Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I bought a mobile Coffee unit...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

RATM wrote: »
    haha good idea. Though I'd just plaster Mr.Bean's image on the van. Say nothing and see what happens. Then if the rights owners send you a letter go to the tabloids and tell them you are a little coffee stall owner who is being sued by a mute comedian. You couldn't make that stuff up and neither could you buy the publicity :D

Brilliant. I love it.. Do that. Thats defo more my style! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭dazzerb

Perfect your "latte art". Good way to differentiate yourself for other coffee vendors and I think it demonstrates that you are really caring about the product you are handing over to your customers.

Seen it done with a few mobile coffee vendors in Ireland and I always think it is a nice touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

that's amazing..> the monkey one is brilliant.

If you can manage to do a Mr Bean i will personally travel to Dublin every day to buy one from you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Good luck with your venture.

I use Mr Cotton each morning. Here are a couple of things that they do which may be of use to you:

1. Loyalty cards - free coffee for every ten purchased. The cards are basic but have all the contact details on it, which is a cheap promotion method.

2. There's a building site near the business park I work in. (I know, not many of them around these days!). Mr Cotton pops up there after the morning rush has died down in the business park, so he hits them for their morning tea-break. Back down to the business park then for the early lunch crowd. Just a suggestion if you find that there are quiet times in your daily route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 donalgeraghty

Hi think its a great idea,ware would one buy a tuk tuk like yours.Thinking of doing it myself.
    donaljgeraghty@gmail.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭kizzyf

Good idea but I'd imagine it's hard to keep up the pace with it. Would be interested to hear how you're going now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

goldwolf wrote: »
    Hi all

I have just bought a mobile coffee unit, an Italian Piaggio Ape ! I've done a deal with 'Lavazza' coffee as my suppliers etc. I have previously run bars/restaurants successfully and know a thing or two about coffees.

Has anyone here any advice, ideas, or thoughts for me? I'd be very grateful to hear them...

You can see my mobile Coffee unit on Facebook,
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Dublin/Mr-Beans-mobile-coffee/149772771706461?ref=ts&__a=7&ajaxpipe=1

I have named the business " Mr. Bean " and registered the name !!

I'm based around Wicklow but am hoping to attend farmers markets, and find a train station with commuters but no cafe etc etc...

I know this is a year later but hopefully you still check on boards now and again! :) How much did you pay for a vendors licience and do you need permission to sell before you park and commencing the coffee making??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Arsenal11

goldwolf wrote: »
    Hi all

I have just bought a mobile coffee unit, an Italian Piaggio Ape ! I've done a deal with 'Lavazza' coffee as my suppliers etc. I have previously run bars/restaurants successfully and know a thing or two about coffees.

Has anyone here any advice, ideas, or thoughts for me? I'd be very grateful to hear them...

You can see my mobile Coffee unit on Facebook,
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Dublin/Mr-Beans-mobile-coffee/149772771706461?ref=ts&__a=7&ajaxpipe=1

I have named the business " Mr. Bean " and registered the name !!

I'm based around Wicklow but am hoping to attend farmers markets, and find a train station with commuters but no cafe etc etc...

Would you mind DMing me i would absolutely love to ask you a few questions if you don't mind

Thinking of opening one up myself in killarney and would love your 10 year experience to get some info .!

Really would appreciate it 😀

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

That account is no longer active so you are unlikely to get a reply here - the facebook page also seems to be gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Arsenal11 wrote: »
    Would you mind DMing me i would absolutely love to ask you a few questions if you don't mind

Thinking of opening one up myself in killarney and would love your 10 year experience to get some info .!

Really would appreciate it ��

Hey Arsenal,
    It just a personal opinion but Killarney seems overrun with Coffee Shops atm, 3 new ones in the 4 /5 weeks and Bean in Dingle due to open soon.
    There is also a mobile unit that uses Corcorans Car Park at the weekends
    Best of luck if you proceed

Advertisement