Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭andrewfaulk

nicnac wrote: »
    I got this response from Easons....

"
    I apologise for the continued delay with your order.

Theses books are part of our extended range and were shipped from a logistics centre in the UK.

Regrettably, we have been experiencing extended delays in processing items sourced from the UK.
    All outstanding orders are in transit to Ireland and will be sent directly to an An Post sorting depot for sorting and delivery.
    Once received and scanned by An Post Tracking will be available.

We expect all outstanding deliveries to be received by An Post this week and deliveries enacted shortly thereafter.
    Please note that tracking will not be available until the package has been scanned for delivery by An Post
    "

Note, they said the same thing last week..

Was going to order some books from easons that were published by osprey publishing from the Uk.. didn’t go ahead with the order in the end as I guessed the were drop shipping from osprey or ordering from osprey to ship on to me.. would imagine they do similar with more niche/lower demand items

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭SketchyPrince

Most regular postage taking about two days with the last while, am I right in saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

Was going to order some books from easons that were published by osprey publishing from the Uk.. didn’t go ahead with the order in the end as I guessed the were drop shipping from osprey or ordering from osprey to ship on to me.. would imagine they do similar with more niche/lower demand items
    An item I ordered from Easons has taken 10 days to get from UK to An Post. Now I have to wait for An Post to deliver it. I have some parcels which have been sitting with An Post since 5th Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

emrys wrote: »
    Received this morning a parcel posted to me on December 15th with tracking from Finland. Tracking code never registered on the track and trace until after it was delivered this morning.

Another package from the same company/location sent following day yet to arrive and not appearing on the track and trace.

Rediculous service

Over the last few weeks I've been in and out to some of the post offices with work, the amount of post is crazy. It gets dropped off by two or three trucks and a couple of vans in the evenings and it's just pallet after pallet of parcels. I'm surprised delivery times aren't longer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Is anyone else getting the "An Post have attempted to deliver your package" notification, but in fact, An Post did not make any attempt?

It's happened me twice in the last few days. I've been at home at the time, and have a video doorbell so can prove they didn't attempt to deliver anything!

Perhaps too busy and hoping we'll all just come to them for collections instead?

Thanks,
    Al.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting the "An Post have attempted to deliver your package" notification, but in fact, An Post did not make any attempt?

It's happened me twice in the last few days. I've been at home at the time, and have a video doorbell so can prove they didn't attempt to deliver anything!

Perhaps too busy and hoping we'll all just come to them for collections instead?

Thanks,
    Al.

This happened a lot to me in November. In reality, the postman didn't get a chance to get to me so had to return to depot. It happened a couple of times for one package.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Pen Rua wrote: »
    This happened a lot to me in November. In reality, the postman didn't get a chance to get to me so had to return to depot. It happened a couple of times for one package.

Same to me in Dublin 8. Iv always wondered do they enter it in the system as an attempted delivery in order to skew data in terms of the amount of undelivered parcels. It never seems to happen me with Amazon but usually smaller businesses or person to person post.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

got 3 different text messages in a row today for 3 different parcels, maybe the backlog has been eased??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

fryup wrote: »
    got 3 different text messages in a row today for 3 different parcels, maybe the backlog has been eased??

No internal irish backlog. They can handle 2m+ parcels a week with their additional systems.

We are finding 98%+ next day delivery which is as good as you get.

There are loads of delays on all international parcels - both coming in and going out of Ireland as the airfreight capacity simply is not there due to flight cancelations. Same applies to every country.

Royal Mail in the uk is a shambles with up to two weeks before some items even start their journey

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

Darc19 wrote: »
    There are loads of delays on all international parcels - both coming in and going out of Ireland as the airfreight capacity simply is not there due to flight cancelations. Same applies to every country.

Royal Mail in the uk is a shambles with up to two weeks before some items even start their journey

I noticed this, I returned something from an UK seller in my local post office on the 11th Jan and I haven't had any tracking updates since 12th Jan "Your post has left An Post DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12". I don't expect it will be in the UK before February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

So with Covid, I ordered some vape liquids, from a shop in Waterford City, with express delivery, yesterday; Monday morning. I received an update from An Post track and trace hours later that my package was accepted in Waterford DSU, 5 hours later another update states "we have your post in Waterford DSU". All is going great i think, but then again its posted in Waterford for delivery in Waterford, so its going to be fast. So i'm expecting delivery today Tuesday.

Then I receive an update stating today "Your delivery has been sorted in Portlaoise Mail Centre, Laois"

I get onto live chat to be informed that all post regardless of destination is relayed to Laois for sorting. I never new this. Has it always been this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

All post in the south east gets collected from the local DSU and goes to portlaoise to be sorted.

From there it goes to the DSU for where it's addressed to.

Express post is usually guaranteed overnight delivery but since this pandemic started, some items take a day longer as the system is overloaded with people posting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

BigAl81 wrote:

The package turned up today, just one day later. Not too bad given all that's going on in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Dublinandy3

I post stuff I sell on adverts and get a fair few too. Stuff from abroad is obv delayed not because of an post but the last week or so all an post stuff has been usual delivery times (eg next day when it says next day)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Abiya041

I know this thread hasn't been active for 2 weeks or so but has anyone had anything from the us delivered by Usps recently. I had an item reach Dublin transfer airport 2 days ago and was wondering how many days before I can expect it.Reading previous posts suggest that it will just turn up without being logged onto anpost tracking system.

*Update*-put the tracking number into anpost tracking this morning and says it's out for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

Stuff ordered Amazon 23rd Dec Prime. After many date changes its due today via an post by 8pm.... Somehow I doubt it!

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Small packet arrived today - sent 4 weeks ago from Drogheda - excellent service An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

And me!

johndoe99 wrote: »
    So with Covid, I ordered some vape liquids, from a shop in Waterford City, with express delivery, yesterday; Monday morning. I received an update from An Post track and trace hours later that my package was accepted in Waterford DSU, 5 hours later another update states "we have your post in Waterford DSU". All is going great i think, but then again its posted in Waterford for delivery in Waterford, so its going to be fast. So i'm expecting delivery today Tuesday.

Then I receive an update stating today "Your delivery has been sorted in Portlaoise Mail Centre, Laois"

I get onto live chat to be informed that all post regardless of destination is relayed to Laois for sorting. I never new this. Has it always been this way?

Absolutely standard in most delivery services around the world.

Only if it's marked "Waterford" on an easily read separate label and kept away from other parcels, will it stay in Waterford.

Sort of like M&S, they have some of their chocolates made by lily O'Briens in Newbridge. They are shipped to the UK distribution centre and then shipped back to their Newbridge store about 500m from the factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I ordered from Easons a week ago and just came across this thread. My order hasn't been received by An Post yet either by the looks of things

My order from Easons arrived today. Almost a month from an Irish retailer. It would put me off ordering from Easons again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

My order from Easons arrived today. Almost a month from an Irish retailer. It would put me off ordering from Easons again.

Why you blaming Easons?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

That delay is 100% not Eason's fault. Shame on you for that.

Why you blaming Easons?

Probably because the poster said that the item had not been received by an post up to a couple of days ago,

Seems Easons are "drop shipping" some items from UK publishers and this is causing delays as they probably all go via royal mail.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

That delay is 100% not Eason's fault. Shame on you for that.

Easons definitely at fault for some of it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115909210&postcount=1252

There are a few examples in this thread of An Post waiting for orders from Easons.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Are there still massive delays with Anpost ? I am waiting on 2 parcels , 1 arrived into Dublin on January 17th and the other on January 24th and they haven’t moved from the status of “arrived at sorting office “ .. last week I got a Xmas card that was sent to me in the middle of December from someone that lives 7klm away !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I had a package that arrived in Ireland December 1, And at facility December 4. Was just delivered yesterday lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭harr

Not only delays on packages coming from overseas for an post .. I had two deliveries due to me last week one was posted tracked and cost €20 and it took 6 days to get 45km .. the second I paid express delivery with DHL coming from Berlin again 20 something euro for delivery.
    Left the shop in Berlin 1600 last Thursday and I had by 3pm the next day.
    The tracking info for an post updated only once that when it was delivered.. paying extra for tracking with an post now seems pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jordo1993

Abiya041 wrote: »
    I know this thread hasn't been active for 2 weeks or so but has anyone had anything from the us delivered by Usps recently. I had an item reach Dublin transfer airport 2 days ago and was wondering how many days before I can expect it.Reading previous posts suggest that it will just turn up without being logged onto anpost tracking system.

How long after this did the tracking finally update? Mine had arrived on Monday morning still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I had a package that arrived in Ireland December 1, And at facility December 4. Was just delivered yesterday lol.

I have a package supplied and dispatched by Amazon sitting in Dub office since last monday week. Other stuff I've ordered arrives withing 5 days. It's a bigger mess up there than it normally is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Been over one month now since a parcel was sent International Signed for from UK. Royal mail tracking said it was available for collection in Dublin on the 26th Jan. Contacted An Post who said it now may have been returned. No delivery slip, attempt etc. So frustrating as the items are irreplaceable (one off art pieces) Low commercial value, but high sentimental value. Anyone else have their stuff sent back?

Advertisement