Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil VIIIage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

xtal191 wrote: »

WARNING: Unbased Speculation!!1!

I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent rumours that Capcom have been struggling with RE8 on the PS5. If they've had to scale back elements on the next gen version, it may make it viable again on the less powerful current gen.

Huge story details have apparently been leaked online (along with new screenshots) over the last few days. It seems a development build of the game was nabbed in the recent ransomware attack on Capcom. As a result, the entire plot, including ending, are out there.

You have been warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Huge story details have apparently been leaked online (along with new screenshots) over the last few days. It seems a development build of the game was nabbed in the recent ransomware attack on Capcom. As a result, the entire plot, including ending, are out there.

You have been warned!

Fan-****ing-tastic.

Hopefully they don't take too long to release it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Just went and read all the spoilers there. Because f*** it.

Nothing too interesting really. Except for the ending which is a bit naff.

• Advertisement

More rumours from the leak suggest that there'll be some multiplayer aspect to the game, with some saying it's a significantly sized element, and not just tacked on fluff. Others reckon it could be a F2P standalone. Meh.

More rumours from the leak suggest that there'll be some multiplayer aspect to the game, with some saying it's a significantly sized element, and not just tacked on fluff. Others reckon it could be a F2P standalone. Meh.

Please don't turn RE into a co-op game again Capcom, we have only just recovered from the last time you tried that ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So the boss looking lady from the teaser trailer is about 9 foot tall. I thought it was just perspective with the other ladies in the background but below shows her crouching to go through a door. Hope she's the new Mr. X

Death by snu snu..

https://twitter.com/TheSphereHunter/status/1349751689281060864?s=19

^Thanked for the Futurama reference.

Yeah, the internet has certainly embraced giant vamp woman. I can't wait for the fan fic.

• Advertisement

Village is out in may, also available on last consoles, demo called Maiden available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Village is out in may, also available on last consoles, demo called Maiden available now.

7th of May. Bring. It. On.

Goddam psn store not working so can't download the demo!

I never recommend pre-ordering, but apparently you'll get RE7 to play for free right now, if you pre-order this. No idea if that's across all systems/platforms yet though.

I read this incorrectly. They're doing a 7/8 bundle, and you'll get 7 now if you pre-order, but they actually didn't say it would be free. Mea culpa.

Demo is PS5 only as far as I can see?

Demo is PS5 only as far as I can see?

Yupp, it is a self contained mini game like kitchen for 7. Proper demo releasing in spring for all consoles.

Store working again downloading the Maiden demo, 4gb, bring it on!

For anyone not on ps5, my friend is streaming it, downloading it at the moment.

http://www.twitch.tv/letssurvivepaddyplays

The demo was awesome! Playtime was about 17 minutes, captured the whole thing on vid, still processing on YouTube but will post it here in the morning if anyone fancies a watch. The details are just incredible and you get to visit a location from the trailers and meet a familiar face. Definitely gonna give 7 another playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I want my PS5 now God damn it! :(

• Advertisement

What is the sound quality like? Think they said they'll be putting Tempest through its paces (at least for the full game).

What is the sound quality like? Think they said they'll be putting Tempest through its paces (at least for the full game).

I was gonna put on headphones and pussied out but will play again today with them and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

After years, I still cant get my head around this first person RE approach. For me, RE is all about 3rd person. RE 2, 3 remakes were amazing, looked and played beautifully, as did all of the original RE games. I am a real RE fan having finished the vast majority of their 3rd person instalments.

RE 7 and now 8 dont look as good in my eyes, very grainy graphics and I just dont like the first person. That and they are not really RE games.

I cant help but feel that they are just piggy backing on the RE name in order to gain traction and sales. For me this game looks meh and not one that I would be buying day one.

They should just focus on giving us new 3rd person proper RE games using the updated RE Engine. Give us zombies and a new storyline. Id be all over that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

ZiabR wrote: »
    After years, I still cant get my head around this first person RE approach. For me, RE is all about 3rd person. RE 2, 3 remakes were amazing, looked and played beautifully, as did all of the original RE games. I am a real RE fan having finished the vast majority of their 3rd person instalments.

RE 7 and now 8 dont look as good in my eyes, very grainy graphics and I just dont like the first person. That and they are not really RE games.

I cant help but feel that they are just piggy backing on the RE name in order to gain traction and sales. For me this game looks meh and not one that I would be buying day one.

They should just focus on giving us new 3rd person proper RE games using the updated RE Engine. Give us zombies and a new storyline. Id be all over that!

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I don't think it's fair to say that RE7 and 8 aren't really RE games - they absolutely are. I presume you're also of the opinion that Resident Evil 4 isn't a real RE game too? The series can also be defined not just by it's zombies and it's 3rd person camera, but by it's willingness to experiment and evolve over time.

All this is coming from someone who bought a Gamecube because of the REmake and still rates my original playthrough of Code Veronica on the Dreamcast as one of my favourite gaming experiences. My favourite RE games are the pre-RE4 3rd person experiences, but that's not all there is to the series.

I actually really like how Capcom have mixed it up. Sometimes it's an absolute hit like 4, sometimes it's mostly doo doo like 6 but I think 7 really works for the series. They were unable to match the horror atmosphere of 1 until that game imo. With Remake of 2 and 3 and with 4 remake rumoured, I'm more than happy for them to give us the best of both worlds. Not Re:Verse though, that can just feck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Have you played 7 though? I've been a Resi fan from the very beginning and despite the shift to first person for 7 and now Village, they feel different, but they still feel more Resi than other games like 5 and 6 ever did. And the first person view actually adds to the unnerving feeling of making your way around these environments.

Star Lord wrote: »
    I've been a Resi fan from the very beginning and despite the shift to first person for 7 and now Village, they feel different, but they still feel more Resi than other games like 5 and 6 ever did. And the first person view actually adds to the unnerving feeling of making your way around these environments.

Same, RE7 was what the series needed. I am getting serious REmake vibes from the maiden demo, can't wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Star Lord wrote: »
    Have you played 7 though? I've been a Resi fan from the very beginning and despite the shift to first person for 7 and now Village, they feel different, but they still feel more Resi than other games like 5 and 6 ever did. And the first person view actually adds to the unnerving feeling of making your way around these environments.

I will be honest, I only got about half way through 7 before dropping it. I think it just felt more like an Outlast kind of game more than an RE game. My favourites are all still Pre 4. I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, I just think for me, the shift to first person and how the game plays, just don't give me the same feel as say RE 1 or RE 2. I will keep an eye on the game, and wait for reviews.

EDIT - I dont rate 5 or 6 at all. Finished them but didn't like them at all. There was no horror to them.

ZiabR wrote: »
    I will be honest, I only got about half way through 7 before dropping it. I think it just felt more like an Outlast kind of game more than an RE game. My favourites are all still Pre 4. I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, I just think for me, the shift to first person and how the game plays, just don't give me the same feel as say RE 1 or RE 2. I will keep an eye on the game, and wait for reviews.

EDIT - I dont rate 5 or 6 at all. Finished them but didn't like them at all. There was no horror to them.

I have seen people describe RE7 as being like Outlast and I honestly don't get it, there is only 1 section of it (directly after the dinner table) that is similar to Outlast and that is couple of minutes long at most. Everything after that is pure resident evil.

I'd mostly agree about 5 and 6. I still think RE5 is a good game, just not a particularly good RE game. RE6 is so ****ing bad that that I rank it alongside Trump, Covid 19 and global warming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Loved 7 and only recently finished it again. Played the demo last night, got a couple of scares from it, it was mostly just eerie tension which was great.

Advertisement