurdle at the weekend which is a little disappointing. Might have a small setback. I'm still holding faith in Quilixios and French Aseel who've I've both at tidy odds as I was late backing Zanahyir.

Just hope ITV's coverage is good. Champerlain is a pain in the tits. Hopefully McCoy is there. Francesca is alright too and is also a babe. Harvey is a bit of a gob****e. Let's hope there is none of this Frodon ****e again, making out that Bryony is the greatest thing since sliced bread

Just hope ITV's coverage is good. Champerlain is a pain in the tits. Hopefully McCoy is there. Francesca is alright too and is also a babe. Harvey is a bit of a gob****e. Let's hope there is none of this Frodon ****e again, making out that Bryony is the greatest thing since sliced bread

Cumani is stone useless in my opinion when it comes to NH racing but she's lovely to look at alright. Although some lads here definitely would rather Alice Plunkett!!

Ya I couldn't hack that if Pegasus comparisons are made again. I think I'll give up the game if Frodon somehow wins a Gold Cup. Be nothing sweeter if our Rachael is the one who wins it.

Coneygree wrote: »
    Cumani is stone useless in my opinion when it comes to NH racing but she's lovely to look at alright. Although some lads here definitely would rather Alice Plunkett!!

Ya I couldn't hack that if Pegasus comparisons are made again. I think I'll give up the game if Frodon somehow wins a Gold Cup. Be nothing sweeter if our Rachael is the one who wins it.

It was the same when Bryony won a few weeks back. They made it out to be the ride of the century when she went font running. I think McCoy put the ride in to perspective and he got slated for it.

Don't get me wrong, there are worse jokeys out there compared to her, but Dickie Johnson, STD and Paul Townend she aint

FFP were saying that ITV might have all races this year instead of the usual 5 a day
    Hope so
    Lot of lads won't have RTV and can't go to the pub obviously at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

It was the same when Bryony won a few weeks back. They made it out to be the ride of the century when she went font running. I think McCoy put the ride in to perspective and he got slated for it.

Don't get me wrong, there are worse jokeys out there compared to her, but Dickie Johnson, STD and Paul Townend she aint

I would take here over the current version of Richard Johnson any day of the week, he is a negative on any horse for me. As for Sam Twiston Davis please dont make me laugh.

In the last 12 months to today Bryony Frost has a win % of 16.6%, a ROI of 27% and an A/E of 1.00.

Dickie is 15.1%, -23% and 0.82.... STD is 13.9%, -35.8% and 0.77.

Those figures are pretty clear, she is a far better jockey than either. People are blinded by the perceived fawning over her by certain cohorts of the media, when the truth is she is a way above average jockey who is excellent for the sport. Begrudgery is an awful thing.

Bryony Frost over fences, every time.

She is a brilliant jockey over the fences. She gets a great tune out of horses, she has something extra for sure.

The longer the chase the better, she knows the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Bryony Frost over fences, every time.

She is a brilliant jockey over the fences. She gets a great tune out of horses, she has something extra for sure.

The longer the chase the better, she knows the craic.

She has a lovely still position on a horse and as a result is able to get them into a lovely rhythm, you can pick here out a mile away in a large field because of it, she is also a very good judge of pace.

• Advertisement

I am still picking myself off the floor over Sam Twiston Davies if I am being honest.

Mother a christ.

Advertisement