Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,070 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Away from GME, CD Projekt Red & other European gaming stocks also seem to be getting a bump
    CDR Up 10% this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Was in for $1050 in GME from $ 66 to $88

In for a mere $500 now from $120

Its nice to be part of giving the big dogs a good kicking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I was playing around with GME last night on ig, making a few quid. didn't notice the time and I have a measly 0.33 per point long on GME at 14750. Immediately once I noted the market closed, I was like, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF*********K, last thing you want to be is holding this yoke.

jackpot if it opens up over $200!

I'm not made for this

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cal naughton

AMC up 160% in the pre market! The next GME

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Same - for BB/AMC. Mad to watch this unfold.

AMC :eek: Got in at 4.27

--Also took some profit in NNDM (Got in at 6.04)
    --Same for AEZS (Got in at 0.37)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Was in and out of GME yesterday @ $120.. & $135 for a quick profit eventually went all in at $145 just at the close then shortly after that Elon musk puts out a tweet about the Wallstreet bets redit group and the place goes nuts..

https://www.financialexpress.com/investing-abroad/featured-stories/gamestop-gme-stock-price-surges-elon-musk-chamath-reddit-wallstreetbets-melvin-capital/2179681/lite/?__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

GEVO down nearly 8% pre-market

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

AMC up 160% in the pre market! The next GME

Damn might jump in at the opening dip

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Kilboor wrote: »
    Last year I was doing some research into GME and searched reddit for any DD. This was after Burry bought in so around May time. Every single post about GME was slating the company stating it is going out of business.

Crazy how bias can change things.

I'm sure if you look back through Share Picks 2020 there are posts slating Gamestop and AMC (including mine). This isn't about the company at the moment, this is about reddit. Could be any company in any industry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Was in and out of GME yesterday @ $120.. & $135 for a quick profit eventually went all in at $145 just at the close then shortly after that Elon musk puts out a tweet about the Wallstreet bets redit group and the place goes nuts..

https://www.financialexpress.com/investing-abroad/featured-stories/gamestop-gme-stock-price-surges-elon-musk-chamath-reddit-wallstreetbets-melvin-capital/2179681/lite/?__twitter_impression=true

I feel your sellers remorse also - thinking of moving some
    Of my more stable picks into GME/AMC to see what kind of gains can be made in a day(totally against my own rules) - then again it could all go tits up at any stage.

• Advertisement

I realise it's stupid to even look at other things right now, but Microsoft had great earnings last night too, should bode well for the tech companies through earnings season. Expecting another big one from Apple today with the iPhone launch last quarter. Proably not one that's gonna impact too many directly, but our pension funds should benefit from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭allybhoy

AMC, premarkets, WTF, I took some healthy profits yesterday morning at $5.. Up to $11.52 in premarkets, over 134%... absolutely mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭circadian

retalivity wrote: »
    Away from GME, CD Projekt Red & other European gaming stocks also seem to be getting a bump
    CDR Up 10% this morning.

Aye I bought in to some CDPR after the Cyberpunk debacle. If they can pull off a Hello Games they'll be flying.

As for AMC, I was looking at it. I'm wary that it's a pump scheme to distract from GME but anyone that's in fair play, massive aftermarket gains that will hopefully come to the day trading.

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

fetch?id=1685970&d=1611694776

• Registered Users Posts: 20,044 ✭✭✭✭neris

Kilboor wrote: »
    I haven't a clue to be honest, I'm not agreeing with Burry or trying to push that narrative. I can't see where anyone has done anything wrong but at the end of the day Burry knows his **** and even being a shareholder he is saying something is wrong which I find interesting. Be curious to see what way they could possibly spin this.

Things like reddit have been going on for the last 20 years where posters on bulletin boards & yahoo groups were pushing penny stocks up and then the arse fell out of the share price (which will probably happen to GME) its just alot harder to pinpoint an anonymous pump & dumper then a boiler room set up

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gaming_needs90

Right, 400 gone onto AMC. **** it, see what the rollercoaster brings. Sorry, waiting for whatever price the maket gives me I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Magno_DT

Some of the blogs are talking about how BNGO has been directly mentioned twice in Ark's latest paper:

https://research.ark-invest.com/hubfs/1_Download_Files_ARK-Invest/White_Papers/ARK%E2%80%93Invest_BigIdeas_2021.pdf

I'll be putting a bit into it just to catch any kind of wave which might happen.

Does anyone know what is the best platform for purchasing penny stocks. Say for example: CBDL

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

neris wrote: »
    Things like reddit have been going on for the last 20 years where posters on bulletin boards & yahoo groups were pushing penny stocks up and then the arse fell out of the share price (which will probably happen to GME) its just alot harder to pinpoint an anonymous pump & dumper then a boiler room set up

This is not a pump and dump thou, it's a short squeeze.

By holding out, they are forcing the short sellers to buy at high prices to cover loses, which in turn is potentially gonna cause an infinity squeeze

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Magno_DT wrote: »
    Some of the blogs are talking about how BNGO has been directly mentioned twice in Ark's latest paper:

https://research.ark-invest.com/hubfs/1_Download_Files_ARK-Invest/White_Papers/ARK%E2%80%93Invest_BigIdeas_2021.pdf

I'll be putting a bit into it just to catch any kind of wave which might happen.

Does anyone know what is the best platform for purchasing penny stocks. Say for example: CBDL

BNGO +1600% for the month

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

This is not a pump and dump thou, it's a short squeeze.

By holding out, they are forcing the short sellers to buy at high prices to cover loses, which in turn is potentially gonna cause an infinity squeeze

they will make a movie about this in years to come

" Revenge of the Nerds "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

jams100 wrote: »
    If you want to know whats going to happen to gme take a look at the spacs.

Loads of them down 4%+ today, it will be another stock getting pumped in a few weeks.

Staying away from gme myself. Goodluck to anyone gambling on it.

Some good earnings for Microsoft today. Hopefully that also bodes well from amazon and Google next week!

Took a punt on MS results last nite...they were up nicely in AH...

GME - hold with SL folks...you could get into a big hole easily...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

GME $330 pre-market, looks like another wild day
    Edit: $360

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Not 100% sure on this but I think there are updated figures for GME short interest being reported today, as at the 15th:
    https://www.finra.org/filing-reporting/regulatory-filing-systems/short-interest#:~:text=FINRA%20requires%20firms%20to%20report,equity%20securities%20twice%20a%20month.

Just thinking out loud here but could there be potential for this report to show that the short interest has fallen quiet a bit, traders then realize that they can't short squeeze again (or that it'll take a lot more capital to do it), so then they take their profits and the whole thing ends?

Or is my thinking completely wrong here? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

RedRochey wrote: »
    Not 100% sure on this but I think there are updated figures for GME short interest being reported today, as at the 15th:
    https://www.finra.org/filing-reporting/regulatory-filing-systems/short-interest#:~:text=FINRA%20requires%20firms%20to%20report,equity%20securities%20twice%20a%20month.

Just thinking out loud here but could there be potential for this report to show that the short interest has fallen quiet a bit, traders then realize that they can't short squeeze again (or that it'll take a lot more capital to do it), so then they take their profits and the whole thing ends?

Or is my thinking completely wrong here? :D

The speculation yesterday was that it's still around 139%, if that proves correct the sp is going up and up till Friday, when it could explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gaming_needs90

Right, 400 onto AMC as I said and now 200 onto BB

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Still holding on GME - 780% increase since i bought. $1000 per share or bust.

Magno_DT wrote: »

It's on Interactive Brokers. Anyone who has a Degiro account should sign up for an IB account for the alternative stuff. Similar fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭Treppen

Right, 400 gone onto AMC. **** it, see what the rollercoaster brings. Sorry, waiting for whatever price the maket gives me I mean.

What's the buzz about AMC?

Only thing I can recall about AMC was Breaking Bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

GME will have a massive sell off at open , most people will just take the profit that they already have then risking it. I would have done the same if I had any. We will see a massive dip. After that it will all depend on what the remaining shorts % is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭positron

^ Sounds like a repeat of yesterday.

Advertisement