Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    There's talk of Cox appearing in the She-Hulk series too.

This would make more sense given they're both lawyers.

So long as they don't bring over Iron Fist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Could they be using Spiderman 3 to integrate the Netflix shows into MCU properly?

Tis would would be awesome if Cox joined the MCU. I doubt the whole Netflix slate will come over, I just think Cox was super popular and that’s why he’s being touted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,671 ✭✭✭nerd69

Cox and Jon bernthal are the two of want the rest are so so

Edit: oh and somehow the purple man he was excelent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Rachel McAdams is returning for Raimi's Dr Strange sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement

Alive action GotG Christmas special for next year along with a live action Baby Groot series.

Tatiana Maslany confirmed as She-Hulk and she will be joined by Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk and Tim Roth as The Abomination

https://deadline.com/2020/12/she-hulk-mark-ruffalo-tim-roth-joining-tatiana-maslany-disney-series-1234654551/

Ant-Man 3 has a name

Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1337200211106570243?s=20

The cross over between series and film will continue as Ms. Marvel star Iman Vellani and Teyonah Parris as the WandaVision character Monica Rambeau join the cast of Captain Marvel 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

nerd69 wrote: »
    Cox and Jon bernthal are the two of want the rest are so so

Edit: oh and somehow the purple man he was excelent

To be fair I think they’d have the legit Hollywood credibility and wouldn’t look out of place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1337200479063994368?s=19

Intrigued by this choice, I enjoy the Spider-Man films but I was hoping for someone a bit more exciting. I hope they get decent writers.

I expect FF cameo in Spider-Man 3 so.

Secret Invasion

Secret Invasion is a newly announced series heading to Disney+ that stars Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Ben Mendelsohn as the Skrull Talos—characters who first met in Captain Marvel. The crossover comic event series showcases a faction of shape-shifting Skrulls who have been infiltrating Earth for years.

Ironheart

Ironheart, the second of the newly announced series coming to Disney+, stars Dominique Thorne as Riri Williams, a genius inventor who creates the most advanced suit of armor since Iron Man.

Armor Wars

Armor Wars, based on the classic Marvel comic series, comes to Disney+ starring Don Cheadle as James Rhodes aka War Machine who must face what happens when Tony Stark’s tech falls into the wrong hands.

Moon Knight

Moon Knight is a new series created for Disney+. Directed by Mohamed Diab, the action-adventure features a complex vigilante who suffers from dissociative identity disorder. The multiple identities who live inside him are distinct characters who appear against a backdrop of Egyptian iconography.

Kevin Feige confirmed T’Challa won't be recast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks for all the updates Agent and Eoin, sounds like some great stuff on the way. She Hulk sounds very interesting with that cast. Tim Roth back is brilliant!

Must say, I'm genuinely interested in WandaVision now. Looks to be actually something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

it looks utterly mental...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,254 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Might even be Legion levels of tripping balls!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Of the clatter of MCU TV shows, Wandvision looks the most creatively elaborate for sure - almost the polar opposite of that Winter Soldier series - though hopefully the oddness isn't confined to just the pilot episode. What I always admired about Legion was that it managed to maintain its basket-case tone and approach across the episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭kerplun k

pixelburp wrote: »
    What I always admired about Legion was that it managed to maintain its basket-case tone and approach across the episodes.

And the little ditties. The singing and dancing always cheered me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

kerplun k wrote: »
    And the little ditties. The singing and dancing always cheered me up.

Always loved this sequence.

Chadwick Boseman's Final Performance as Black Panther Will Be in Disney+'s What If...? Series
    Now, Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige has affirmed to Emmy Magazine that Boseman — whose final live-action performance as Black Panther wound up being in 2019’s Avengers: Endgame — voiced the Wikandan king and hero for What If…?, an animated anthology that explores fun, alternate takes on famous Marvel tales.

For example, Boseman’s T’Challa at one point finds himself suited up as Guardians of the Galaxy‘s Star-Lord, as glimpsed in the trailer below.

“[He] came in about four times and recorded numerous episodes,” Feige told Emmy Magazine. “In hindsight, it’s very moving.”

https://tvline.com/2020/12/22/chadwick-boseman-final-black-panther-performance-what-if-disney-series/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

peteeeed wrote: »

Fixed that for you ;) Not all that surprised really: a 1-day shoot for a cameo was never going to be that much an ask that Evans couldn't fit it into his schedule. Unless he was truly that sick of the role but that never seemed the case either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Be interesting to see how they work it seeing as he's an old man now and passed the shield onto Falcon.
    Some stuff from when he went back and stayed maybe?

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Be interesting to see how they work it seeing as he's an old man now and passed the shield onto Falcon.
    Some stuff from when he went back and stayed maybe?

Given the general thinking parallel universes are to figure in future MCU films, my immediate theory is this will be an alternate universe Cap. Be he the same or some (evil?) variation.

Not even posting a picture of his cock and balls online would deter Disney from asking him back!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,254 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Frank Grillo yesterday was confirmed to be returning to the "What If....." series. Grillo as Cap and Evans as Crossbones?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,161 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I hate the way the endless franchise nature of the MCU just keeps undermining their own best emotional beats. It was great in Endgame that Captain America and Iron Man had actual endings - a rare thing in this series. Now the former’s potentially coming back, and the latter’s popping up in Black Widow too (Black Widow herself being a character with an ending in Endgame, although slightly weirder and less impactful than the other too).

All started with Coulson being killed off in Avengers only to get his own bloody spin-off show and resurrection storyline. I know this is part of comics that characters always come back in some ridiculous form after their apparent deaths or retirement, but in these cases it just sorta weakens some of the stronger emotional beats in stories that often lack actual human stakes.

Advertisement