Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Even with a vaccine I don't think things will magically go back to normal and will be a gradual process which will have cinemas last on their agenda. I hope I'm wrong but for the likes of disney plus, it's been a sh1t show content wise. They need something to justify keeping a sub even if it's something they'll be charging an extra €20 for.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,855 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

There's no way I'd pay €20 on top of a monthly subscription just to watch a film. That's the same as the cinema if you include popcorn and a drink, and doesn't include a massive screen and proper surround sound. I'd be tempted at €10, but €20 is too much imo.

Yeah they're taking the piss with what they charged for Mulan on top of the sub.

I've no problem buying a ppv for 20 notes but I'm not paying a monthly sub.

The way disney are operating disney plus rubs me up the wrong way in general, for example their milking of the mandalorian by releasing episodes on a staggered basis. It's probably an indication of how they're going to release the Marvel tv shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Yeah they're taking the piss with what they charged for Mulan on top of the sub.

I've no problem buying a ppv for 20 notes but I'm not paying a monthly sub.

The way disney are operating disney plus rubs me up the wrong way in general, for example their milking of the mandalorian by releasing episodes on a staggered basis. It's probably an indication of how they're going to release the Marvel tv shows.

Staggered release is basically the norm for streaming at this point. Netflix are the only outlier and even then they have dabbled recently in some of the releases being staggered. Amazon Prime are the other one that could fall into the Netflix bulk release strategy but they have always staggered some of their bigger properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Filming on spidey 3 has started

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Perfect choice if it comes off

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

‘Moon Knight’: Mohamed Diab To Direct Marvel’s Disney+ Series

Clash helmer Mohamed Diab has been tapped to direct Moon Knight, the Marvel series for Disney+ based on the comic book hero, Deadline has learned.

Nobody is commenting, but we hear that the Egyptian filmmaker has boarded the drama starring Oscar Isaac as the title character Moon Knight, aka Marc Spector, a mercenary who has numerous alter egos — cabbie Jake Lockley and millionaire playboy Steven Grant — in order to better fight the criminal underworld. But later he was established as being a conduit for the Egyptian moon god Khonshu. Most recently, the character was a consultant who dresses in all-white and goes by the name Mr. Knight.

Moon Knight was created by Doug Moench and Don Perlin and appeared in the August 1975 issue Werewolf by Night #32.

Jeremy Slater is the TV project’s showrunner, leading the writing team on the series.

Diab’s film Eshtebak (Clash) was an official selection at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival, in the Un Certain Regard category. He is also known for his directorial debut film Cairo 678, which was released a month before the Egyptian revolution. Diab also wrote the blockbuster Egyptian franchise El Gezeira (The Island), which are among the highest grossing Egyptian and Arabic films of all time. His next feature, Amira is eyed for release in 2021.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/moon-knight-mohamed-diab-to-direct-marvels-disney-series-1234604345/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I wonder are the Twitter weirdos going to start screaming about a non Jewish actor taking a Jewish role or maybe that rule doesnt apply to certain ethnicities :o

Moon Knight is supposed to be a big fecker anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,855 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Bambi wrote: »
    I wonder are the Twitter weirdos going to start screaming about a non Jewish actor taking a Jewish role or maybe that rule doesnt apply to certain ethnicities :o

Moon Knight is supposed to be a big fecker anyway.

Probably up there with how many people care when non-Irish actors and portraying Irish characters, ie: Wild Mountain Thyme.

Marvel will have the rights to Daredevil and the rest of the Netflix shows back on Sunday.

I wonder will Disney do anything with them or stick them on the backburner for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,580 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Marvel will have the rights to Daredevil and the rest of the Netflix shows back on Sunday.

I wonder will Disney do anything with them or stick them on the backburner for a few years.

I wonder does this mean they'll be removed from Netflix? I never watched the last season of daredevil and been meaning to.

I think the shows stay on Netflix it just means Disney can use them.

I just want to see Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin in the MCU proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,580 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think the shows stay on Netflix it just means Disney can use them.

I just want to see Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin in the MCU proper.

Him versus Tom Holland's spidey would be awesome!

Hawkeye’ Series Adds Six to Cast, Including Vera Farmiga and Tony Dalton

Along with series leads Jeremy Renner and Hailee Steinfeld, Vera Farmiga, Florence Pugh, Fra Fee, Tony Dalton, Alaqua Cox, and Zahn McClarnon will all appear in the series.

Farmiga is attached to play the Marvel character Eleanor Bishop, the mother of Kate Bishop (Steinfeld).

Fee will play a character named Kazi, most likely short for Kazimierz Kazimierczak, known to Marvel fans as the mercenary villain Clown.

Dalton will play Jack Duquesne, more than likely a take on the Marvel character Jacques Duquesne or Swordsman. An early mentor to Hawkeye, Swordsman has been both a hero and a villain in the Marvel comics.

Pugh will reprise the role of spy and assassin Yelena Belova, the sister of Black Widow. Pugh is set to play the character in the upcoming film “Black Widow” opposite Scarlett Johansson, who has played the title character in multiple films throughout the MCU.

Newcomer Cox will play Maya Lopez, the true name of the Marvel character Echo, a deaf Native American who is capable of perfectly copying another person’s movements, making her a formidable fighter. The show will mark Cox’s onscreen debut.

McClarnon will play the role of William Lopez, likely a take on Maya’s father Willie “Crazy Horse” Lincoln from the comics.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/hawkeye-disney-plus-florence-pugh-vera-farmiga-cast-1234845371/

Florence Pugh well then a Young Avengers series must coming then.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,883 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems Letitia Wright, aka Shuri, has annoyed fans
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/black-panther-star-letitia-wright-052317006.html
    “Black Panther” star Letitia Wright, who plays tech genius (and T’Challa’s sister) Shuri in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, had fans upset on Thursday night after she shared an antivaxxer video on Twitter and then began tweeting in apparent support of the position.

Don't see the big deal, she's has a dodgy opinion like most people do. Her only problem is that she should stop tweeting to the baying crowd.

I've a bit of a shock for the muppets who think Shuri needs to be played by an actor of equal genius.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,952 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks like the usual lifecycle of some Twitter teacup storm. Had I a monkey paw, a wish would be that service disappeared in the morning. Too easy for the ignorant to share dangerous conspiracy, while too easy for the slacktivist masses to bully as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭kerplun k

She should be fired IMMEDIATELY.
    I’m joking of course. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if we don’t agree with it.
    It’s like the stuff with Jodie Comer / Chris Pratt, you can’t just have a go at someone because they go against the popular opinion, or in comer case, dating someone that supports an unpopular political party, it’s madness, but that’s the internet in 2020 I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I wonder does this mean they'll be removed from Netflix? I never watched the last season of daredevil and been meaning to.

Daredevil was great but like most superhero shows nearly everything is devoted to the big season arc and the traditional crime fighting is sidelined. They need to show hero helping the ordinary people on the street.

It would be great if Marvel rehired the actors - with the exception of Mariah and her toy boy - but they probably want a fresh start. It could still be dark and gritty in a way suitable for Disney+. Jessica Jones would be a problem of course but I’m sure a talented writer could adapt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Deadpool 3 is on the books so will have to see how that ends up first.

If it's small screen then Disney will need their new streaming service up internationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Supposedly an official Sony YouTube channel put up a teaser announcing an MCU Spider-Verse but it has been taken down since.

https://twitter.com/DLohRidah/status/1335743641407590400?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Was the Eternals movie not originally supposed to have been out in November? How come we never got a teaser or trailer for it? Surely there should have been something early on in the year, before all the Covid madness, to get the hype going.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,883 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just looked and you're right. Maybe they planned to start marketing after Black Widow.
    When checking the dates, it seems Shang Chi was meant to release after Eternals but now it's releasing before

Charlie Cox looking like he will be in Spider Man 3

Now get D'Onofrio.

Now get D'Onofrio.

Could they be using Spiderman 3 to integrate the Netflix shows into MCU properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Now get D'Onofrio.
    I think the timing of these announcements is on point. I remember a while back someone form Sony/Marvel, or maybe Tom Holland himself saying that a trailer would be released before the end of the year.

And now the fact that the Netflix right to Dardevil is handed back to Disney, it would be a perfect time to announce Charlie Cox is coming back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

There's talk of Cox appearing in the She-Hulk series too.

Advertisement