Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIDAL (Equiv to Spotify) for 1.11/month SEE OP POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

This is the greatest bargain ever. thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Sup08 wrote: »
    OK,
    So tried Getflix VPN for Turkey and would only give me US Dollars.
    I also have KeepSolid and use this, got the Turkish site and signed up for family.

When I look at the account is says, next payment is 9.99 lira and then it says I have subscribed to family 14.99, is the total going to be 24.98? Anyone else see this?

Update:
    I think you buy a plan for 9.99TL and then add 5 more members for 14.99TL, Total for Family plan is 24.98 TL

Don't want to confuse people, but I have added a family member to my account and now my sub says I will be charged 14.99TL on my next date. So to activate the family sub, add a family member. Thanks OP...Again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,688 ✭✭✭ablelocks

actually, can tidal be streamed via bluetooth from phone to echo without changing to amazon us account?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Noiz

I could sign up using vpn in Turkey and showing me their price for the subscription but just couldn't continue and kept saying can't accept my credit card. Tried both Revolut and a normal credit card :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,165 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Noiz wrote: »
    I could sign up using vpn in Turkey and showing me their price for the subscription but just couldn't continue and kept saying can't accept my credit card. Tried both Revolut and a normal credit card :(

I paid using a revolut virtual card and had no issues. That might be because I have a a turkish lira wallet on my revolut account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ed1140

ablelocks wrote: »
    actually, can tidal be streamed via bluetooth from phone to echo without changing to amazon us account?

Yes, I use Bluetooth to cast Tidal to Echo all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

I'm having the same problem, even when I setup up some Lira on my Revolut card :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

ed1140 wrote: »

Never knew that. Tried it there and works great. It's nice to ask Alexa to play stuff but much handier playing from phone for a lot of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I decided to sign up for the family HiFi plan, Im curious to try out the 360 reality audio

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Does your family member need to use VPN to sign up to your family account ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,290 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Great offer, cheers OP. I used tunemymusic to transfer playlist, 17 songs total not transferred, and was very quick to process too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I've signed up to the family argentina account.

I'm trying to add a friend as a family member but it's saying

The user you are trying to add has a different country associated with his/her account.

Did anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Del007 wrote: »
    I've signed up to the family argentina account.

I'm trying to add a friend as a family member but it's saying

The user you are trying to add has a different country associated with his/her account.

Did anyone else get this?

The person had an account already, they gave me a different address and it's working now

swingking wrote: »
    Does your family member need to use VPN to sign up to your family account ?

No. But it works best if they don't have a current tidal account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

The FLAC/Master for €2.22 is incredible value! Playlist transfer happening now...I'm on spotify since the good 'ol days and this might be a turning point!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Signed up for the family account. A couple of things I noticed.

1) When adding family members they must not have an account already. It complained that their country/region was different to mine
    2) I've been using the Windows app and every song or two the sound cuts for a split second. Very annoying. I tried the browser app in windows too and same thing happens. I never had a issue like this with Spotify

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I paid using a revolut virtual card and had no issues. That might be because I have a a turkish lira wallet on my revolut account.

I did too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Shlippery wrote: »
    The FLAC/Master for €2.22 is incredible value! Playlist transfer happening now...I'm on spotify since the good 'ol days and this might be a turning point!

How does that compare to deezer hifi package in terms of sound quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,688 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ed1140 wrote: »

and we're off.

goodbye spotify, Merhaba Tidal!

Yup I signed up for that too. HiFi family is under 4 euro a month.

Does this definitely work? Like when we get billed for the first time is it known to have no issues?

• Advertisement

Yup I signed up for that too. HiFi family is under 4 euro a month.

Does this definitely work? Like when we get billed for the first time is it known to have no issues?

Well, I've all the playlists transferred, if any issues I can jump back to Spotify handy enough, but I'm impressed so far. find the UI nice as well.

Well, I've all the playlists transferred, if any issues I can jump back to Spotify handy enough, but I'm impressed so far. find the UI nice as well.
    Yeah fair point. I just tested and Tidal works fine with Android Auto btw.

I'm in the 4th month, no issue. Revolut did freeze my card the first time but once I verified it wasn't suspicious, there's been no issue since.
    I had the same issue with youtube argentina.

If you change packages mid month, it modifies the rate and length of membership.

Lastly, I did get an email mid Dec that they had issues with a licence in Turkey (due to a new law) and i couldn't listen until they sorted it. Mine kept working. They emailed a few days later that it was all sorted and gave me a free month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

l wonder would you notice the difference or effect of Hifi on a good pair of headphones like the bose or sony high end stuff or would you need a proper DAC type setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Russ Hanneman

Any solution for this problem? I've tried Tunnelbear via Argentina & Hola via Turkey. I used my 2 revolut cards, plus the virtual card & finally my AIB card, all to no avail.

bidiots wrote: »
    l wonder would you notice the difference or effect of Hifi on a good pair of headphones like the bose or sony high end stuff or would you need a proper DAC type setup?

Wouldn't class myself as an audiophile but I do have amp/bookshelf/cheap dac and speakers so figure I'll get extra benefit from the switch to Tidal.

Main attraction is still the price point...this BA for two quid a month with the added bonus of the high quality stuff was too good to pass up! & it casts to my google home just fine, so I don't seem to be losing anything I had with spotify!

Any solution for this problem? I've tried Tunnelbear via Argentina & Hola via Turkey. I used my 2 revolut cards, plus the virtual card & finally my AIB card, all to no avail.

Yes I’m also crying out for a solution to this obstacle

I still have my spotify (as I had done a year on a family slot which is nearly up for renewal) and gave tidal a try. I haven't used spotify in a month. It's a bargain, to hell with spotify. Between this and youtube music for live stuff, they're both BA of the year for me.

Len_007 wrote: »
    Yes I’m also crying out for a solution to this obstacle

have you tried a different device or anything?

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    have you tried a different device or anything?

Yes, both my work & personal laptop with hola Vpn Chrome extension 😫

Advertisement