Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jnk883

Jealous of all the shipped orders, mine is still in warehouse. Come on NES

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

New Technic Ferrari announced - I'd buy this one quicker than the Lambo Sian: https://brickset.com/sets/42125-1/Ferrari-488-GTE-AF-CORSE-51

42125_alt1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭polydactyl

jnk883 wrote: »
    Jealous of all the shipped orders, mine is still in warehouse. Come on NES

It’s worth the wait, it’s a great build

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jnk883

polydactyl wrote: »
    It’s worth the wait, it’s a great build

I see its on back order now so I might have to wait until December for it to ship. Means less temptation to build before Christmas at least

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Really looking forward to the police station reveal tomorrow!
    Anyone any idea when to expect the large new ninjago set to be revealed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Just to confirm for others as it was mentioned earlier in the thread, I ordered the batwing on backorder and a harry potter minfigure to great the extra GWP, the harry potter figure and both GWPs were shipped while the batwing is still on backorder.

Not sure if the two GWP would have been shipped if I didn't have the potter figure in my order.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

I received an email this morning telling me that the batwing is in the warehouse and that the Charles dickens gift is with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

fun article with the lego story of the kid in legos sets meme that has been passing around this week: https://brickset.com/article/54967
    So, what can we conclude from this? It's taken him 5 years from baby to starting a family. The average age at which we do this is about 30, so 1 human year = 6 minifig years.

We could thus extrapolate that the average lifespan in LEGO City is something around 14 human years. Best go and check those figures you bought in 2006 are still breathing...

my redbeard fig from the original BSB set is an old old dude lol

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

If anyone was planning on checking the black friday discounts at midnight, be warned that lego.com have put a queueing system in place. Current wait time is showing as 10-15 mins.
    I guess when it lets me in I will have to keep clicking around the site to not get kicked out again

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

I Thought it was 2x vip points again :(

And no teal brick... to buy or not to buy :confused::(:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Argos have very good sets with money off now. Star wars lego head set tie fighter down to 42 euro and other sets good bit off of them.

Just wondering on lego website the 5 euro to use at lego. Com for 375 points it's just 1 quantity. Can u just go back in and order as many as u want? as have 4063 points so 50 euro if I get 10 of them

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Just wondering on lego website the 5 euro to use at lego. Com for 375 points it's just 1 quantity. Can u just go back in and order as many as u want? as have 4063 points so 50 euro if I get 10 of them

Thats a nice gesture from lego for that 375point for 5e (usually it is 700 points), thanks for the heads up :D but i think you could only get 1, i got it already and the offer is no longer open for me

I am disappointed actually i thought it would be some different offer than last weekend...should have bought the sets i want last weekend...

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

RGARDINR wrote: »

Don't forget the vouchers are only valid for 30 days too, so have something ready to buy :)

Spocker wrote: »
    Don't forget the vouchers are only valid for 30 days too, so have something ready to buy :)

Yeah very true I won't bother order a few bits last night and have stuff like the AT-AT reserved in argos I will collect later. Shame tho lego vouchers don't last a year with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

The Police Station looks cool at €177. Reminds me of the station in Brooklyn Nine Nine

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭BenAndJerry

pcadhain wrote: »
    The Police Station looks cool at €177. Reminds me of the station in Brooklyn Nine Nine

Looks good alright. I love the modular range - definitely my favorite.

ya it looks good and definitely back to the Diner level to me. It looks good actually beside the bookstore, i want to see the detailed interior/reviews before i made my decision heh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,421 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

pcadhain wrote: »

Donut shop in it is priceless :D

Any assistance? In the process of setting up my winter village but the way and place it’s set up (on a table against a wall) means that all the lovely little interior details are lost....anyone know any bricks that could be used under the “houses” so they could swivel around to be viewed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭xeresod

polydactyl wrote: »
    Any assistance? In the process of setting up my winter village but the way and place it’s set up (on a table against a wall) means that all the lovely little interior details are lost....anyone know any bricks that could be used under the “houses” so they could swivel around to be viewed?

I just make everybody view all of mine every year and I pick up each piece to show all the cool little things it does.......I'm pretty sure plenty of friends and relatives are glad of the lockdown restrictions to skip visiting me this year! :pac::pac::pac:

Although one set of in-laws have bet me at my own game - they bring me a new set on the condition I build it at the kitchen table while they catch up with my other half elsewhere!!!

Definitely the worst black friday sales EVER (for the longest time really), i bought 1 set lmao. Seeing most things are out of stock on the site - yeah, i think i am looking at buying new set in Feb-2021....or i should first day order that 2 new chinese new year sets in Jan-2021....

Bought the AT-AT in argos plus lego City ice cream truck there. From lego website ordered spiderman jet v venom mech, hidden side beach buggy (only copped already had this set) and black widow minifigures set. On amazon ordered 3 lego books just want the minifigures and the lego space 3 in 1 creator. Nice one who mentioned the kids wish list on amazon as got an additional amount off on them.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    Definitely the worst black friday sales EVER (for the longest time really), i bought 1 set lmao. Seeing most things are out of stock on the site - yeah, i think i am looking at buying new set in Feb-2021....or i should first day order that 2 new chinese new year sets in Jan-2021....

The spring lantern set looks very nice. I regret not picking up this year's one's.

So we set up our Winter Village with the Disney and IKEA Lego additions
    534792.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Billydoc

They have a vip keyring for 950 points on the vip rewards section if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Billydoc wrote: »
    They have a vip keyring for 950 points on the vip rewards section if anyone is interested.

Redeemed one but now have to buy something to get it. Open for 60 days so likely the Modular Police Station or some of those new roads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I know this is probably a long shot but does anybody know anywhere selling the Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar for this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

I'm calling shenanigans on legos black friday sale really.

I had my eye on a few bits, one of which was Tantive IV and had it in my shopping bag all day hoping for a price reduction.

1 minute to midnight, in stock, no discount yet
    Midnight, in stock, no discount yet
    1 minute after midnight, out of stock, 20% discount

Today, in stock, sale finished.

Maybe its just coincidence, but most other sets seem to be still on backorder or just "Out of stock"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭g0g

I agree on the point about certain sets suddenly not being available.

I was happy enough to pick up the NES which I was gonna buy anyway and get both double VIP plus Charles Dickens set plus the giant brick.

Then past couple of days I grabbed the two discounted voucher and the two keychain offers - granted that'll force another order in the next month but I can live with that :)

But yes I preferred when the free sets didn't require such a high spend.

Advertisement