Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Emergency Gas man to house who just had covid

• 25-01-2021 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi
    I had to call my local Gas man to the house this morning for a suspected gas leak.
    He arrived, and while here, he told me is had just recovered from Covid, and finished his 10 day quarantine 6 days ago.
    He was masked - but stupidly, I wasnt - but did keep distance as much as possible / as often as possible eg bar showing him where I though leak was coming from.

I am now worried! Should I be concerned that he may have brought something into the house? Im googling away here and seems he would no longer be contagious - suppose I just want reassurances!

Maura

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

No, he's probably one of the safest to be around, especially if he washed his hands before entering the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I'd be more worried about the Gas, that would be my priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭mauraf

Thank you - that reassures me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

mauraf wrote: »
    He arrived, and while here, he told me is had just recovered from Covid, and finished his 10 day quarantine 6 days ago.
    He was masked - but stupidly, I wasnt - but did keep distance as much as possible / as often as possible eg bar showing him where I though leak was coming from.

He's followed all the HSE advise, done the 10 day Quarantine after a positive test, you have nothing to worry about imho, I recently recovered from Covid as well, and I was defo not still symptomatic after the 10 day quarantine, you have 6 days on top of that as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

mauraf wrote:
    He was masked - but stupidly, I wasnt

I'm surprised about how little people understand about mask use.

Wearing a mask protects others from you, not the other way round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

... there is growing evidence that even cloth masks can also reduce the amount of infectious droplets inhaled by the wearer...

I don't think the OP needs to stress out about it.

Advertisement