Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

Forgot to log in last night to pick up some of the new Harry Potter and Star Wars sets. Pretty much everything on back order this morning but did order The attack on the Burrows and Trouble on Tatooine only for the free monster book of monsters and vintage car.

I didn't know about the monster book of monsters being a giveaway and was almost ordering one from bricklink during the week so that was a nice surprise

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Was woken up at midnight by fireworks, bought the Bonsai Tree and the Mandalorian set and went back to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Watched some fireworks from my back garden. 00:05 back inside and ordered Police Station and Spring Lantern Festival sets separately for 2x vintage cars. Orders processed <1 minute

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ordered the chinese lantern festival set + the vintage car earlier, i dont see many new sets are available ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Watched some fireworks from my back garden. 00:05 back inside and ordered Police Station and Spring Lantern Festival sets separately for 2x vintage cars. Orders processed <1 minute

Spring lantern! Knew there was something else I wanted. Also did two orders today, only one email confirmation so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Just wondering on lego website how long does it take an item to be back in stock if out of stock.?Just thinking of buying the mandalorian bounty hunter transport from their site.

ah the latest idea set, the right is the final version. looks so good, i will get it if the price is not too bizarre (witcher moc anyone? or FF tactic :pac:)

No confirmation on price yet (I am hopping this is below or around 80/90), supposed to come out early Feb 2021.
    OFVSxx2l.png

hmmm LotR coming back when:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

It's a great looking set but pales in comparison to the original submission.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    ah the latest idea set, the right is the final version. looks so good, i will get it if the price is not too bizarre (witcher moc anyone? or FF tactic :pac:)

No confirmation on price yet (I am hopping this is below or around 80/90), supposed to come out early Feb 2021.
    OFVSxx2l.png

hmmm LotR coming back when:pac:
    Watched a video on YouTube earlier and chap was saying apparently 149.99 dollars

I agree looks far for medieval in original. More older looking.

• Advertisement

ahye sure the original sets looks better of course, the finalized/cut down set looks nice enough except for the roof ill moc it a bit.
    RGARDINR wrote: »
    Watched a video on YouTube earlier and chap was saying apparently 149.99 dollars

now i would be interested where the pieces are used for...old fisherman store was 150e with 2000 pieces, i need to see its interior now...

seraphimvc wrote: »
    ahye sure the original sets looks better of course, the finalized/cut down set looks nice enough except for the roof ill moc it a bit.

now i would be interested where the pieces are used for...old fisherman store was 150e with 2000 pieces, i need to see its interior now...
    Yeah didn't show that, says comes with 4 minifigures and 1 horse as well in his video.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

RGARDINR wrote: »
    I agree looks far for medieval in original. More older looking.

It looks like the Fantasyland version that sits in a Disney Park. I still like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

Sure the original looks like an amazing, somewhat realistic, building made from lego bricks... While the released version looks far more like a lego set. (if that makes any sense)

Got the sesame street set for Christmas and it's the same deal.. Way more colourful and playful than the original but ultimately more embodying of the lego brand I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Argos seems to have scaled down their selection. Think it used to be 230ish sets and now down to about 170. Mostly high end sets gone, most expensive set on their site now is €121 (which in itself is a massive saving compared to other sites, if you can find stock).

Many sets from their most expensive to their cheapest sets seem to have 50%+ off, but most sets are either orderable for thursday onwards or else out of stock.

Jacovs wrote: »
    Argos seems to have scaled down their selection. Think it used to be 230ish sets and now down to about 170. Mostly high end sets gone, most expensive set on their site now is €121 (which in itself is a massive saving compared to other sites, if you can find stock).

Many sets from their most expensive to their cheapest sets seem to have 50%+ off, but most sets are either orderable for thursday onwards or else out of stock.
    When you go in and try and to reserve a lot of their sets that are order in a few days once you put in your details says out of stock. I wish they would be faster and remove the items if their finished ever selling them on their site or if its showing a date in a few days time and you input your details and then comes up out of stock just put nó future date on it and just have it out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

My wife got me the Old Trafford set for Xmas, really enjoying putting it together, think it will look great when complete. Anyone have it and buy a display case anywhere for it?

That Blacksmith set is a day one purchase for me. I missed the Bonsai tree in the new set announcements but it looks very nice as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,421 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

My wife got me the Old Trafford set for Xmas, really enjoying putting it together, think it will look great when complete. Anyone have it and buy a display case anywhere for it?

This is a nice one

https://www.wickedbrick.com/products/display-case-for-lego-creator-expert-old-trafford-10272?_pos=2&_sid=ae8e9f0a4&_ss=r

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

That Blacksmith set is a day one purchase for me. I missed the Bonsai tree in the new set announcements but it looks very nice as well.

Its in Smyths too

• Advertisement

Looks like the free Harry Potter set and free lego vintage car on lego site on orders made over certain amount are gone from site. They went very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭HorseSea

The Harry Potter set went really quickly, within hours I think.

The car was there up until Monday evening, but gone now it seems.

They should be better able to judge demand at this stage - the offer for the car is still showing but it does not get added to your basket.

Could be a yet another good year to be a Star Wars fan

https://www.thebrickfan.com/rumored-lego-star-wars-death-star-with-11000-pieces/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,421 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Could be a yet another good year to be a Star Wars fan

https://www.thebrickfan.com/rumored-lego-star-wars-death-star-with-11000-pieces/

Hopefully some nice new sets.

On the new Death Star, I'm always happy with more sets but the constant re-releasing of sets is so frustrating. I picked up the Death Star (v2) a couple of years ago when it was around €400 in the Smyths sales and haven't yet gotten around to building it. They're almost cannibalizing their own market here as a lot of people who could reach for this will have already bitten on a previous version. Or like me, why bother with another version when you could spend the money on other sets.

I wonder when the first €1k set will arrive at this rate!

I see smyths have dropped the price for the lego technic osprey from 135 to 90. Surely they know they don't have it in stock and this was sold out mths ago there. Is it just so they can have on their website some sets reduced unlike argos who about 2 wks ago loads of their sets reduced. I got a fair amount myself from them then.

If anyone is experiencing delays in receiving Lego orders, it could be due to this - https://www.thejournal.ie/dpd-uk-brexit-5319599-Jan2021/

Having said that, my order from Jan 1st did arrive yesterday.

If anyone is experiencing delays in receiving Lego orders, it could be due to this - https://www.thejournal.ie/dpd-uk-brexit-5319599-Jan2021/

Maybe a tad slower but 2 of 3 order received so far. The bonsai tree box is cool and looking forward to building it for my WFH desk. I had teh UCS Slave 1 on
    but the kids nearly knocked it off a few times. Be cool to change it to a cherry blossom tree in sprint too.

lego-botanical-collection-2021-10281-02.jpg

10281_alt4.png

My 1Jan order is not yet arrived but I can see now that it is going through from Belgium to Netherlands.

And hey for anyone that is interested, the HP monster book promo (HP set purchase >75e) is back (and also the ice skating set too for purchase >150e), I just tried it at lego.ie
    wBj078fl.jpg

I wouldn't mind to have that ice skating really hmm but I'll pass as i dont often get new sets with their full price (and alot of new sets you cant even back order now...)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jnk883

When did it leave the warehouse? Trying to see how long mine might take to arrive. Shipped on the 9th, need something to distract the small fella (and me)

• Advertisement

jnk883 wrote: »
    When did it leave the warehouse? Trying to see how long mine might take to arrive. Shipped on the 9th, need something to distract the small fella (and me)

Ordered on the 1st, shipped on the 5th and arrived on the 11th.

Advertisement