Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Marty1983

I think Leo feels like we are all actually stupid and we should get over it.

This is a matter of right and wrong and he did the latter.

I cant stand the man, i find him a smarmy PR stunt in a suit.

His front bench mush be watching eachother to see if anyone is going to make a move, he who yields the knife rarely wears the crown.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Leo is toast.

Listen to the warnings given out by the department about the confidentiality of the document before it was leaked. Publically available it was not.

https://twitter.com/KieranFeely/status/1352341984833376257?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Varadkar could probably get caught doing anything and FF and the Greens will still support him,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

McMurphy wrote: »
    She swanned off to Brussels. Maybe you have a different recollection of what conclusion was reached.

She was fully exonerated by an independent report.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

markodaly wrote: »
    She was fully exonerated by an independent report.

Lol, the last time you went through this you eventually had to slink off with your tail between your legs.

Where, in the independent report, was she, Frances Fitzgerald, exonerated for misleading the Dail and her then Taoiseach mark?

Here, I'll even link you to it. http://opac.oireachtas.ie/AWData/Library3/Third_Interim_Report_121254.pdf

You went off to fetch that part last time you went through this pantomime, and you never did comeback.

Why oh why would you voluntarily embarrass yourself again over something you know well is going to end up with you and egg on face?

Martin and McDonald refuse to apologise to Fitzgerald

• Advertisement

Lol, the last time you went through this you eventually had to slink off with your tail between your legs.

Where, in the independent report, was she, Frances Fitzgerald, exonerated for misleading the Dail and her then Taoiseach mark?

Here, I'll even link you to it. http://opac.oireachtas.ie/AWData/Library3/Third_Interim_Report_121254.pdf

You went off to fetch that part last time you went through this pantomime, and you never did comeback.

Why oh why would you voluntarily embarrass yourself again over something you know well is going to end up with you and egg on face?

Not at all, I have the actual facts and truth on my side.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/frances-fitzgerald-acted-appropriately-at-all-times-charleton-1.3660184
    The Charleton Tribunal has fully accepted the evidence of former tánaiste and minister for justice Frances Fitzgerald about her knowledge of, and responses to, an alleged Garda strategy to undermine the reputation of Garda whistleblower Maurice McCabe.

The Tribunal report gives a clear exoneration to Ms Fitzgerald, who was forced to resign from the Government in November 2017 as a result of the political controversy surrounding her role.
    The Tribunal has found she acted appropriately at all times, and had been the political victim of a furore that escalated from a misconception of the Garda strategy towards Sgt McCabe at the O’Higgins Commission two years earlier in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭golfball37

She claimed not to have seen an email with a subject line of the biggest justice scandal for years whilst she was minister for justice?
    She did something wrong no matter how it’s spun. Either willfully or through incompetence- take your pick

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

golfball37 wrote: »
    She claimed not to have seen an email with a subject line of the biggest justice scandal for years whilst she was minister for justice?
    She did something wrong no matter how it’s spun. Either willfully or through incompetence- take your pick

She mislead the Dáil which is what led to Micheal Martin threatening to pull the plug, so she resigned.

That was the reason, that she was exonerated by the Inquiry is another issue altogether.

Ill post it again as you seem to have trouble reading.

The Tribunal report gives a clear exoneration to Ms Fitzgerald, who was forced to resign from the Government in November 2017 as a result of the political controversy surrounding her role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭golfball37

She mislead the Dáil which is what led to Micheal Martin threatening to pull the plug, so she resigned.

That was the reason, that she was exonerated by the Inquiry is another issue altogether.
    She wasn’t fit to hold office after the inaction on the email. The people who FG represent are mostly professional classes who work in jobs where inaction on something of grave importance means serious consequences in any job. How they can defend this shows how bad politics is here.

What you are doing is covered in the last line of this quote. Interesting reading the article and being reminded of Leo's part in this. Familiar behaviour.

Ms Fitzgerald did not have to resign because she failed to stop a challenge to Sgt McCabe’s motivation in 2015.

She was correct in how she handled that matter.

She had to resign because she misrepresented the extent of her knowledge about what went on in 2015, she was slow in answering legitimate questions, her briefing to the Taoiseach saw him mislead the Dáil, and her department failed to discover important documents to the Disclosures Tribunal.

Now Fine Gael wants to brush over that reality and claim the political high ground.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-30876014.html

I have no trouble in the world reading mark, but you seem to be very confused.

If you want to argue about what Frances Fitzgerald was exonerated of, knock yourself out.

However - I made the point Leo Varadkar, and Simon Harris have both seemingly lied in the Dail to cover each others arses, ie - misled the Dail.

Remind me why Frances Fitzgerald resigned?

Was Frances ever exonerated for the reason she resigned?

I don't think the Charleton report covered her misleading the Dail, but if it does, and she's exonerated in it, I'll hold my hands up.

Shall I start counting to a million while you fetch that part for me horse?

I have no trouble in the world reading mark, but you seem to be very confused.

If you want to argue about what Frances Fitzgerald was exonerated of, knock yourself out.

However - I made the point Leo Varadkar, and Simon Harris have both seemingly lied in the Dail to cover each others arses, ie - misled the Dail.

Remind me why Frances Fitzgerald resigned?

I don't think the Charleton report covered her misleading the Dail, but if it does, and she's exonerated in it, I'll hold my hands up.

Shall I start counting to a million while you fetch that part for me horse?

Not hard to see why Leo's shenanigans are trivialised and glossed over. A few years they'll be pretendng it never happened either.

Not hard to see why Leo's shenanigans are trivialised and glossed over. A few years they'll be pretendng it never happened either.

What's all the more bizzare is, mark has been through this aaaallllllll before, and knows well what is being discussed.

Yes, yes she was.
    The Tribunal report gives a clear exoneration to Ms Fitzgerald
    Definition of exonerate
    transitive verb

1: to relieve of a responsibility, obligation, or hardship
    2: to clear from accusation or blame

He did! Read the report.

He did! Read the report.

Where though? Why can't you point towards that piece? If he did, and it's within that report, I find it behind bizzare that you haven't bothered your hole quoting it on thread here.

It's not in it mark, is it?

Look at you - googling away like a mad yoke for something you know doesn't exist. It's adorable. :D

What's all the more bizzare is, mark has been through this aaaallllllll before, and knows well what is being discussed.

I know, and he is still having the same difficulty, finding the section where she was exonerated for misleading her leader and consequently the Dáil. The reason as Clifford says FF smelt blood and called for her head. They got it.

Where though? Why can't you point towards that piece? If he did, and it's within that report, I find it behind bizzare that you haven't bothered your hole quoting it on thread here.
    The Tribunal report gives a clear exoneration to Ms Fitzgerald

You are welcome.

You are welcome.

Ms Fitzgerald did not have to resign because she failed to stop a challenge to Sgt McCabe’s motivation in 2015.

She was correct in how she handled that matter.

She had to resign because she misrepresented the extent of her knowledge about what went on in 2015, she was slow in answering legitimate questions, her briefing to the Taoiseach saw him mislead the Dáil, and her department failed to discover important documents to the Disclosures Tribunal.

Now Fine Gael wants to brush over that reality and claim the political high ground.

• Advertisement

You are welcome.

This is the internet equivalent of staring at a spot on the wall is it?

There's only so many articles and quotes one can give you to clearly explain about what Frances Fitzgerald resigned for, and what she was exonerated of.

Two different things entirely.

By your reckoning, the report exonerated her for not admitting to a fart in her teenage years FFS.

Please stop the disingenuous posting in entirely bad faith.

There's only so many articles and quotes one can give you to clearly explain about what Frances Fitzgerald resigned for, and what she was exonerated of.

It doesn't really matter what I say, you will believe what you want, but the Disclosures Tribunal has exonerated her completely.
    Everything else is just smoke and mirrors and says more about the people trying to dig up falsehoods.

It doesn't really matter what I say, you will believe what you want, but the Disclosures Tribunal has exonerated her completely.
    Everything else is just smoke and mirrors and says more about the people trying to dig up falsehoods.

Your party is in government with somebody who still believes this:
    Asked on RTÉ radio’s This Week programme if he was prepared to apologise Mr Martin said he bore her no ill will and had nothing personal against Ms Fitzgerald.

“It’s very regrettable on a personal level what happened to Frances Fitzgerald, of course. And I never wanted to be in that position last November.”

But he said the Opposition lost confidence in Ms Fitzgerald because vital information was withheld and the Dáil was misled on whether or not she was aware of what was transpiring at the O’Higgins commission.

Mr Martin said that the Government should be at least as exercised if not more exercised about the main conclusions of the Disclosures Tribunal report than “by their own particular parties’ fortunes and a member of their Government”.

The Fianna Fáil leader said there were links between the controversy which led to Ms FitzGerald stepping down and the resignation of minister for communications Denis Naughten in the withholding of information from the Dáil.

He said Dáil questions from Labour TD Alan Kelly about the Garda smear allegations should have been answered fully. He said information was withheld from both the Dáil and the tribunal and only provided when the Taoiseach ordered a trawl of documents within the Department of Justice.

“The Dáil should be treated up front and with respect and full transparency,” he said.

Embarrassed for you that you had to go out to bat on this one.

I'm embarrassed people have to bring up a story from 2-3 years ago to try and make some political capital out of it.
    Just goes to show you what little else there is to talk about.

All as said in done, the report exonerated her completely.

I'm embarrassed people have to bring up a story from 2-3 years ago to try and make some political capital out of it.

No Mark...as Mick Clifford said, you couldn't pass mention of her without climbing onto the high moral ground and now you look foolish.

Everyone is wrong except Mark. Dear oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If thats the case they you will be able to quote the exact sentence in the Charleton Tribunal Report where he exonerated her for misleading the Dail. You are after all claiming that he exonerated her "completely".

And if she was exonerated "completely" as you claim then why pray tell did she resign? She must be a bit thick if she resigned having done nothing wrong.

Of course we both know thats not the case. Theres two matters at play here, one was her evidence to the Tribunal and two was her misleading the Dail. She was not and nor will she ever be exonerated for misleading the Dail, hence her resignation.

But of course you knew all that. It really is like Groundhog Day around here :rolleyes:

Muahahaha wrote: »
    If thats the case they you will be able to quote the exact sentence in the Charleton Tribunal Report where he exonerated her for misleading the Dail. You are after all claiming that he exonerated her "completely".

And if she was exonerated "completely" as you claim then why pray tell did she resign? She must be a bit thick if she resigned having done nothing wrong.

Of course we both know thats not the case. Theres two matters at play here, one was her evidence to the Tribunal and two was her misleading the Dail. She was not and nor will she ever be exonerated for misleading the Dail, hence her resignation.

But of course you knew all that. It really is like Groundhog Day around here :rolleyes:

Did you read the report?
    Did you read the Irish Times article?

The answer to your question lies therein.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Did you read the report?
    Did you read the Irish Times article?

The answer to your question lies therein.

Try again marko
    If thats the case they you will be able to quote the exact sentence in the Charleton Tribunal Report where he exonerated her for misleading the Dail

Im waiting ;)

Try again marko

I gave you your answer, your strawman gotcha notwithstanding.
    It is like arguing with Anti-Vaxxers, where they pull some pseudoscience out of a hat and expect to be taken seriously

Strawmen, whataboutery, gotcha questions are all irrelevant.
    Francis Fitzgerald was totally exonerated by the Charlton report, that is a Fact.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/1011/1002474-disclosures-tribunal-frances-fitzgerald/
    The Disclosures Tribunal's third interim report states that by the time the inquiry came to hear matters in relation to the issue of Sergeant Maurice McCabe's treatment at the O'Higgins Commission, former tánaiste Frances Fitzgerald had "selflessly" decided to resign in the national interest.

Everything else is just nonesense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Try again marko

Im waiting ;)

You'll be waiting. Alot of nonsense getting posted. Anyway. Back to the topic at hand. Another day of the leaker leaking in the headlines.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1352535948530233344?s=19

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement