Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

International Tractor

• 17-01-2021 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I am looking at buying a tractor for topping and spraying fields. Looking for something simple that would be reliable. International look good value. Are these be a good tractor. Thinking of spending less than 10k. What’s your thoughts or should I look at a different make.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

When your in that sort of money it’s all down to how a tractor was looked after.

If it were kept indoors and oily bits fixed as needed then it should be good as any. Look at the tyres, if you need to replace them it can add significantly to the costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,024 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Make sure that you can source the spray yourself. I'm just saying because this is in "smallholding" and you might not be aware that there might be other things you would need to go through to be registered etc. that would make it not worth your while.

As far as I am aware, technically the places selling product don't have to demand a user number before selling to a customer but that in reality most do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

Internationals are good value....but maybe for a reason? If you find one in good condition that you're happy with, it should be sound for that work.
    10k should get you a decent MF 265 or 290 if you do a bit of searching.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

OP let me know if you want this moved to main forum. You might get more replies.

Neighbour restored an International 474(?) recently that he has owned from new. Cost more to restore than buy it in the 1970s! His one has a Perkins engine. Important thing for them is to have the correct oil in the back end.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

blue5000 wrote: »
    OP let me know if you want this moved to main forum. You might get more replies.

Neighbour restored an International 474(?) recently that he has owned from new. Cost more to restore than buy it in the 1970s! His one has a Perkins engine. Important thing for them is to have the correct oil in the back end.

It's a 475 if it has the Perkins engine. Basically identical to a 474 apart from the engine. The Perkins was fitted at a time when International couldn't manufacture enough of their own engines to meet demand for some reason....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Gorteen

I'm thinking of selling my 1992 Zetor 7011, if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭White Clover

Gorteen wrote: »
    I'm thinking of selling my 1992 Zetor 7011, if you're interested.

1s that a 7211 since it's a '92?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

hopeso wrote: »
    Internationals are good value....but maybe for a reason? If you find one in good condition that you're happy with, it should be sound for that work.
    10k should get you a decent MF 265 or 290 if you do a bit of searching.

I would certainly advice to consider a clean MF 265 sankey cab.

A very capable piece of kit with the excellent .236 Perkins engine

Perhaps one of the best machines I drove of that size from that era

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Make sure that you can source the spray yourself. I'm just saying because this is in "smallholding" and you might not be aware that there might be other things you would need to go through to be registered etc. that would make it not worth your while.

As far as I am aware, technically the places selling product don't have to demand a user number before selling to a customer but that in reality most do.

Give them the VAT number off the ESB bill. They asked the question - their box is ticked, and the sale is rung up.

On the actual tractor question, if you are only topping and spraying would you be better off with a quad? 10k will get you the quad and a few implements like spray and topper and maybe a small trailer for odd bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭hotrodder

Give them the VAT number off the ESB bill. They asked the question - their box is ticked, and the sale is rung up.

On the actual tractor question, if you are only topping and spraying would you be better off with a quad? 10k will get you the quad and a few implements like spray and topper and maybe a small trailer for odd bits.

Would quad be able for topping rushes etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Well if you have the right topper it would. The topper has its own engine and the quad just pulls it along. I've seen ones that eat up rushes no bother to em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Gorteen

1s that a 7211 since it's a '92?

No. It's a 7011

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭White Clover

Gorteen wrote: »
    No. It's a 7011

1982 so. Any pictures of it?

Advertisement