Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options for returning to Ireland

Options
  • 20-01-2021 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

if the situation arose where you needed to get back, what are the options for isolation?

are there hotels who will take "fresh" from outside of Ireland customers?

curious to hear what the options are...

the "ah sure it'll be grand" option is off the table....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Hotels are currently only taking bookings for essential staff only. You could ring the HSE helpline to find out if there is anything available or check with the Department of Foreign Affairs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I know of hotels around the airport that were taking people for the purpose of isolation. I had a client who had relocated to Ireland last year and was isolating in hotel. He had to sign an agreement to say he wouldn't leave his room. (He wasn't allowed out for exercise) It sounded miserable but he did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

The City West Hotel was a quarantine centre earlier in the year but not sure now.

I returned from Malaysia in November. I am lucky that my parents house could facilitate my separation for quarantining but had looked into alternatives including renting an apartment Airbnb style.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

Yeah, the air bnb seems to be the best course, but will need to enquire with the owners first.... thanks for the hotel suggestions too !

Advertisement