Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

jnk883 wrote: »
    When did it leave the warehouse? Trying to see how long mine might take to arrive. Shipped on the 9th, need something to distract the small fella (and me)

I had an order dispatched on the 7th that was delivered today (12th)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

If anyone is experiencing delays in receiving Lego orders, it could be due to this - https://www.thejournal.ie/dpd-uk-brexit-5319599-Jan2021/

Having said that, my order from Jan 1st did arrive yesterday.

Same dates for me. Having said that my other order (also from the 1st) for the modular didn’t dispatch until the 7th, so when that shows up is anyone’s guess.

And that's arrived. Two weeks. Still, that's quicker than it when it was An post a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jnk883

Cheers for the updates. I might have it for the weekend so. Went with Apollo Saturn to add to my small but slowly growing selection. These lockdowns are becoming expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

When did it leave the warehouse? Trying to see how long mine might take to arrive. Shipped on the 9th, need something to distract the small fella (and me)

My Lego order left the warehouse on the 7th and was delivered today (in Dublin).

Hmm the deliveries seem pretty random. My order from the 1st seems to be in the Netherlands and hasn't moved in a few days but hopefully it'll arrive before the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Hmm the deliveries seem pretty random. My order from the 1st seems to be in the Netherlands and hasn't moved in a few days but hopefully it'll arrive before the weekend.

My order from the 1st left Belgium (Mechelen) on the 5th so probably stuck in that giant UK DPD backlog. Ah well.

Mine hasn't moved from NL since the 11th. I'm not feeling confident now for a weekend delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Ninjago building is live for VIPs now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

Mine hasn't moved from NL since the 11th. I'm not feeling confident now for a weekend delivery
    Mine was in NL on the 10th, out for delivery today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

The new ninjago modular (garden) is actually on the site now: https://www.lego.com/en-ie/product/ninjago-city-gardens-71741?icmp=HP-SHH-XL-NJ_Hero_XL_71741_Ninjago_City_Gardens_Product_Pack_Shot_HP-EX-NJ-1CA67ONX2D

Damage is 300e. I will get it but there is no hurry ha.

The harbour is still sitting sealed in storeroom somewhere lol. Ninjago city is joy to look at whenever I am back home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Thinking of getting the Apollo 11 moon landing set after finishing my old trafford build. Woukd ye have any opinions in it for those who have it already?

Thinking of getting the Apollo 11 moon landing set after finishing my old trafford build. Woukd ye have any opinions in it for those who have it already?

It's a brilliant set. More of a display set than a play set though. It fits nicely alongside the Saturn V and ISS sets.

It was the first one I got when I got back into lego over lockdown and loved the build. As Rhyme says it is defintiely a display set but my 4 year loves to play with the astronauts and have them climb the ladder but I close one eye when he does as I'm waiting for it to fall :D And of course I had to order Apollo Saturn V to go with it, which is now in Athlone as of an hour ago so I may have it for the weekend yet.
    And of course when I have both built I am going to have to get ISS

And of course when I have both built I am going to have to get ISS
    The road to hell is paved with Lego bricks!

Got my order today! The Chinese new year garden set looks so handsome and the vintage car i will make some mod on it i think.

In fairness the set was back-ordered when i ordered it on 1Jan and shipped on 7Jan, arriving today (via BE NL) with DPD. I guess if the delivery is not from UK then we can expect 1-2 weeks timeline; unlikely to get delivery from UK now so that's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭General Disarray

As the others have said, it's a great set. I have it displayed alongside the Saturn V and ISS.

Just purchased the new Technic Ferrari 488 GTE today.

The listing is up now for the Blacksmith, looks very tempting...
    https://www.lego.com/en-ie/product/medieval-blacksmith-21325?p=21325&cmp=social-meuivi-SHOP

wench wrote: »
    https://www.lego.com/en-ie/product/medieval-blacksmith-21325?p=21325&cmp=social-meuivi-SHOP

looks excellent :p and with a horse. Looks like a good buy to me...

150e for the size tho, i remember thats the same price as the old fisherman store but this looks smaller eh (similar 2k pieces i just checked).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Really liking it now. May have to grab it now.

That looks class, gonna use my VIP points to pick it up cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I had the very first LEGO Blacksmiths Forge, part of the old Castle series, from circa 1984. :o

I got the Black Knights Castle for my 9th birthday in May 1984 from my mum and dad and I think my aunt got me the forge set for Christmas that same year. :)

How long does it take for stock to arrive back in lego store? Just flower boutique is sold out and other half mentioned it twice, just wouldn't be a bad one to get her for valentines next month. I know in smyths etc. But could get some VIP points for it or a free gift from lego store with the price of it.

RGARDINR wrote: »
    How long does it take for stock to arrive back in lego store? Just flower boutique is sold out and other half mentioned it twice, just wouldn't be a bad one to get her for valentines next month. I know in smyths etc. But could get some VIP points for it or a free gift from lego store with the price of it.

Usually it's just production time. They make an estimate of how many sets to make per sale period and keep to that schedule. If it's a sleeper hit, it can take ages. If it's just stock not keeping pace with supply, maybe a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

I've been checking for the Razor Crest (or Mandalorian Bounty Hunter Transport) for God knows how many weeks or months now and it's always "Temporarily out of stock", not even an option to back order 4 weeks from now.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Usually it's just production time. They make an estimate of how many sets to make per sale period and keep to that schedule. If it's a sleeper hit, it can take ages. If it's just stock not keeping pace with supply, maybe a week.

OK thanks. I say theat would be a big hit now, I will hold off for a while and see if it comes back in if not smyths. Same with the mandalorian ship hasn't been in in ages.

pcadhain wrote: »
    I've been checking for the Razor Crest (or Mandalorian Bounty Hunter Transport) for God knows how many weeks or months now and it's always "Temporarily out of stock", not even an option to back order 4 weeks from now.

Yeah same here you would think they would make tons of them as there is money to be made there

The amount of Chinese minifigs on adverts lately is unreal.

The amount of Chinese minifigs on adverts lately is unreal.

If I see 'Finglas' in the location I now assume it's knock-off Lego because of that person.

Rhyme wrote: »
    If I see 'Finglas' in the location I now assume it's knock-off Lego because of that person.

I've bought off him in the past, he's not bad to deal with but I see people who regularly comment on lego ads buying them and I can't help but wonder why not just buy the packs directly from Ali express rather than pay massive mark ups per minifig

• Advertisement

I've bought off him in the past, he's not bad to deal with but I see people who regularly comment on lego ads buying them and I can't help but wonder why not just buy the packs directly from Ali express rather than pay massive mark ups per minifig

Time convenience, the slow boat from China is very very slow :)

I tend to try and buy from Irish sellers on Bricklink as much as I can, both to support sellers here but also the postage is faster than waiting on a few minifigures from Ukraine or wherever.

I'd be of the opinion that there should be a subset of the Lego selling area of Adverts for 'Lego compatible' sales. Just so people know what they're getting. It might lead to smaller and smaller selling areas though.

Advertisement